So Arturia Just Put Out A Tease

Discuss VST stuff here!
hurricane
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2018

On their Instagram. 5 days away. Wavetable synth perhaps (cuz of the waves in the vid and the way it sounds)...but software or hardware, who knows.

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

selig
RE Developer

06 Dec 2018

Thanks for the heads up - very interesting! Whether software or hardware, it looks like they're implying it's an original synth rather than a "recreation"…

At least we only have a few days to wait - was contemplating getting the MiniBrute 2s in the near future, so if it's new hardware, I'll be very interested - either way, win/win!
Selig Audio, LLC

AzureEyes

06 Dec 2018

It's a VST and it is not part of the the V Collection!Image

That's all I'll say!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

selig
RE Developer

07 Dec 2018

AzureEyes wrote:It's a VST and it is not part of the the V Collection!
That’s what I got from the teaser too, and something about waves… ;)
All will be known shortly…

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

AzureEyes

09 Dec 2018

selig wrote:
AzureEyes wrote:It's a VST and it is not part of the the V Collection!
That’s what I got from the teaser too, and something about waves… ;)
All will be known shortly…

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
That's just a slice of a bigger pie! Seems there's other synth modes too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Koshdukai

11 Dec 2018

Might as well post it already, since it's out through KVR :)

Arturia releases Pigments - Software Synthesizer
https://www.kvraudio.com/news/arturia-r ... izer-43582

Price: $199 / 199€ - Pigments will be available to experience for free for a full month after its release. Users wishing to buy Pigments during this promotional month will be able to purchase it for only $149 / 149€. Exclusive deals will be available for existing Arturia customers and V Collection owners.
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/pigments-by-arturia

Edit: and here's the official video:

...and the official page :)
https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... s/overview

hurricane
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2018

"Exclusive deals will be available for existing Arturia customers and V Collection owners". - if that's $99 or less, then SOLD.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Loque

11 Dec 2018

It has lots of colored curves with moving displays. It must be good ;)
Reason12, Win10

hurricane
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2018

:thumbs_up:

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 4.14.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 4.14.29 PM.png (119.57 KiB) Viewed 2512 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

miscend

11 Dec 2018

It's $99 if you're an Arturia customer. And $69 if you own V Collection 6. $149 for everyone else.

manisnotabird

11 Dec 2018

Playing around with the free 30 day demo of this. A couple of small bugs (the filter FM seems to have quirks that I think are bugs and the envelope decay doesn't work when the decay curve is set to perfectly linear). Not really sure what it offers that differentiates it much from Serum, Massive, Europa or Expanse.

dvdrtldg

11 Dec 2018

manisnotabird wrote:
11 Dec 2018
Not really sure what it offers that differentiates it much from Serum, Massive, Europa or Expanse.
I think I've reached Peak Synth. Everything that comes out these days just looks like a slightly modded version of something I already own and haven't fully explored yet

I guess it's different for people new to the market, but I sometimes wonder if software synths are becoming like racing yachts, i.e. the really great leaps forward in design happened some time ago and now it's all just minor performance/workflow tweaks with major hype

future-bit

11 Dec 2018

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

EnochLight

11 Dec 2018

dvdrtldg wrote:
11 Dec 2018
I think I've reached Peak Synth. Everything that comes out these days just looks like a slightly modded version of something I already own and haven't fully explored yet
Turns to his copies of VPS Avenger, Serum, Dune 3, Europa, and some other titles (currently in beta testing).

Yep - I concur!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

antic604

12 Dec 2018

Goddamn Arturia! I logged onto my account, saw a "personal offer" of V Collection 6 + Pigments for EUR268 and just couldn't say no...

It's like EUR12 / synth! That's a much better deal than those Skrock REs :puf_bigsmile:

Now how do I even get familiar with those 22 synths :o :shock: :?

QVprod

12 Dec 2018

"Pigments can sound like other synths but other synths can't sound like Pigments"...

I like Arturia but they seem to have a thing for hyperbole. Like when they announced Audiofuse as a next gen interface :lol: . I haven't tried it out yet, but looking at it's feature set (yet another modern wavetable synth) and watching a few videos, I have doubts about that being true. Probably a good synth though if you don't already have wavetable bases covered

hurricane
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2018

It's interesting - I spent almost 2 hours playing with Pigments this morning, and this is the most fun I've had creating patches since Thor came out. I'm really liking the Analog engine on this, mostly because it does those slick and glossy 80s Roland/Oberheim sounds really well. And I don't know if this is an all new chorus, but I never really liked the chorus fx in their other synths, and this one is fantastic. I also think the GUI is very good with lots of space and clarity that I wish REs would have, and I'm a sucker for all those pretty colors. Haven't even really explored the Wavetable engine yet, but I did throw in some Serum wavetables and those worked flawlessly.

Anyway, this is probably going to be my go-to synth because I like the 'warm analog /cold digital' thing going on in this synth. And for $69 it was a no-brainer.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

selig
RE Developer

12 Dec 2018

QVprod wrote:
12 Dec 2018
"Pigments can sound like other synths but other synths can't sound like Pigments"...

I like Arturia but they seem to have a thing for hyperbole. Like when they announced Audiofuse as a next gen interface :lol: . I haven't tried it out yet, but looking at it's feature set (yet another modern wavetable synth) and watching a few videos, I have doubts about that being true. Probably a good synth though if you don't already have wavetable bases covered
This also got my attention:
"Scanning a matrix for the right parameter works, but it isn’t the only way.
Thanks to its unique interface, Pigments doesn’t just make complex modulations easy, it makes them fun. This is a new approach to building sounds."

It was odd because it would typically be followed by a description of the "new approach" to building sounds. But it wasn't.

Anyone care to share what's new about making "complex modulations" in Pigments? I'm always on the lookout for better ways to route modulations in a synth.

Also, "Pigments", really? "PolyChrome" would have been a much better name for a synth IMO. I just keep seeing "PIG" when I see that name… ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

antic604

12 Dec 2018

selig wrote:
12 Dec 2018
Anyone care to share what's new about making "complex modulations" in Pigments? I'm always on the lookout for better ways to route modulations in a synth.
I don't think there's anything particularly new - it's mostly about the workflow, the visual layout, ease of connecting modulation sources to targets, that can also be other modulators. In this way that middle LFO/envelope panel is very similar to Bitwig's modulators and works similarly too:

selig wrote:
12 Dec 2018
Also, "Pigments", really? "PolyChrome" would have been a much better name for a synth IMO. I just keep seeing "PIG" when I see that name… ;)
Interesting. I always think of Pygmies (the African native tribe) :D

QVprod

12 Dec 2018

selig wrote:
12 Dec 2018
QVprod wrote:
12 Dec 2018

This also got my attention:
"Scanning a matrix for the right parameter works, but it isn’t the only way.
Thanks to its unique interface, Pigments doesn’t just make complex modulations easy, it makes them fun. This is a new approach to building sounds."

It was odd because it would typically be followed by a description of the "new approach" to building sounds. But it wasn't.
Exactly, I was looking for what was so different about it. They seem to leave it up to users to figure that out themselves.

Reminiscence

13 Dec 2018

Got me a copy at discount. Must say it's a very intuitive workflow and inviting interface that gets you results much faster than other synths I've tried. Though I understand the criticism that it's just another wavetable synth, which doesn't affect my choice very much, because that's not the way I make decisions on what to purchase. Everyone has an opinion, but why cite Massive, Serum, Europa etc. if the same logic applies to them also? What came before them, and what will come after? Massive X is around the corner, so keep that in mind. :ugeek:

QVprod

13 Dec 2018

Reminiscence wrote:
13 Dec 2018
Though I understand the criticism that it's just another wavetable synth, which doesn't affect my choice very much, because that's not the way I make decisions on what to purchase. Everyone has an opinion, but why cite Massive, Serum, Europa etc. if the same logic applies to them also? What came before them, and what will come after? Massive X is around the corner, so keep that in mind. :ugeek:
If you already have the aforementioned synths, the question is "what's so different to make me interested?" Serum has differences to Massive. Europa has differences to Serum. What makes it stand out from the others like it is a large factor in whether people feel a product is worth it.

hurricane
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2018

QVprod wrote:
13 Dec 2018
If you already have the aforementioned synths, the question is "what's so different to make me interested?" Serum has differences to Massive. Europa has differences to Serum. What makes it stand out from the others like it is a large factor in whether people feel a product is worth it.
Personally speaking, and being an owner of Serum and Massive (and Europa of course), sometimes you just vibe with a synth. I have genuinely enjoyed making sounds with Pigments and I want to keep creating. And I'm one of those lazy "just load up a preset and tweak it" guys, but I'm having so much fun with Pigments, and I think it's because #1 it sounds really good (especially when you pan the filters), and #2 the GUI is FANTASTIC, and #3 I'm really digging the Analog/Wavetable engines cuz it's kind of like "Thriller" and "Bad" all-in-one. Serum - I use just for presets. Massive, same. Europa - I tinker with it every once in a while. But I'm all over Pigments.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

bitley

13 Dec 2018

• Information