Automatically open external links in new tab.

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
Namyo85

27 Aug 2018

External links from this site should open in a new tab, for example if you open a youtube video or a song file on a web page and you want to continue browsing this forum while it's playing. ok, you can open in new tab but it's remembering to do that.

jam-s

27 Aug 2018

Namyo85 wrote:
27 Aug 2018
External links from this site should open in a new tab, for example if you open a youtube video or a song file on a web page and you want to continue browsing this forum while it's playing. ok, you can open in new tab but it's remembering to do that.
No, please not. I hate it when websites think they know better than I do where a link should be opened. Simply press ctrl while clicking to open it in a new tab or shift for a new window. But please don't take this freedom of choice away by setting target=_blank.

see also:
here
and here

aeox
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2018

You can use middle mouse button click to open in new tab as well

Namyo85

28 Aug 2018

I've looked at the above links. I didn't realise there were such risks with the suggestion. In conclusion I guess the answer is simply to remember to open in new tab if you prefer to :cool:

mashers

10 Dec 2018

On some forum systems (I think Xenforo), you have an option to open links to external sites in a new tab. I can't remember what the default option is, but it's nice to have the option. I don't think phpBB 3 has this option, though I know you can edit the config files to make it default:

https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... w-windows/

However, I don't think this should be enforced as some users don't like it. Xenforo is a really nice forum system, and I would like to see this forum migrated to it if possible as it gives users lots more options.

• Information