Announcing Quad Note Generator

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Yonatan

07 Dec 2018

Yes, at least 30 days many will have the trial going on. But in January, there is that long, cold and poor month for many. A bit of reward would be nice then. And, sure, I also wish I could get reward from all dozens of RE one have bought through the years. Share that situation. :)

pothole

07 Dec 2018

is reason unreasonable?

*re wards*

motuscott

07 Dec 2018

antic604 wrote:
06 Dec 2018
Sure. Just drag an instrument into sequencer, open the rack, add CP Player Tap on top of that instrument and connect cables from QNG gate/CV outs to CP Player Tap's gate/CV ins; repeat that 4 times and you'll have setup like mine, without Combinators :)

It's important to have QNG on a separate track, but in order to add it there needs to be some sort of Instrument to attach it to. I used Combinator because it's treated like an instrument, but doesn't have to contain one. Think of this track as an orchestrator for the other 4 tracks.
Works a charm. Brilliant
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2018

Did I imagine it or was QNG €59 yesterday? It’s €69 today.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

antic604

07 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:
07 Dec 2018
No :(

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2018

antic604 wrote:
07 Dec 2018
MrFigg wrote:
07 Dec 2018
No i didnt imagine it or no, its always been €69?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

madmacman

07 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:
07 Dec 2018
antic604 wrote:
07 Dec 2018

Sometimes the displayed currency is jumbled. Maybe it is 59 UK Pounds? I couldn't recreate it. Any UK residents who can chime in?

EnochLight

07 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:
07 Dec 2018
antic604 wrote:
07 Dec 2018

It's always been €69/$69...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2018

EnochLight wrote:
07 Dec 2018
MrFigg wrote:
07 Dec 2018

It's always been €69/$69...
Phew!!! :):):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

KirkMarkarian

07 Dec 2018

Just got this, it's as amazing as it sounds. One thing I just used it for was the BuffRE Beat Repeater. Wanting random glitches in my patterns, but not wanting to use the piano roll to trigger the RE. This would work on Distillery and the Beat Chopper as well. Initially I was using KRON, then RND, and now QNG. Just pop it in there, dial the notes down to C1, and let 'er rip. Really nice way to add in subtle buzzes, clicks, pops, and repeats. Connect 4 Parsecs to another and it's popping out all sorts of nice FM/spectral beauty. Pair this with the Kompulsion and you've got a nice minimalist music creation station ala Mazetools Soniface. Soooooooo pretty!

Bixbambi

07 Dec 2018

antic604 wrote:
06 Dec 2018
Bixbambi wrote:
06 Dec 2018
I tested with CV Player Tap but it does not work. (Or, I do not know how to do it .. it's possible.)
Works here. I used Combis instead of actual instruments, but logic is the same. Once you have this set up and the sequence frozen, just set the loop brackets in sequencer and press "Send to Track" on each CV Player Tap - it will add new MIDI clip on corresponding tracks.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1utuM9 ... ch0sh2M7ia
Thank you very much, it works very well.

Fortunately, there is a CV PLAYER TAP. I hope it will be integrated with Reason 11. Because I imagine there will be another player from the same family as Quad Note Generator in the future.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2018

Based on previous experiences, does anyone think this RE will be used as an incentive to sell Reason 11 when it arrives? I know one can only speculate but I don’t think it’s outside the realms of possibility. Personally I’m not sure it’ll be added to Rewards seeing as it costs less than €99. I’m going to chance it and buy it anyway but it’s still in the back of my mind. Whatcha reckon?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

avasopht
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:
08 Dec 2018
Based on previous experiences, does anyone think this RE will be used as an incentive to sell Reason 11 when it arrives? I know one can only speculate but I don’t think it’s outside the realms of possibility. Personally I’m not sure it’ll be added to Rewards seeing as it costs less than €99. I’m going to chance it and buy it anyway but it’s still in the back of my mind. Whatcha reckon?
Good point. Let's see. If it does I'll probably just get it then.

This device is right up there in killer gems exclusive to Reason

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2018

avasopht wrote:
08 Dec 2018
MrFigg wrote:
08 Dec 2018
Good point. Let's see. If it does I'll probably just get it then.

This device is right up there in killer gems exclusive to Reason
Question is can you hold out that long?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DRUMFish

08 Dec 2018

Hi guys, i just got my hands on the new quad note generator yesterday & so far i must say that it's a true success, love this device ... wouldn't it be great to further enhance this quad generator & all other Players devices & make them VST's ?
Would love that ...

FGL

08 Dec 2018

KirkMarkarian wrote:
07 Dec 2018
One thing I just used it for was the BuffRE Beat Repeater. Wanting random glitches in my patterns, but not wanting to use the piano roll to trigger the RE.
Good Idea for using this device. But setup ist a little complicate as I see. You can't hook it up with effects like Buffre. To have it clean you must do a second setup with a device that not plays like a Combinator. And then you need cabling on the back from QNG to Buffre. If I don't have overlook something. This works also very good with doctor rex and rhythmic Rex Files. For glitches we can do some glitchy ones fast with the rex export. I would love to see some way that is more easy, to store some setups in one Combinator.

KirkMarkarian

08 Dec 2018

FGL wrote:
08 Dec 2018

Good Idea for using this device. But setup ist a little complicate as I see. You can't hook it up with effects like Buffre. To have it clean you must do a second setup with a device that not plays like a Combinator. And then you need cabling on the back from QNG to Buffre. If I don't have overlook something. This works also very good with doctor rex and rhythmic Rex Files. For glitches we can do some glitchy ones fast with the rex export. I would love to see some way that is more easy, to store some setups in one Combinator.
Well, I'm a wiring/modular creator. I've been wiring since 1995 in real life, and in Reason since 2001. That being said, it is best to work in the way that suits you.

It really is very easy to store the glitch effects wired up in a combinator, then save that as a preset. In the combinator, I have a BuffRE and KRON. I use KRON to trigger BuffRE. All you have to do is wire up the QNG to CV/Note on the BuffRE. For the QNG, I save a preset that will trigger the BuffRE in the note range D1 - F3.

I'm fast at this because I've been doing it for a very long time. Some people prefer to "draw" in the automated stuff in the sequencer. It's a nice option to have as well. Good for all sorts of things.

FGL

08 Dec 2018

Wow, the new spellchecking makes it very hard. One Sentence in the first Post is total unreadable.
Last edited by FGL on 08 Dec 2018, edited 1 time in total.

FGL

08 Dec 2018

So back on working Place. Thanks for the answer. I had solved the Problem by myself in a similar way. I have put some of this "External Midi Instrument" in between (Doing nothing), so that i can place a second instance of QNG above this. This QNG could be used for triggering then Buffre and I can store the whole setup in one Combinator.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2018

Woah!!! This thing on Rad Keys with a little bit of delay, a funky drummer and a skankin' bassline. Saturday night is saved :):):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

08 Dec 2018

This thing is amazballs
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Faastwalker

08 Dec 2018

Had a good play with this last night. Very cool initially & I feel like I've barely scratched the surface. Certainly went in totally blind & didn't read the manual or even pay much attention to what I was doing. I had something very nice that I liked pretty quickly. Just tried to fire up Reason for another go with the manual on hand. But I'm having trouble loading with the error below. (I have Quad Note Generator on trial). No other issues with Network. I'll just try again later & have a read through the manual. Incidentally regarding using Quad Note generator with beat choppers - I added an instance of Distillery & hooked this up (via gate / note CV on rear) to channel 4 of the QNP, which was added after a Kong. This triggered fine with a little tweaking of the note range.

EDIT: Just tried to go to my Product page on the Propellerheads website - this also times out after while. No issues with any other sites. Anyone else getting this?

2nd EDIT: Looks like something has gone down on the Prop's end - there's a thread about it in the 'General' forum.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Dec 2018

I’m really going back and forth on this RE. I know it’s because I’m just new and not really using it “right” yet but all the stuff I’ve got out of it sounds the same sort of diddly diddly Da Da Da diddle dee. Admittedly it is a cool diddly diddly Da Da Da diddle dee and I can sit for ages listening to jazzy funky sounds being created. Just worried a bit that it’s not versatile even though I KNOW that it must be. Maybe time to RTFM :). A very uncommon activity for me :):):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

FGL

09 Dec 2018

I think you see it right. Mostly it is diddli diddle. Much effort for some other tunes. So it is very hard to get right in a slower Mood. But on 90 bpm it is much better. And also if you reduce most of everything. Instruments, notespectrum and events.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Dec 2018

FGL wrote:
09 Dec 2018
I think you see it right. Mostly it is diddli diddle. Much effort for some other tunes. So it is very hard to get right in a slower Mood. But on 90 bpm it is much better. And also if you reduce most of everything. Instruments, notespectrum and events.
S’what I thought and I honestly don’t know how many diddle dee songs I can put up with. At the moment I’m thinking one...which I’m kind of happy listening to for an extended period without getting tired of it. I could see me using this RE mostly on Kong.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information