VST Automation — Disaster??

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Klaus—Morlock

06 Dec 2018

Hi folk.

I just bought Psychicmodulations new drum machine — Pulsecode. Unfortunately, the parameter that I most want to automate, i.e. the "fracture" parameter (which is essentially randomised fills) will NOT AUTOMATE. This renders the plug-in unusable, as far as I'm concerned. Is this a known thing with Reason? The same thing happens with G-Force's Oddity — one of the FILTERS is not automatable. Does Reason just provide automatable parameters at random? If so, what a disaster, as the most important parameters for performance cannot be automated.

Am I missing something?

This is a deal-breaker for the DAW, if I can't automate these perameters.

Is there a workaround? I've tried putting Pulsecode into a Combinator, but the parameters I need to automate don't appear in the drop-down.

If anyone can help, I'd be most grateful.

Best, Klaus

Loque

06 Dec 2018

At first, is the parameter automatable at all and in other DAWs?

Reason has a limited number of supported parameters. If this is here the case, you can try to automate it via midi loop back.
Reason12, Win10

Klaus—Morlock

06 Dec 2018

Thank you, Loque.

bronsoncox
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2018

On a quick scan of Pulsecode's manual, it looks like Fracture is controlled by the pitchbend parameter with Fracture note controls for each drum assignable in the MIDI panel of the VST itself.

I am guessing that the automation would be note w/ pitchbend to control Fracture and and note w/ modwheel to control Flow.

https://www.psychicmodulation.com/pulse ... manual.pdf

antic604

07 Dec 2018

I'm not familiar with this VST, but can you map that parameter to one of the CV ins? If so, then you could use this free RE (https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... generator/) to automate it's knobs and connect them to the CV in on the VST?

Also maybe try if you can map that parameter to button in a Combi?

• Information