Microtuning for native (RE and legacy) devices

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Ermitage

06 Dec 2018

Implemented so that either you load tuning files on the individual instruments or as a global setting for all of the reason instruments.

Ahornberg

06 Dec 2018

Yes that would be great!

ScuzzyEye

07 Dec 2018

That's definitely something I'd love to see. The problem is I don't see a way to communicate individual note tuning information to all existing REs in a backward compatible way. So it'd have to be an addition to new releases.

It'd be great if there was support added to the SDK to allow REs to load a standardized microtuning definition file. It'd still be up to the developers to implement the per-note tuning, but at least there'd be a regular way to communicate the settings.

RoryM0

26 Mar 2022

Bump to this to include the use of MTS-ESP https://oddsound.com/mtsespsuite.php and also .scl and .tun tuning files on a per instrument basis.

huggermugger

26 Mar 2022

I think microtuning is too eclectic for Props to consider. And I'm guessing it's harder to implement than it might seem. AFAIK, there's only been one attempt to address the issue 'natively', an RE from Ochen K called MIcrotune. It's an awkward and limited workaround that uses realtime pitch bend, so polyphonic sounds and sounds with overlapping release times are out of the question.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... microtune/

I'm happy to get my microtuning fix from great-sounding VSTs like Chromaphone, Lounge Lizard, String Studio, Ultra Analog and Phosphor.

RoryM0

26 Mar 2022

huggermugger wrote:
26 Mar 2022
I think microtuning is too eclectic for Props to consider. And I'm guessing it's harder to implement than it might seem. AFAIK, there's only been one attempt to address the issue 'natively', an RE from Ochen K called MIcrotune. It's an awkward and limited workaround that uses realtime pitch bend, so polyphonic sounds and sounds with overlapping release times are out of the question.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... microtune/

I'm happy to get my microtuning fix from great-sounding VSTs like Chromaphone, Lounge Lizard, String Studio, Ultra Analog and Phosphor.
I agree completely. As I write that I thought to myself "why am I bothering, this is something RS will never get round to even if they have any desire to..."

Yeah I've seen Ochen's Microtune, so it's basically that and also PinkNoise's Maia which appears to have microtuning options on the back but haven't tried it so am not sure.

• Information