Kilohearts' Disperser released

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

01 Feb 2016

:ignition:
TritoneAddiction wrote:I took a chance with this one and bought it without trying.
Why ?
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Feb 2016

pjeudy wrote::ignition:
TritoneAddiction wrote:I took a chance with this one and bought it without trying.
Why ?
Because it's more exciting that way :)
I did listen to the demos though, so I wasn't totally clueless as to what it does.

normen

02 Feb 2016

Why ?
Lol, I tried maybe two plugins and own like 120 ^^ Its not like REs are expensive.

pjeudy

02 Feb 2016

normen wrote:
Why ?
Lol, I tried maybe two plugins and own like 120 ^^ Its not like REs are expensive.
:puf_smile: I understand they are not expensive but a few 39 bucks here and there can be added up to buy a more expensive RE.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2016

I thought I'd share this one so people can hear the Disperser in an actual song and not just in short sound bites. Of course you can't compare on and off, but anyway here's "The Temple".

This is my first song using Disperser and it's used quite a lot in this track for most of the important elements.
It can really make sounds snappy sounding and make them cut through in the mix.

It's used on:

The entire drum kit.
The deep bass that plays through almost the entire song.
The metallic sounding percussive lead starting at 0:33.
Midrangy bass line at 1:05. The difference without Disperser here is ridiculous. It basically made the sound.
And the last not so important one. The sound in the background jumping from left to right at 1:07. Just to add some extra snap.

geronimo

13 Apr 2018

Breach The Sky

13 Apr 2018

Disperser is perfect to add punch to transient sounds. Just don't overdo it or it will have to much of a "zappy" effect imo. Around 25% wet, and lover the frequency dial a bit hits the sweet spot!

Voyager

13 Apr 2018

Breach The Sky wrote:
13 Apr 2018

Disperser is perfect to add punch to transient sounds.

For that matter i think their other device khs transient shaper does a wonderful job.

KirkMarkarian

15 Apr 2018

Voyager wrote:
13 Apr 2018
Breach The Sky wrote:
13 Apr 2018

Disperser is perfect to add punch to transient sounds.

For that matter i think their other device khs transient shaper does a wonderful job.
I have both and yep, the transient shaper really is a great tool - it's not the same as Disperser - but it's really useful. I prefer Disperser for kick manipulation, but Transient has it's place.

dusan.cani

03 Dec 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
25 Mar 2016
I thought I'd share this one so people can hear the Disperser in an actual song and not just in short sound bites. Of course you can't compare on and off, but anyway here's "The Temple".

This is my first song using Disperser and it's used quite a lot in this track for most of the important elements.

It's used on:

The entire drum kit.
Midrangy bass line at 1:05. The difference without Disperser here is ridiculous. It basically made the sound.
And the last not so important one. The sound in the background jumping from left to right at 1:07. Just to add some extra snap.
You provided the beatiful example of Disperser usability. I was looking exactly for this kind of audio demo where you can hear the impact of this effect on overall context of song/mix. Your song example gave me the perfect idea. Now I can properly hear what's possible to achieve with this device. Thank you. BTW I like your song musically too. Kilohearts should have put your song as promo teaser :mrgreen:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2018

dusan.cani wrote:
03 Dec 2018
TritoneAddiction wrote:
25 Mar 2016

It's used on:

The entire drum kit.
You provided the beatiful example of Disperser usability. I was looking exactly for this kind of audio demo where you can hear the impact of this effect on overall context of song/mix. Your song example gave me the perfect idea. Now I can properly hear what's possible to achieve with this device. Thank you. BTW I like your song musically too. Kilohearts should have put your song as promo teaser :mrgreen:
Well thanks. That's very kind of you.

I can honestly say I rely on Disperser almost as much as I do on compressors and EQs at this point. It's just become an integral part of I how I mix and shape my sounds.
Take my latest song "Nightmare 1" for example. Disperser is used on 6 different sounds. It's most prominent on the drums and the "guitar" (which is actually a synth played through Kuassas Creme amp).

dusan.cani

03 Dec 2018

Thanks for another example !

You helped me with use cases of the Disperser because I've been a little bit lost when I tried it myself alone on one instrument.
TritoneAddiction wrote:
03 Dec 2018

...and the "guitar" (which is actually a synth played through Kuassas Creme amp).
Are you serious ? :D Is this really synth through amp and not a guitar ? Wicked !

I forgot to ask you - what reverb did you use on that metallic main lead of the first song ? Sounds very lush...Of course, if it's not a secret :mrgreen:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2018

dusan.cani wrote:
03 Dec 2018
Thanks for another example !

You helped me with use cases of the Disperser because I've been a little bit lost when I tried it myself alone on one instrument.
TritoneAddiction wrote:
03 Dec 2018

...and the "guitar" (which is actually a synth played through Kuassas Creme amp).
Are you serious ? :D Is this really synth through amp and not a guitar ? Wicked !

I forgot to ask you - what reverb did you use on that metallic main lead of the first song ? Sounds very lush...Of course, if it's not a secret :mrgreen:
Yes it's FM4 played through the amp. Who needs a guitar when you've got synths right? The ironic thing is I'm originally a guitar player. I guess that's makes me write more in a guitarist kind of way sometimes.
The lush reverb is Synapse DR-1 Deep Reverb. It's awesome. If you don't have it make sure to get it or get the Synapse RE Collection. It's packed with great stuff for a very affordable price.

PhillipOrdonez

06 Dec 2018

This thread has piqued an interest in this device. Has it ever been on sale?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2018

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
06 Dec 2018
Yeah. €29. And its also in the Mastering Rig.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

06 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:
06 Dec 2018
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
06 Dec 2018
Yeah. €29. And its also in the Mastering Rig.
Excellent, thank you!

• Information