Where do I put my files?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Kasimir1983

05 Dec 2018

I have over the last few days been trying to find the file that my samples are kept in, the reason for this is I I'm not sure where to put new drum samples - where's that be a snare hit or a drum kick etc etc..... I just want to know where to place these files so that I can open the Reason 9, I used FL studio for 5 years before switching to Reason - so add used to just put in my .wav/mp3 files into a designated folder, open FL and all is done lol ......... I have watche some youtube vids about how to open the files but none about where to put my samples.. how to organize my files etc

Seeing as I want to make the switch to reason as easy as possible I would like to know or in this case somebody to tell me where to put my .wav/mp3 tiles so that I can open them in Reason? Anybody here can help?

antic604

06 Dec 2018

You can keep your samples wherever you want on your computer & then just go to Reason's browser and add this/those folders there for easy access. For convenience and performance it's best to keep them on an SDD drive, if you have one.

If you use samples in a song, make sure to tick "Self-contain samples when loading from disk" in Reason's Preferences / General. After this all samples will be contained in the song file, for easy portability and backup (the song will not any longer load them every time from original location).

Loque

06 Dec 2018

I use this to find my missing samples and more: https://www.loopcloud.net/loopcloud-download
Reason12, Win10

Kasimir1983

06 Dec 2018

thanks

• Information