D16 Group's Redoptor2.... sweet tube distortion sounds!

Discuss VST stuff here!
challism

05 Dec 2018

This thing is sick. I had a chance to try this out on my friend's DAW and I love it. Some great tube sounds and so much control to dial in the exact tone in your head. I hope they make this a RE.

https://d16.pl/redoptor2
d16.png
d16.png (732.37 KiB) Viewed 832 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

aeox
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2018

No RE no sale :D

challism

06 Dec 2018

I feel the same way. VSTs are a pain in the ass and I much prefer REs. It's too bad D16 doesn't turn all their devices into REs. I guess they tried out the water temperature with 2 REs and didn't like the number they sold. I would be willing to bet that those two REs sold many licenses, though. I think a lot of users bought them. It goes to show what a limited market REs are, really. I've seen the idea mentioned by other, and I agree: it would be smart of Props to create some easy method for developers to turn REs into VSTs (and vice versa).

Loque

06 Dec 2018

I think, they ported the best of their devices to REs so i dont complain. I have the free filter and thing sucks. I got their uber-delay for free, and it sucks. The last devices they produced are only standard fx like a phaser and really, i have enough phasers and do not pay 50 bucks for a freaking phaser. I have trillions of amps, half of them write somewhere "tube" on the GUI and some have "tube" image elements that light up. But in the end, they all are resonating in the lower frequency area and the tubes are some kind of saturation with some EQ and Gain magice before/after. Having pre-amp and EQ on such a device is just for cluttering and providing production-ready-patches - that controls does not provide anything new or more than you cannot already build.

Oh, and i also tested the 101 from D16 and was so bored...

I really think, they ported their best devices and a lot of their other stuff is mediocre stuff with nice GUIs. And the really sad thing is, i think they could do more and better.
Reason12, Win10

antic604

06 Dec 2018

Loque wrote:
06 Dec 2018
I think, they ported the best of their devices to REs so i dont complain.
I think they only ported their early devices and simply wasn't impressed with the sales, so have not pursued that further... Also, I'd say Antresol, Repeater and Toraverb are pretty dope and calling their Lush-101 "boring" is a blasphemy - it's very faithful to the real thing AND it expands on it it number of ways, 8 separate synths not withstanding :)

But they're Polish, so I admit I might be biased :D

Karim
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2018

It's very hard to find Lush 101 boring..
It's a beast. A bit CPU hunger but is HOT!

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

minilog

06 Dec 2018

I'm a big fan of D16 with RE's and VST's. Lush was just too much for me and uninspiring so I sold it to somebody. I was able to upgrade Redoptor for a decent price so I couldn't pass. Redoptor 2 is a great device and I've used it mostly on individual drum tracks.

dvdrtldg

07 Dec 2018

antic604 wrote:
06 Dec 2018
Antresol, Repeater and Toraverb are pretty dope
I really like Toraverb

Antresol I bought when I was on my search for the perfect flanger, and I'm not a huge fan although I take it out for a run every now and then. Best one I've found has been Audio Thing's Frostbite - which isn't strictly a flanger but can be used for really deep, slow flanging FX

challism

07 Dec 2018

minilog wrote:
06 Dec 2018
I'm a big fan of D16 with RE's and VST's. Lush was just too much for me and uninspiring so I sold it to somebody. I was able to upgrade Redoptor for a decent price so I couldn't pass. Redoptor 2 is a great device and I've used it mostly on individual drum tracks.
I'm really tempted to buy Redoptor2. It sounds so good to me, and there is so much control over the sound.

Lush is a pretty bad ass synth, I agree with you guys. I'm a huge fan of their 2 REs. I think they are both top notch. I havent really tried much D16 stuff, other than the 2 RES (excellent), Redoptor2 (excellent), Lush (excellent), Sigmund (delay unit.... meh, I prefer Echo and Steerpike). But what I have tried, I really like, other than Sigmund. Their GUI is totally beautiful, agreed.

antic604

07 Dec 2018

challism wrote:
07 Dec 2018
Lush is a pretty bad ass synth, I agree with you guys.
And, IMO, Phoscyon is a much better 303 than ABL3. Sounds as good, has more comprehensive distortion section, arpeggiator and actually uses less CPU than ABL3 RE :)

challism

07 Dec 2018

I loaded up about 6 ABL3s the other day. Just for sh*ts and giggles, as they say, and I was surprised to see my 8 core CPU struggling. So, yeah, it is pretty CPU hungry.

• Information