Mouse

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
djs

05 Dec 2018

What kind of mouse do you use with Reason? I'm looking for an ergonomic mouse that works well with Reason. Any suggestions?

GRB

05 Dec 2018

Most mouses will do fine :) However due to lack of space I use Logitech keyboard and mouse connected using one single USB dongle and some software that lets you pair both at the same time (K400 plus keyboard and M325 mouse)
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

PhillipOrdonez

06 Dec 2018

I recently started using a standing mouse (Anker) and it has been great for the hand, plus the customizable extra buttons have been helping lots with time saving (using an external app, mouse X control or something, gratis)

Yonatan

07 Dec 2018

I´ve just recently been looking into this, as what I understand, scroll button on the mouse can be used to zoom in and out?
I´m on a macbook and would need both an numkey-pad (start/stop/play) and a mouse for better workflow. I will try getting a one usb for both keyboard and mouse, that would be so handy. But not all says "Mac OSX" but most says Windows/Chrome.
Does that mean it is impossible to use such one on Mac or is it workable? Anyone tried?
From what I can see with my eyes, the main physical difference of the keyboard is that the one supporting also MacOSX has also a "fn"-button. How crucial is that "fn"-button as a Mac-user if already has it on the keys on the main laptop? On the tiny laptop keys I do use "fn" but more because the keyboard is so small and mostly just for changing the background light or screen light or audio level on the internal audio.

Can I use a wireless keyboard and mouse combo even if it only displays "Windows" on the box?

PhillipOrdonez

08 Dec 2018

Yonatan wrote:
07 Dec 2018
I´ve just recently been looking into this, as what I understand, scroll button on the mouse can be used to zoom in and out?
I´m on a macbook and would need both an numkey-pad (start/stop/play) and a mouse for better workflow. I will try getting a one usb for both keyboard and mouse, that would be so handy. But not all says "Mac OSX" but most says Windows/Chrome.
Does that mean it is impossible to use such one on Mac or is it workable? Anyone tried?
From what I can see with my eyes, the main physical difference of the keyboard is that the one supporting also MacOSX has also a "fn"-button. How crucial is that "fn"-button as a Mac-user if already has it on the keys on the main laptop? On the tiny laptop keys I do use "fn" but more because the keyboard is so small and mostly just for changing the background light or screen light or audio level on the internal audio.

Can I use a wireless keyboard and mouse combo even if it only displays "Windows" on the box?
You mean the scroll wheel? Yes, that zooms in and out and side to side and the width of the lanes by using a combination of, or only, CTRL and SHIFT. If you mean any EXTRA buttons, they can be mapped to anything. I got the two extra buttons on my mouse mapped to the F5, F6, F7 and F8 keys, and the right button mapped to the spectrum eq, plus the scroll button can be clicked and it serves as a delete / open/close browser. Pretty handy! :)

• Information