what do you want (not need) added in v11?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
guitfnky

02 Dec 2018

assume Props gives you everything you “need” in the next major update (i.e. all the stuff we’ve been talking about for the past year—for most of us, those are sequencer, mixer updates, and the like)... after all that, what would be nice to have—frosting? stuff that wouldn’t necessarily impact your purchase decision.

I think it would be awesome if they added a few new mixing and mastering tools; particularly emulations of hardware that don’t really exist in the rack currently, outside of VSTs. a good, tweakable Props studio tape emulation...maybe do their own version of the LA-2A, now that the cakewalk one has been discontinued...a new EQ or compressor emulation...an updated mastering suite (even if they just reskinned the ugly things)...
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Mr. Watts

02 Dec 2018

I can’t say there is anything that I necessarily need. At this point Reason is such a capable daw that most if not all feature requests are more of a desire than a necessity. With that said, I probably won’t upgrade to 11 unless a few of my requests are included in the upgrade such as: 32 bit vst support, all Recycle features included in slice edit mode (mainly the sensitivity knob), Midi note slides (such as in FLStudio), mix channel folders or groups, and an improvement in Reason performance. Some other things such as different console options for mixer channels and master bus, updated combinator and other Reason devices, and new Reason devices would be nice but at this point I’ve got so many plugins and RE’s that I’m more concerned with workflow and performance improvements.

guitfnky

02 Dec 2018

Mr. Watts wrote:
02 Dec 2018
I can’t say there is anything that I necessarily need. At this point Reason is such a capable daw that most if not all feature requests are more of a desire than a necessity. With that said, I probably won’t upgrade to 11 unless a few of my requests are included in the upgrade such as: 32 bit vst support, all Recycle features included in slice edit mode (mainly the sensitivity knob), Midi note slides (such as in FLStudio), mix channel folders or groups, and an improvement in Reason performance. Some other things such as different console options for mixer channels and master bus, updated combinator and other Reason devices, and new Reason devices would be nice but at this point I’ve got so many plugins and RE’s that I’m more concerned with workflow and performance improvements.
I should’ve worded that better... 🙃 probably should have said something like “assume they’ll give you everything you need to decide to upgrade”.

I’m in the same boat, more or less. it does everything I need it to, and I’ve got enough REs/plugins to keep busy for a very long time, but workflow and performance are the must-haves, at this point.

mashers

02 Dec 2018

Making it work properly with the Apple Magic Mouse would be great.

antic604

02 Dec 2018

Track folders! Really, past certain point projects become really difficult to manage, so some form of reducing their visual complexity would be incredibly welcome.

aeox
Competition Winner

02 Dec 2018

I really can't think of anything... hmmm.

Maybe update the SDK to allow more creative use of GUI similar to what people are doing with VST.

Focus on listening to the dev communities wants/needs to improve the SDK. (I don't think Reason would still be around if it wasn't for them)

chimp_spanner

02 Dec 2018

My number one request, if we're doing flights of fancy is....and I've asked for this a BILLION times....Propellerhead's own modular synth system. Maybe a rack inside the rack, with vertical Eurorack style modules, or bring back the half rack format. Simple, single function devices with audio modulation sockets. That would be SO cool.

guitfnky

02 Dec 2018

I’d love to see some more half rack stuff, too. love that form factor. how cool would it be if they allowed RE devs to create half rack devices? a half-rack version of Softube’s Saturation Knob would be priority one! 😆

dioxide

02 Dec 2018

guitfnky wrote:
02 Dec 2018
a half-rack version of Softube’s Saturation Knob would be priority one! 😆
Or perhaps it could be made the same rack height as Thor. That knob is difficult to see on small monitors for those of us over 40.

Bes
Competition Winner

02 Dec 2018

remember the tutorial section props introduced in 10.2? i reckon they turn that into a music theory section with examples that can be drag and dropped straight into the sequencer. maybe info on chords, common progressions and song structure. possibly with some current interesting music science and musicology academic type stuff about tempo and frequencies etc
- Certified Reason expert

jam-s

03 Dec 2018

Something I would not deem a necessity but that would be a nice cherry on the cake would be the option to have different selectable console emulations with saturation and crosstalk modelling in the mixer.

guitfnky

03 Dec 2018

that would be incredible. I might eventually grab Waves’ NLS plug-in for that sort of thing, at some point, but to have it natively, built into the mixer would be amazing.

Oquasec

03 Dec 2018

It needs to be different from Reason 10 if it's gonna be Reason 11 :)
Anything they can think of to add in, they should implement it.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Loque

03 Dec 2018

I am pretty bored of repeating "my wants" all again and again, but since i now got my ghost-view on tracks, i have one of the biggest issues solved. Beside this, i want those the most actually:
* Performance
* PDC everywhere
* Let me save that freacking Combinator or device patch with a freaking sample, god damn it!
* automation-curves
* Better handling of clips (audio, midi) in the sequencer. at best let me inline edit
* bigger Combinator (sigh....)
* Yea, ofc "freeze" would be awesome
* Grouping in sequencer, mixer and rack
* Database for samples, Refills, Devices with tagging
* No more content, i am drowning already. If you want to do something, increase mod-slot number for Europa, Grain, more CV also for the Players, Make the SSL comp (or the other devices) as a single device, more modulation source/dest for Europa and Grain

And sometimes if i am dreaming, i want that modular thing going the next level. Let me easily hook up a polyphonic oscillator, filter, and and and...and let ME decide, where the limits are
Last edited by Loque on 05 Dec 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

03 Dec 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
02 Dec 2018
My number one request, if we're doing flights of fancy is....and I've asked for this a BILLION times....Propellerhead's own modular synth system. Maybe a rack inside the rack, with vertical Eurorack style modules, or bring back the half rack format. Simple, single function devices with audio modulation sockets. That would be SO cool.
This is quite the great idea.
Reason is a modular ecosystem. And it would be great to see the props make a new sdk they allowed for virtual cables on the front. I think it would really boost reasons popularity amongst the euro rack community as well as people who like VCV.
It’s a smart idea for a few reasons the obvious reason being that it’s just a fun concept. It would probably save time on the developers side as well. If we had the basic architecture for the amp, envelopes, filter and other main features of a modular. Developers would only need to make a single component. As opposed to an entire synth, more than likely that would mean we’d see stuff at a faster rate (if all went well).

I vote this idea because it follows reasons philosophy of interconnection
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

scratchnsnifff

03 Dec 2018

If I had to say what I wanted and not needed. Automation curves come to mind.

But lately I think it would be cool to see a better drag and drop system for reasons drag and drop modulation

The way in which NI massive does it is so much better imo. After a long session. It hurts my hand click and hold multiple times. I don’t use massive much, but the way that it clicks and saves the source until you drop it is much more efficient to my experience

Also the second biggest want is to see knobs with modulation have actual motion. Or even better, have a ring with a moving dot, similar to how serum, massive, and bitwig do it.

I can’t stand not having that visual representation for modulation. It just makes everything seem more advanced :) definitely a bell and whistle type of request

scratchnsnifff

03 Dec 2018

dioxide wrote:
02 Dec 2018
guitfnky wrote:
02 Dec 2018
a half-rack version of Softube’s Saturation Knob would be priority one! 😆
Or perhaps it could be made the same rack height as Thor. That knob is difficult to see on small monitors for those of us over 40.
Am I getting this right? You want a single function device the size of Thor XD haha

Something the exact height, but with a huge honking distortion knob in the middle

Nathanbar

03 Dec 2018

I think it would be awesome to have multi-track audio quantize, to help keep phase relationships between multi-mic'd instruments. Multi-lane pitch time editing to be able to correct harmonies and timing of doubled tracks, track freeze, and a drum replacement rack extension. (I know it can be done now with crazy routing etc, but it would be nice to have that as a rack device that you could just drop in on a channel).

two shoes

04 Dec 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
03 Dec 2018
Also the second biggest want is to see knobs with modulation have actual motion. Or even better, have a ring with a moving dot, similar to how serum, massive, and bitwig do it.

I can’t stand not having that visual representation for modulation. It just makes everything seem more advanced :) definitely a bell and whistle type of request
Yeah me too. I was sorely disappointed when I realized cv modulated controls weren't animated. It's such a simple thing but it would add so much to the user experience. The rack is already so visually engaging it just seems like a missed opportunity not to do this. But muh DSP meter... but muh slow performance.... yeah yeah so make it optional.

aeox
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2018

two shoes wrote:
04 Dec 2018
scratchnsnifff wrote:
03 Dec 2018

Yeah me too. I was sorely disappointed when I realized cv modulated controls weren't animated. It's such a simple thing but it would add so much to the user experience. The rack is already so visually engaging it just seems like a missed opportunity not to do this. But muh DSP meter... but muh slow performance.... yeah yeah so make it optional.
Strangely enough, it does if you route through combi :D

rgdaniel

04 Dec 2018

aeox wrote:
04 Dec 2018
Strangely enough, it does if you route through combi :D
Right, I always do it through the combi, just to watch those knobs sway back and forth...

jam-s

04 Dec 2018

two shoes wrote:
04 Dec 2018
scratchnsnifff wrote:
03 Dec 2018

Actually that's the right way to do it, as CV modulating a parameter is something different than to automate it (CV modules the control around the position set by the knob/slider and on some devices can go below or above the range the knob/slider can go. Thus if you use the combinator to move a control you're rather automating and not CV modulating the parameter.
If a visual feedback would have to be implemented (which would break immersion and skeuomorphism) one could think of a coloured dot/clock hand to display the current value.

hurricane
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2018

I want this, but i don't NEED it because I use a workaround, and it's ok - but VST3 and/or Audio Unit support. I'd like to use Halion and OPX PRO II without a wrapper please.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

kuhliloach

04 Dec 2018

Video support. (And I agree with the above comments about Euro rack / half rack stuff - it seems only natural that Reason would, at this point, capitalize on its modular roots and become the ultimate modular DAW on the market.)

bossa
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2018

Yes, Video support. Give us a real customiziation of keyboardshortcuts for ALL commands.

• Information