Categorize by Type or by RE name

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
C//AZM

26 Nov 2018

This has probably been mentioned before...might've been by me but;

I would like for Props to give us an option to categorize devices by type, or RE name rather than by company. I'm looking for a compressor, or synth, I don't know or care about the company's name. I never go "is that by Blamsoft or Papen?"
All I know is that I want the Antidote and Zero synths and I shouldn't have to guess which company created which. I guess for some, that's a good category method, but I always end up scrolling through several Company names...

Quick, who makes the Megasaur?
If you're like me, you haven't a clue, nor do you care, even though i've used it several dozen times. I should just be able to look for M.
Then there's Propellerhead and Reason as two companies... HUH? I know why they're categorized like that, but I don't think of the Radical Piano and Kong to be made by two separate companies.
Do you?

I need the "Coloring EQ" I should be able to look through a category named "EQ" or "Equalizer" rather than looking for Giles, and cussing again and again because I know it's by Giles and I don't see Giles anywhere...WTF? WHERE IS THAT COLORING EQ??
We could also have Dynamics, and Samplers, Synths, drum machines, Guitar REs...

Is it just me?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2018

I agree this is annoying.

That's why nowadays I always use the "Favorite list" function. You should too if you don't.

Then you can make your own categories: Compressors, Synths, EQs etc.
This has made things so much better.

Creativemind

04 Dec 2018

C//AZM wrote:
26 Nov 2018
I need the "Coloring EQ" I should be able to look through a category named "EQ" or "Equalizer" rather than looking for Giles, and cussing again and again because I know it's by Giles and I don't see Giles anywhere...WTF? WHERE IS THAT COLORING EQ??
That's 'cause it's by Selig. :)

I think an option in the Preferences would be good though to select your way or the way it is now. When I've installed a free VST it can be annoying when you don't remember the company when the company is an obscure one. With you there.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

-008'

04 Dec 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
26 Nov 2018

That's why nowadays I always use the "Favorite list" function. You should too if you don't.

+1 that is what i do too. it's the only option we've currently got and it's the best way IMO! Since you are in total control of what devices actually make the list.

Hmmm Do i need to work on my category names or nah?

:lol:
Attachments
allinaname.png
allinaname.png (37.52 KiB) Viewed 869 times
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

esselfortium

04 Dec 2018

Favorites lists are nice, but I really want to be able to customize the menus like I can with the browser lists.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

C//AZM

05 Dec 2018

Creativemind wrote:
04 Dec 2018
C//AZM wrote:
26 Nov 2018

I think an option in the Preferences would be good though to select your way or the way it is now. When I've installed a free VST it can be annoying when you don't remember the company when the company is an obscure one. With you there.
LOL yeah I was being silly. But it can happen just like that. Sorry props, but I don't care about the name of the company when i'm hot composing.

C//AZM

05 Dec 2018

-008' wrote:
04 Dec 2018
TritoneAddiction wrote:
26 Nov 2018

+1 that is what i do too. it's the only option we've currently got and it's the best way IMO! Since you are in total control of what devices actually make the list.

Hmmm Do i need to work on my category names or nah?

:lol:
Those category names are highly personal thus they're perfect!

Creativemind

05 Dec 2018

C//AZM wrote:
05 Dec 2018
Creativemind wrote:
04 Dec 2018

LOL yeah I was being silly. But it can happen just like that. Sorry props, but I don't care about the name of the company when i'm hot composing.
Does teach people to remember the company names though and not be lazy. Like learning your times tables. :lol:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

selig
RE Developer

05 Dec 2018

+1 here too - never understood why not just use the same categories they already use for the FSB patches in the browser. Even suggested it a few times, to no avail. :(
Selig Audio, LLC

timbuk295

12 Dec 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:I agree this is annoying.

Agree that this is a way to do it and a good way, but it takes _time_. If all you want is sorting by a certain criteria, computers are good at that and will be much faster than humans and not make mistakes.

I really think it should be a feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Information