Announcing Quad Note Generator

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Hydrosonic

04 Dec 2018

antic604 wrote:
04 Dec 2018
Hydrosonic wrote:
04 Dec 2018
Christmas Turkey
Is this a thing? I thought it's a Thanksgiving tradition? :o

Also, behave. No one forces you to buy it :P
In the UK we eat Turkey for Christmas, yes its a thing. And no I won't be buying it. I don't like the new business model of PH, no intro offers etc.

EdGrip

04 Dec 2018

I mean, obviously it'll be on sale in a year or two. I dunno if "not having an intro price on this thing immediately after Black Friday and before Christmas" counts as a new business model.

Glad to see LP and Props collaborating!

pothole

04 Dec 2018

i think there should be an intro price too ... bog standard at this stage ;)

Melody303

04 Dec 2018

Awesome to see a collaboration between Props and Lectric Panda.

@ Mattias, there's a shortage of the aforementioned acid bass lines in the video. :p
Please add it to the rent-to-own options, oh and please add Vecto to that model too. I wrote to Rob Papen asking them to offer it that way, but their response made it seem like it's not up to them. :)

@ Lectric Panda, I know the device is all about generating mostly-musical controlled-randomness, but how come there's none of your lovely Dice buttons. No meta-randomness? :D
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

Loque

04 Dec 2018

rcbuse wrote:
04 Dec 2018
Woooo yea! Nice to see it released. Nice video and awesome manual!
Nice work and awesome device :thumbs_up:

Thanks to PH too :thumbs_up:

PS: I am pretty sure, who forced the CV outs here :-P
Reason12, Win10

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

04 Dec 2018

Melody303 wrote:
04 Dec 2018
@ Mattias, there's a shortage of the aforementioned acid bass lines in the video. :p
There's a patch included though! :)

scratchnsnifff

04 Dec 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
04 Dec 2018
MrFigg wrote:
04 Dec 2018
Watching the video I thought hmm just another arpeggiator. Then I thought hmm just another matrix. Then for every second that passed I thought woah!!!!! Cool cool cool. Gotta get. Like now!!! Looks totally brilliant. :):):).
Thanks for that! It's a device that really grows on you too. When you start getting familiar with the controls, it can make all kinds of cool stuff and you feel more and more in control. :ugeek:
But I think we all must ask ourselves, just how fast will this player take you to pluck town
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

sonicbyte

04 Dec 2018

Nice, it looks really promising... Great work !

scratchnsnifff

04 Dec 2018

This definitely reminds me of some of the eurorack stuff Iv been looking at.

I hope PH collaborations become more of a thing :) very cool idea all the way around

And antic, is there a cleaner GUI in the videos? I can’t say that I noticed, I could be wrong.

Sure would be cool if they redid the ecosystem with modern graphics
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

sdst
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2018

good to see one REs to do this easy, I do something similar with 20 Res and a complicated routing. :)

Creativemind

04 Dec 2018

rcbuse wrote:
04 Dec 2018
Woooo yea! Nice to see it released. Nice video and awesome manual!
I was just about to ask "is there a manual?" and you spurred me on to a look more in the Prop Shop. Found it.

For those that may be struggling to find it....go to Quad Note Generator's page in the Prop Shop, down the bottom it has Product Website, click that and the PDF link for the manual is way down the bottom, keep scrolling. :)

Just trialling this Player now, let's see what it can come up with.

First thing I noticed is the Note Length parameter is in % (I would have thought it would have been in a time measurement or you could tempo sync it so it can then be set to 1/4 note, 1/8th note's etc) and is there a way to set all notes on all rows to the same length without doing it manually?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

antic604

04 Dec 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
04 Dec 2018
And antic, is there a cleaner GUI in the videos? I can’t say that I noticed, I could be wrong.
Definitely! Open them in separate browser tabs & click to zoom - tell me you can't see the difference?

EDIT: Although notice how the YT version doesn't have the preset picker, so it's likely some kind of RE development environment... Still, the tech is there, all REs have hi-res assets in place so it's really up to Props to prioritise it.
Last edited by antic604 on 04 Dec 2018, edited 1 time in total.

seqoi

04 Dec 2018

I am gobsmacked!!! Truly amazed!

I dreamed about such device. I just saw video and said to myself wow this certainly have that Lectric Panda "feel" to it, only to find here that this guy was in development!

Thank you PH and Lpanda this is amazing gift (for that price it is a creativity gift imho)

Wooowww so good

antic604

04 Dec 2018

One thing that's only slightly hinted at in the video, is that it can act like a Chord Track in Cubase or Studio One!

Put the QNG on its own MIDI track, hook it up to 4 other instruments to generate bass line, arpeggio (via Dual Arpeggio), chords (via Scales & Chords) and melody on the fly. Start pressing notes on the MIDI keyboard (or draw them in sequencer) and the whole structure will follow adhering to the specified key & scale. Add to that automation of QNG's global or per-line parameters, so that the patterns get wider, denser or more expressive in time! :o

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2018

Put it in the Rewards section...

... :) :) :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

04 Dec 2018

Eno would be proud.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Zac

04 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:
04 Dec 2018
Put it in the Rewards section...

... :) :) :)
That would really hurt since mine timed out :(

But yes, that would be an excellent xmas present to all of you.

Creativemind

04 Dec 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
04 Dec 2018
Melody303 wrote:
04 Dec 2018
There's a patch included though! :)
If there is It's not labelled acid bass line as I couldn't see one.

Creativemind

04 Dec 2018

antic604 wrote:
04 Dec 2018
One thing that's only slightly hinted at in the video, is that it can act like a Chord Track in Cubase or Studio One!

Put the QNG on its own MIDI track, hook it up to 4 other instruments to generate bass line, arpeggio (via Dual Arpeggio), chords (via Scales & Chords) and melody on the fly. Start pressing notes on the MIDI keyboard (or draw them in sequencer) and the whole structure will follow adhering to the specified key & scale. Add to that automation of QNG's global or per-line parameters, so that the patterns get wider, denser or more expressive in time! :o
Was gonna ask Mattias if there may be a video tutorial on this but perhaps you should do one showing us all what you just described?

selig
RE Developer

04 Dec 2018

The video doesn't go further than showing using this for hi hats, but it's quite fun for generating entire drum kits. Just restrict each part to a single note (or a few notes if you want open/closed hats or tom fills), turn off the Scale feature, and generate endless drum breaks or evolving beats for layering on top of static primary beats and more!
Selig Audio, LLC

BananaSkins

04 Dec 2018

Good work guys. :thumbs_up:
Put it in the Rewards Section Please... :puf_wink:

antic604

04 Dec 2018

Creativemind wrote:
04 Dec 2018
antic604 wrote:
04 Dec 2018

Was gonna ask Mattias if there may be a video tutorial on this but perhaps you should do one showing us all what you just described?
I actually plan to do it this evening, if time (and wife...) allows :D

Creativemind

04 Dec 2018

antic604 wrote:
04 Dec 2018
Creativemind wrote:
04 Dec 2018

I actually plan to do it this evening, if time (and wife...) allows :D
Fantastic. I just tried to do what you described with zero success.

mmm

04 Dec 2018

antic604 wrote:
04 Dec 2018

BTW, @Props please release your stuff by the end of the day. I'm sitting here at work trying to do stuff, but I can't because I'm stupidly excited about the creative possibilities of this device! :D
Yep, it´ll be such a long day now..... ;)

Mode7

04 Dec 2018

Seems to be cool but 69€ is way too expensive.

• Information