Relapse by AirRaid Audio

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
antic604

04 Dec 2018

Strangely enough I couldn't find a topic about it, so here it is!

I'm not sure how I overlooked it, because it's exactly the type of creative FX I love and it's EUR19 in current sale, also available in a Triad bundle with multi-band panner and distortion at EUR57!
Relapse is an innovative take on the traditional tape-delay concept. It offers three fully-featured delay modules, per-band frequency-shifters, tape saturators, and multimode filters. Add to this our now standard collection of neutral cross-overs, stereo LFOs, envelope followers and M/S mixing, and the possibilities become endless.

Relapse is not just a delay device—it is a bona fide chaos designer.

https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... and-delay/

Loque

04 Dec 2018

I have them since a while and i rarely touched it. I am was just wondering why, and gave them a spin and i realized why i touched them so rarely: The patches suck and i have problems to get into the GUI workflow. The patches might be bad in my experiences, because multiband stuff is very specific to the sound.

Beside that, the devices are good, but today i want to have more visual feedback, that means a FFT and the split-zones. But since i own Multipass from khs i have all i need. The only thing which is missing, that khs opens a audio_out<->audio_in routing in between.
Reason12, Win10

antic604

04 Dec 2018

Loque wrote:
04 Dec 2018
I have them since a while and i rarely touched it...
Hmm, that's interesting. I was ready to just buy it without trying but I might give it a run first, indeed. I thought the GUI was quite clear and logically laid out actually, with lots of interesting options and possibilities, especially the Envelope & LFO modules. Also the sound examples sounded very good, to me at least.

Anyway, is there any other similar RE you could recommend? I have kHs' The Works VST bundle, but I've disabled VSTs while working in Reason - and it feels great! - so would prefer a native device. What's your opinion of Spectre from the same developer? Or GrainShift and Sabotage from Turn2On?

MannequinRaces

04 Dec 2018

This RE can get crazy! Love it. My favorite creative delay.

Loque

04 Dec 2018

antic604 wrote:
04 Dec 2018
Loque wrote:
04 Dec 2018
Hmm, that's interesting. I was ready to just buy it without trying but I might give it a run first, indeed. I thought the GUI was quite clear and logically laid out actually, with lots of interesting options and possibilities, especially the Envelope & LFO modules. Also the sound examples sounded very good, to me at least.

Anyway, is there any other similar RE you could recommend? I have kHs' The Works VST bundle, but I've disabled VSTs while working in Reason - and it feels great! - so would prefer a native device. What's your opinion of Spectre from the same developer? Or GrainShift and Sabotage from Turn2On?
I am not warm with Spectre, but others seem to like it.

I don't have Grainshift and did not tested yet.

Sabotage is quite interesting, but it has no breakouts, so you are limited to the onboard fx, well, atm, since turn2on thought about adding a breakout, nothing promised.

AirRaid has a quite nice frequency splitter which you should check out and it's free.

Seligs Coloring EQ has separate outs which might be interesting. 4dyn and a few others can band split to.

With the splitters you can create your own multiband fx. But I think you already realized that this can be time consuming. Good patches would help here, so check out the AirRaid Multiband stuff if it works for you.
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

04 Dec 2018

antic604 wrote:
04 Dec 2018
Loque wrote:
04 Dec 2018

Dude air raid audio!!!!

Such amazing products. Their modular bundle has some of the best sounding effects imo. The distort not only has a pre eq, but also has a envelope follower. The chorus isn’t just a chorus, but also an ensemble and can be set to a static mode. For metallic percussion type hits. Or riddim sounds. The phaser has the option of band pass or notch, and when used subtlety, you can get well desired results

I like air raid audios multiband distortion but with minimal settings.

The presets for spectre are great but to use them alongside a dry signal for end of the loop style effects, you have to automate not only the dry wet, but also the bypass/on/off switch
Spectre introduces latency no matter what. It’s just how it works, but spectre is a must have. G delay is basically the g delay from max for live. So if you like granular delay sounds than it’s great. I use it to spice up percussion loops at the end of a phrase usually.

Distillery is used as an easy beat repeater. But that also has a host of tricks up its sleeve with the pitch and envelope settings if you get distillery be sure to right click it and create a note lane specific to distillery, it won’t work by putting in a combinator and by playing the combinator it’s the same workflow as when you have to play reasons vocoder
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Faastwalker

04 Dec 2018

I saw 'Relapse' in the initial post & thought, 'wow! that looks interesting'. When I went to the shop page I had already tried it! Don't remember it at all so maybe it wasn't as interesting for me as it looks. I love some of the AirRaid stuff though. In particular Spectre & Distillery & great fun for sound mangling & mashing. I think I bought the Chaotix bundle that includes both. I have some of the 'Elements' RE's as well. They are nice as well.

https://shop.propellerheads.com/product_bundle/chaotix/

MannequinRaces

04 Dec 2018

Perhaps it was user error on my part but I couldn’t get enough varied sounds out of Spectre. Distillery is a MUST OWN RE.

scratchnsnifff

05 Dec 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
04 Dec 2018
Perhaps it was user error on my part but I couldn’t get enough varied sounds out of Spectre. Distillery is a MUST OWN RE.
I have found that spectral delay sounds are pure insanity. The key to spectre is to draw your delay and feedback and mess with the settings on the bottom

as mentioned before I like to use it as a full device. Like at the end of a 8 bar loop or right before a drop

I don’t ever use it during normal parts because of the latency, even having the mix to 0% produces latency, so say you have a percussion loop, all of your percussion hits will sound like they are playing out of sync

I should try this device on a atmosphere or texture some time

Also the air raid G delay cascade presets work great for filler automation as well.
I truely hope to see more out of air raid audio I want them to make a synth :D that would be insane
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information