personalize loop on DR.Octo Rex Loop Player

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chunlane

03 Dec 2018

Hello!
I need you help again :lol:
I would like to know if it's possible to personalize loop on DR octo rex loop player
In drum file
electronic drum file
beyer lekebusch file
bottom loop number 2

We hear ""tss tss tss tss"" especially when I slow down file. It seems to be a cymbal and I want to delete it or reduce this sound
it is possible?
Thank you so much for helping! :)
Camille

boesOne

03 Dec 2018

Yes, you can edit the loop in slice edit mode. For example: you can lower the volume of the slices you don't like.

chunlane

03 Dec 2018

Thank you for your answer!!!! =)! I don't know how to proceed. Sorry I'm a noob, can you explain it to me?

boesOne

03 Dec 2018

http://docs.propellerheads.se/reason10/ ... 30.08.html
^^
this might help.
In short: Active slice edit mode. Select Level and lower the volume of the slices you don't want to hear.

chunlane

03 Dec 2018

Thank you again for helping me!
My english sucks but I think that I understand the tutorial. We can play with differents parameters of every slices of the loop but my last question is " Is it possible to delete one of intrument in this loop?"
If it is possible someone can send me a reason file with this loop without tsss tss tss? I get it, I'm batch xD
Pleeeeease please please!
My email is
camillegineste@gmail com
I try again and again but still hear tss tss tss tss it makes me crazy x)
Thank you =)
Camille

Mr. Watts

03 Dec 2018

No way to take an instrument or sound out of a sample. Your options are to do what boesone suggested, use a low pass filter or eq, and/or soften the attack of the sample. I’m assuming that the tss’s your referring to are on the downbeat. You could also do some surgery on the sample itself and find another hit within the drum beat to replace it with.

Mr. Watts

03 Dec 2018

So I just checked out the Rex Loop and I’ve successfully eliminated most of the tss sound by using a low pass filter. Most of the loop is low end anyway other than the cymbal/hihat thing. It is still slightly audible but after adding more sounds you should be good.

Mr. Watts

03 Dec 2018

Cutoff at about 1.8 kHz using Magmasonic Classic Filter (low pass) when transpose is at 0 on Dr. Rex. Turn up the spice knob a bit and this loop is bumpin.

Creativemind

03 Dec 2018

Which Beyer Lekebusch loop is it?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

chunlane

06 Dec 2018

ooooow thank you so much! it woooooooooooorks!!!
Thank you thank you thank you! =) =) =) =) =)

• Information