Is there a RE similar to GrossBeat (found in FL Studio)?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
GRB

03 Dec 2018

I recall using Grossbeat a while ago in FL Studio, is there something like that for Reason?

Thanks!
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

Mr. Watts

03 Dec 2018

Unfortunately not, I was looking for an RE like gross beat a while back as well. Would be a great idea for a rack extension though. I have since bought Cableguys TimeShaper which comes with a free version of HalfTime as well as Melda MRhythmizer which I was able to get on sale during Black Friday. MRhythmizer is like a gross beat clone while Timeshaper is kind of a different approach to achieving similar results. For Half speed effects you could always download the fully functional demo of Half Time (only 1 instance can be open at a time and values aren’t saved unless automation lanes are created for parameters) for free and buy Buffre Beat Repeater for the glitch and tape stop effects. But honestly I would highly recommend just getting either MRhythmizer ($60) or Timeshaper/HalfTime bundle ($44).

turn2on
RE Developer

03 Dec 2018

Not test grossBest, but look at Murder RhythmCutter
https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... thmcutter/

• New rhytms in 8 steps per Beat, Synced to Tempo
• Gater, Pitcher, Repeater, Reverser, Filter, Hybrid
• 8 steps per Beat, 8 FX per step

Oquasec

04 Dec 2018

Gross beat does Tapestop/Stutter/Trigger/Reverse so that should be easy to do without it.
There's 5+ RE also.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

GRB

04 Dec 2018

Here's what I've found:

Installed Cableguys Shapertools ($99), that's Timeshaper ($44) with more tools for Volumen, Filter, Pan and Width) and started browsing through an endless list of presets that you can edit, save, and assing to MIDI notes once you buy it... they are AMAZING!

My goal is to modify the voice of a local old song (it has no drums or bass, just a drone-guitar and a voice singing in a kind of trance-meditation mood), rythmically triggering some audio parts to make the voice part of the new arrange and thus hoppefully bringing that song into this century. At the same time adding some Indian percussion and sounds (tabla, sitar, dholak) bought "Sound of India" a few years ago which is plenty of those sounds. At least is what I pretend to do, of course it can go terribly wrong :)

The result is that I've been enjoying and playing with ShaperTools for hours, even finding new musical ideas! I've got almost the exact kind of sound I wanted in the first place and more! That is having a background of unintelligible words that you can almost recognize where it came from, but not exactly. You can also apply up to three different patterns based on a range of frequencies, if you want you can use one curve for all freqs or any combination of, one curve for low end, another for mid-range and another one for hi-end, all this visually in a preview window that you can solo and see in realtime how it affects the sound... that's really smart!)

It is in fact IMHO way better than GrossBeat for what I want to do (chopping voice phrases that you can visually edit with nice bezier curves)

I will test later today Murder RhythmCutter RE $15, BeatChop RE $69 and Melda MRythmizer VST $60 which looks very promising, it uses 6 bands if you need it and has a nice GUI, besides Melda has proven to make fine plugins. Though decision to make but it will be fun (also tested Baffre but it does partially what I want to do).

Thanks for all the suggestions!
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

antic604

04 Dec 2018

Well, if you're open to VSTs, then also have a look at Stutter Edit, Glitch2, Tantra, Effectrix, The Works from kiloHearts, etc.

Most of them had a much, MUCH better prices on Black Friday & Cyber Monday/Week, so you're a bit late... :(

Reasonable man

04 Dec 2018

I 2nd murder rhythm cutter. It does what alot of what (i think) more expensive vst's on the market do (that i admittedily havn't bothered to trial!).
It took me a little while to work out the step divisions . Basicaly the less steps ; the faster rythmn cutter will cyle through the grid so moving from 4 steps down to 2 steps will half the cylce time it takes to run through the grid . Once you suss that its easy to program and of course you can attach lfo's and such like to the beat division/steps around the back as Hydelide demonstrated in his tutorial.
I tried it with RND and it does help create fantastic gated/repitched /reversed randomness that can can get quite beatifull if you futher attach a scales and chord and a twin Arp on top of your synth . Also very handy for gating reverb . I used to have to attach a compressor to the rv7 and then use the matrix curve in a combi to gate the output level ...this this does it in seconds. Very usefull device.

• Information