6 new REs from Noise Engineering!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

25 Nov 2018

tiker01 wrote:
25 Nov 2018
Loque wrote:
25 Nov 2018
Ok, i am done so far. Please note, that kick and snare is from the old SB1 bundle. Fx wise there isnt anything fancy, so the sounds come mostly from the SB2 devices itself. Pretty weird sounds came out of the Vereors.
Hi,

If this is an entry for the SB2 Song Challenge repost it here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7509713

THX
Naahh, i bought it already and using the old SB1 breaks the rules anyway.
Reason12, Win10

PhillipOrdonez

25 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
25 Nov 2018
Ok, i am done so far. Please note, that kick and snare is from the old SB1 bundle. Fx wise there isnt anything fancy, so the sounds come mostly from the SB2 devices itself. Pretty weird sounds came out of the Vereors.
Yeah, that is pushing the devices to the limits. Will you enter the challenge?

MannequinRaces

25 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
25 Nov 2018
Sounds awesome! Nice job.

Faastwalker

28 Nov 2018

Have the Synth Bundles prices dropped? Synth Bundle 1 is $55 & 2 $85. I thought 2 was more prior to the Black Friday sales;

https://shop.propellerheads.com/product ... -bundle-2/

polysix

28 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
25 Nov 2018
Hi Loque, what a great Track! Can you post some details how you run the Noise-e extensions ?

Loque

28 Nov 2018

polysix wrote:
28 Nov 2018
Loque wrote:
25 Nov 2018
Hi Loque, what a great Track! Can you post some details how you run the Noise-e extensions ?
I mostly do the following:
* Randomly put a NE device in my rack
* press a few buttons, turn some knobs until i like it so far
* flip the rack, add a Lolth, connect the Envelope-Out to Lolth
* Try different CV-ins with the Envelope out and adjust parameters on the backside
* Add a LFO and mixe it eventually with the Envelope or a Note (catched via a RPG8) in a Miranda and try several connection of the NE RE. Adjust values to taste. Maybe modulate them even further
* Lag-Settings are your friend for SH or random stepped LFOs (Pulsar and ZFO2 have them)
* Try modulating the modulators (LFO->LFO_Rate)
* Maybe add more envelopes for shaping. I like to use a Europa for that, which comes with 4 Envelops which need to be routed to CV out and picked from the backside
* Use the Delay from Lolth and Miranda for special tasts

Try different values, combinations, mixes of the CVs. Try adding a few FX, i like The Echo short times for metallic sounds - do not forget to adjust the other parameters of The Echo. Its often nice to modulate those parameters.

For going further, try RM, FM, AM, Delays, Reverbs, heavy EQ and filtering (modulated), rarely saturation, add any kind of lovely glitchy device.

Now you have a basic sound. Go on, play something you like, and add automation for taste - dont be a softy, Noise Engineering Devices wants it hard!
Reason12, Win10

KirkMarkarian

28 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
28 Nov 2018
polysix wrote:
28 Nov 2018

* Try different CV-ins with the Envelope out and adjust parameters on the backside
* Add a LFO and mixe it eventually with the Envelope or a Note (catched via a RPG8) in a Miranda and try several connection of the NE RE. Adjust values to taste. Maybe modulate them even further
* Lag-Settings are your friend for SH or random stepped LFOs (Pulsar and ZFO2 have them)
* Maybe add more envelopes for shaping. I like to use a Europa for that, which comes with 4 Envelops which need to be routed to CV out and picked from the backside

Try different values, combinations, mixes of the CVs. Try adding a few FX, i like The Echo short times for metallic sounds - do not forget to adjust the other parameters of The Echo. Its often nice to modulate those parameters.

For going further, try RM, FM, AM, Delays, Reverbs, heavy EQ and filtering (modulated), rarely saturation, add any kind of lovely glitchy device.

Now you have a basic sound. Go on, play something you like, and add automation for taste - dont be a softy, Noise Engineering Devices wants it hard!
Great track, Loque! and yeah, these modules take well to all sorts of modulation. Their sound alone is raw, beautiful, like a freshly gesso'd canvas - take it whatever direction you want.

NoiseEng
RE Developer

28 Nov 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
28 Nov 2018
Have the Synth Bundles prices dropped? Synth Bundle 1 is $55 & 2 $85. I thought 2 was more prior to the Black Friday sales;

https://shop.propellerheads.com/product ... -bundle-2/
Nope, apparently PH put them in as part of the Cyberweek sale too (News to us, but still more time to get in on good pricing on the bundles!).
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

artotaku

28 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
25 Nov 2018
Pretty cool stuff. Somehow, parts of it reminded me of Depeche Mode´s Blasphemous Rumours.

Faastwalker

28 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
28 Nov 2018
polysix wrote:
28 Nov 2018

Awesome! You should do a video ;)

antic604

29 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
21 Nov 2018
Guys, if you were to pick 2-3 of the new devices, which ones would those be?

I've not received my discount from SB1 yet, but I'm kinda glad I didn't because then I'd feel obliged to get all of them & I'm not really sure I need all of them...
Finally got my code & bought the bundle yesterday! :o
After all the batch (that I didn't get the code...) they deserve at least this :D

polysix

29 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
28 Nov 2018
polysix wrote:
28 Nov 2018

Wow ! Thanks a lot for this detaild few in your work ! At the weakend i will run some modulation stuff with this rack extensions !!!

Loque

30 Nov 2018

Since a few asked, i just made a new random patch and put all that stuff in i told. And you know what? I really was struggling to share it, because "i luv dat sh!t" So with a crying eye, here is the patch. Now automate some stuff of the fast The Echo (like the delay time or feedback) and the sond is done.
i luv dat.zip
(7.26 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Reason12, Win10

childofsaturn

30 Nov 2018

What are the criteria for being eligible for the Noise Engineering Synth Bundle 2 promo code?
I am an owner of Synth Bundle 1, but I'm not sure if I would have needed to be an owner prior to Synth Bundle 2's release.

Does anyone know? I apologize if I missed any info already detailing this.

Loque

30 Nov 2018

childofsaturn wrote:
30 Nov 2018
What are the criteria for being eligible for the Noise Engineering Synth Bundle 2 promo code?
I am an owner of Synth Bundle 1, but I'm not sure if I would have needed to be an owner prior to Synth Bundle 2's release.

Guess you needed to be an owner before the promo. It was a one time promo AFAIK.
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

30 Nov 2018

childofsaturn wrote:
30 Nov 2018

haha I hope not! because being in the same position as you I would have to buy it and I have no money left :cry:

VariableX

30 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
30 Nov 2018
Since a few asked, i just made a new random patch and put all that stuff in i told. And you know what? I really was struggling to share it, because "i luv dat sh!t" So with a crying eye, here is the patch. Now automate some stuff of the fast The Echo (like the delay time or feedback) and the sond is done.
i luv dat.zip
very kind! I will check this out for sure :)

VariableX

30 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
30 Nov 2018
i luv dat.zip
Newbie Question'- If I drop a synth over the placeholder(s) for the NE bundle 2 synths that I don''t own in your combinator, will all the wiring still be correct?
Ok tried this by dropping in NE bundle 1 synths and thought yeah this makes the synth sound better but i'll never understand whats going on and I still don't, then I wondered what the matrix was for as it seemed to do nothing.... so I followed the cables right back up to the combinator and they go in the gate in and cv in then I noticed the run pattern devices button and POW!

Now I understand why you found it hard to share this! Great stuff! Makes me realise i'm such a Newb :oops:

Loque

01 Dec 2018

fretshot7 wrote:
30 Nov 2018
Newbie Question'- If I drop a synth over the placeholder(s) for the NE bundle 2 synths that I don''t own in your combinator, will all the wiring still be correct?
Ok tried this by dropping in NE bundle 1 synths and thought yeah this makes the synth sound better but i'll never understand whats going on and I still don't, then I wondered what the matrix was for as it seemed to do nothing.... so I followed the cables right back up to the combinator and they go in the gate in and cv in then I noticed the run pattern devices button and POW!

Now I understand why you found it hard to share this! Great stuff! Makes me realise i'm such a Newb :oops:
Sadly the back wiring will get lost.

I said this works on all NE devices :-D
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

01 Dec 2018

Loque wrote:
01 Dec 2018
fretshot7 wrote:
30 Nov 2018

so it didnt get lost because I used NE bundle 1 devices to replace your NE bundle 2 devices?

Loque

01 Dec 2018

fretshot7 wrote:
01 Dec 2018
Loque wrote:
01 Dec 2018

so it didnt get lost because I used NE bundle 1 devices to replace your NE bundle 2 devices?
Yea, SB1 is enough and slightly better imo. It just lacks better Sustain control. The results are different from all devices, but do you really need that difference?

The best thing at NE devices is, they force you to work different. Just look at my patch. This would require a mod matrix with dozens of slots and the results are sometimes unpredictable and its very fast to hook up such a patch. It think it feels very modular to work with NE devices. I will try this with different synths the next time, but they often have small nod matrix or lack of CV controls, so i need to work around this and this sucks.
Reason12, Win10

childofsaturn

04 Dec 2018

Loque wrote:
25 Nov 2018
tiker01 wrote:
25 Nov 2018

Hi,

If this is an entry for the SB2 Song Challenge repost it here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7509713

THX
I think drum samples are fine to use in the contest, if I understand correctly. If you only used SB1 for percussive sounds, couldn't you sample them and trigger them in something like Kong?

Loque

04 Dec 2018

childofsaturn wrote:
04 Dec 2018
Loque wrote:
25 Nov 2018

I think drum samples are fine to use in the contest, if I understand correctly. If you only used SB1 for percussive sounds, couldn't you sample them and trigger them in something like Kong?
The kick and snare came from a synth other than SB2. And in the end, nothing to win for me.
Reason12, Win10

antic604

27 Dec 2018

So, how is everybody feeling about SB#2 a 1.5 months after release?

I'm pretty disappointed... The SB#1 was (and still is) great, because it was so different, fresh and new, but the 6 new modules in SB#2 are somehow hard to distinguish and feel like "longer" versions of the SB#1. I wish I spent that money on something else that I'm actually compelled to use, like Zero, Umpf or used that towards full purchase of Complex-1 :( It's really the 1st time I'd like to re-sell the RE license, but can't...

EDIT: just listened to competition entries and it's maybe me who can't use them :D

craven

27 Dec 2018

antic604 wrote:
27 Dec 2018
So, how is everybody feeling about SB#2 a 1.5 months after release?
EDIT: just listened to competition entries and it's maybe me who can't use them :D
You are not alone, I also find it tough to get great sounds out of the box, but with modulation it can get very interesting. Keep trying and you'll get your money's worth hopefully. (I also find the devices very similar and boy are they difficult to tell apart :)
:ugeek:

• Information