10.2.1 has dropped.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
LarsK

27 Nov 2018

moneykube wrote:
27 Nov 2018
I have legend and antidote as racks... how does one also get a vst from them? Just had a quick look through their site and I did not see where one might go to achieve this.
Antidote doesn't come as an RE - however, when I briefly switched entirely from Reason to Live, I wrote their support, and got a good deal on Dune 2.
Same with Legend, simply write their support and explain you have the RE, and ask kindly for the VST. :)

/Lars

Zac

27 Nov 2018

Zac wrote:
26 Nov 2018
I wonder if these two issues are related...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7509823

I get similar scrolling knobs but in my vst pictures. I haven’t updated yet.
I just updated to 10.2.1 to see if it solved my Vst pictures issue... see link to full explanation above... and it didn't.

So i dutifully reopened every Vst with the image problem and retook the Snapshot picture....

Reopened Reason and the pictures are back to being messed up.

I can't be sure but it mainly seems to affect Vsts that have some modulation/movement of parameters in the initial patch.

I'm just hoping that any fix to the issue chimp_spanner pointed out fixes my vst snapshot image problem too. It is a major issue for me. Makes choosing device by image unusable really due to all the scrolling due to the repeated knobs.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

27 Nov 2018

Wow, we definitely didn't see this during testing! We'll look into this ASAP. Could anyone with this problem please write down with which REs it happens, what OS you're on etc.

Zac

27 Nov 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
27 Nov 2018
Wow, we definitely didn't see this during testing! We'll look into this ASAP. Could anyone with this problem please write down with which REs it happens, what OS you're on etc.
Edit: these results aren't always reproducible, i.e. i could create Audiomatic last try but still not Selig Leveler or Deesser... Weird things are happening!

I've just tried these in this order with these results (R10.2.1 on Windows 10):

Selig Coloring Eq ... No issues
Selig Gain ... as above
Selig Deesser ... cannot even create device by drag and drop or by "create" or via any menu
Selig Leveler
... same as above

I moved onto Reason devices...

Older ones... no issues
Audiomatic ... cannot even create device by drag and drop or by "create" or via any menu
Softube Amp... as above

I got too scared to continue after that ;)
Last edited by Zac on 27 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

27 Nov 2018

Zac wrote:
27 Nov 2018
MattiasHG wrote:
27 Nov 2018

I've just tried these in this order with these results (R10.2.1 on Windows 10):

Selig Coloring Eq ... No issues
Selig Gain ... as above
Selig Deesser ... cannot even create device by drag and drop or by "create" or via any menu
Selig Leveler
... same as above

I moved onto Reason devices...

Older ones... no issues
Audiomatic ... cannot even create device by drag and drop or by "create" or via any menu
Softube Amp... as above

I got too scared to continue after that ;)
:o :shock:
Reason12, Win10

Libraquaricorn

27 Nov 2018

I have the same problem with The Legend and also with my D16 REs:

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I'm on Windows 10....64 Bit

Studio67

27 Nov 2018

Just updated to 10.2.1, found a new bug!

For Reason users with external gear:
The metronome is out of sync!

Are there more users with this problem?
1) In the Sync settings (output Offset i adjusted the timing)
2) Recorded the Snare drum from a external drummachine into a audio file
3) the Snare drum Wave file is perfect on the timeline grid
4) Put the metronome (Click) on and it's out off sync (offbeat)

eusti

27 Nov 2018

Studio67 wrote:
27 Nov 2018
Just updated to 10.2.1, found a new bug!

For Reason users with external gear:
The metronome is out of sync!

Are there more users with this problem?
1) In the Sync settings (output Offset i adjusted the timing)
2) Recorded the Snare drum from a external drummachine into a audio file
3) the Snare drum Wave file is perfect on the timeline grid
4) Put the metronome (Click) on and it's out off sync (offbeat)
Operating system? PC / Mac? Which version?

D.

Studio67

27 Nov 2018

This is my system:
-iMac i7 5K
-High Sierra 10.13.6
-Focusrite 18i8 with adat extension (16 channels)
-Kenton Thru-5 to 5 external clock sync devices

Using a Reason template file (i made this template file for al external hardware)
Tonight i will post a video!

eusti

27 Nov 2018

Studio67 wrote:
27 Nov 2018
This is my system:
-iMac i7 5K
-High Sierra 10.13.6
-Focusrite 18i8 with adat extension (16 channels)
-Kenton Thru-5 to 5 external clock sync devices

Using a Reason template file (i made this template file for al external hardware)
Tonight i will post a video!
Thanks! I'm sure that this info will help the Props out!

D.

chimp_spanner

27 Nov 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
27 Nov 2018
Yeah I submitted a support ticket with all the right info. Any chance we can get a rollback until the update is updated with another update? :lol: I’ve got some Legend heavy projects atm and it’s really weird working with them.

*Edit: D16 plugins also exhibiting the same behaviour.
Last edited by chimp_spanner on 27 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Deep Schulzz

27 Nov 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
27 Nov 2018
I’ve got some Legend heavy projects atm and it’s really weird working with them.
The same here - strangest bug ever :lol:
My system:
Win 10 64 bit; 6x Core i7-8700K HT, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 , 16 GB RAM

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2018

Well I haven't upgraded and just now, for the first time ever, I got a "Reason has stopped working in Windows" message. I had just synced all my REs so don't know if that had anything to do with it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Studio67

27 Nov 2018

I am also working on some projects, please Prop's rollback....
And i always need to callibrate the sync settings with each update (lot of work)

miscend

27 Nov 2018

I'm getting the glitch with the knobs as well. Quite frankly it freaks me out. Guess I'll have to downgrade.

chimp_spanner

27 Nov 2018

miscend wrote:
27 Nov 2018
I'm getting the glitch with the knobs as well. Quite frankly it freaks me out. Guess I'll have to downgrade.
Is it possible to? I can't find anything older than 10.2.1 on the downloads page.

miscend

27 Nov 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
27 Nov 2018
miscend wrote:
27 Nov 2018
Is it possible to? I can't find anything older than 10.2.1 on the downloads page.
Get it here

https://www.propellerheads.com/download/reason1011
Last edited by miscend on 27 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.

miscend

27 Nov 2018

For reference here's a page with links to all prior releases of Reason

https://www.propellerheads.com/en/reason/updates

chimp_spanner

27 Nov 2018

miscend wrote:
27 Nov 2018
chimp_spanner wrote:
27 Nov 2018

Get it here

https://www.propellerheads.com/download/reason1011
Ah yeah sorry I thought you meant it was possible to do a smaller rollback, to 10.2. I can't remember what was different between 10.1 and 10.2 that I needed. But I'll sit tight for a fix and if it takes a while, at least there's an option!

*Edit: wait 10.2 is the multi lane edit update right? I think I need that :lol: I'll just have to put up with the bugged interfaces until they get fixed!

michal22

27 Nov 2018

Libraquaricorn wrote:
27 Nov 2018
I have the same problem with The Legend and also with my D16 REs:

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I'm on Windows 10....64 Bit
I have an identical problem.
Windows 10 home x64 1803.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

moneykube

27 Nov 2018

LarsK wrote:
27 Nov 2018
moneykube wrote:
27 Nov 2018
I have legend and antidote as racks... how does one also get a vst from them? Just had a quick look through their site and I did not see where one might go to achieve this.
Antidote doesn't come as an RE - however, when I briefly switched entirely from Reason to Live, I wrote their support, and got a good deal on Dune 2.
Same with Legend, simply write their support and explain you have the RE, and ask kindly for the VST. :)

/Lars
thanx Lars... will do :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

27 Nov 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
27 Nov 2018
MattiasHG wrote:
27 Nov 2018

Yeah I submitted a support ticket with all the right info. Any chance we can get a rollback until the update is updated with another update? :lol: I’ve got some Legend heavy projects atm and it’s really weird working with them.
We're looking into it right now, have found the problem and are working to fix. You can always manually roll back if you want, here's a link to 10.2.0: http://cdn.propellerheads.se/Reason10/Reason_1020.zip

Note that this is only on Windows.

madmacman

27 Nov 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
27 Nov 2018
chimp_spanner wrote:
27 Nov 2018

We're looking into it right now, have found the problem and are working to fix. You can always manually roll back if you want, here: https://www.propellerheads.com/en/reason/updates
Since the latest minor (10.2) is not listed on that page, here's the direct link:

https://www.propellerheads.com/download/reason102

But thanks to Mattias for the link - I always forget (should finally set a bookmark NOW :lol: )

guitfnky

27 Nov 2018

I'm getting a bug where the playhead returns to 0:00 position when you cancel recording pre-roll by hitting the space bar (i.e. pre-count is on, hit record...hit space bar before the pre-count finishes and recording starts). can anyone else recreate this, or is it just me?
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

esselfortium

27 Nov 2018

I'm glad Propellerhead has finally tossed a bone to their longtime fans who've waited years for a followup to the Subtractor's removable screws. Now you can unscrew any knob you want :puf_smile:
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

• Information