Best Waves Plug-Ins?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Creativemind

22 Nov 2018

Hi All!

I am leaning very much towards getting the Waves S1 Stereo Imager (watched some videos and it's very good) and Waves have currently got a 'spend $50 and get a $29 plug-in free' so I'm thinking of getting the S1 Stereo Imager for $29 and the Scheps Omni Channel for $29 and then I'll get another plug-in free. Anyone got the Scheps Omni Channel and tell me how good it is and where they've used it?

What's else then is good to get for $29 or less then from Waves?

How does the CLA-2A Compressor compare to the Cakewalk version?

I suppose I must think "What do I need?" and I suppose a Multiband Compressor, a good Delay or a good Filter spring to mind. Decisions decisions.

Also how does Waves fair in Reason. Think I read recently on this site that Waves crashes Reason 10 or is very CPU intensive? these issues with the new update looming, should hopefully be fixed if they need to be though.

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

guitfnky

22 Nov 2018

Creativemind wrote:
22 Nov 2018
Hi All!

I am leaning very much towards getting the Waves S1 Stereo Imager (watched some videos and it's very good) and Waves have currently got a 'spend $50 and get a $29 plug-in free' so I'm thinking of getting the S1 Stereo Imager for $29 and the Scheps Omni Channel for $29 and then I'll get another plug-in free. Anyone got the Scheps Omni Channel and tell me how good it is and where they've used it?

What's else then is good to get for $29 or less then from Waves?

How does the CLA-2A Compressor compare to the Cakewalk version?

I suppose I must think "What do I need?" and I suppose a Multiband Compressor, a good Delay or a good Filter spring to mind. Decisions decisions.

Also how does Waves fair in Reason. Think I read recently on this site that Waves crashes Reason 10 or is very CPU intensive? these issues with the new update looming, should hopefully be fixed if they need to be though.

Thanks!
the Waves stuff seems to work just fine in Reason (for me, at least—haven’t encountered any crashes). they don’t seem necessarily CPU intensive, but not light either, I guess. I have the Redd Abbey Road channel, which sounds amazing. the Vitamin sonic enhancer is awesome for sculpting sounds.

there are a bunch of others that I’m really interested in, but I really ought to spend that money on Christmas presents for family, instead. :lol:
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

imjacksmusicalego

23 Nov 2018

Definitely get the CLA-2A compressor. It's probably one of Waves' best known plugin.

I like the H-Delay as well.

If you don't already have a de-esser, I recommend Waves' DeEsser too (FabFilter's Pro-DS is arguably better though)

dvdrtldg

24 Nov 2018

Scheps Omni Channel is fantastic, just a great workhorse and very versatile

If you're after something with a more vintage feel (and more limited options), then TG 12345 is excellent too

H-Delay is great, saturates nicely and can sound very dubby/analogue

Everything works fine in Reason for me, and the CPU hit varies - some are shocking (Abbey Road Plates Reverb for example), while some are fine

Ahornberg

24 Nov 2018

Scheps Omni Channel is great!
It gives you different styles of saturation, EQ, gate, compressors and bass enhancement.
It can do mid-side processing.
You can rearrange the order of the modules and turn them on/off separately.

Low Air is an easy way to pump up the low end and to add saturation.

GW Mix Centric helps you polishing up you mixes.

Abbey Road Vinyl gives you the best vintage craclings I ever heard and a great variable turtable stop!

Torque lets you tune single drum sounds inside drum loops in an easy way.

DonnieAlan

25 Nov 2018

dvdrtldg wrote:
24 Nov 2018
Scheps Omni Channel is fantastic, just a great workhorse and very versatile
If you had to pick just one, this would be the one, in my book.

Having said that, Waves are among the best of the pro-level plugins. Which one is "best" depends on what the user needs in their set-up. I own several of the Waves plugs, and use them all (though not all at once, of course). They are all quite good and worth buying.

I often wait for special sale prices on ones I want. I'm at the point now, though, where I really don't need any new plugins from Waves, or any others for that matter. I'll always consider new VI's of course. But processing/fx plugs, I've got in plenty. If I can't get good sound with what I already own, the fault is ME not the plugins. I want to maximize what I already own instead of just buying the latest thing.

• Information