How to test new headphones (correctly working)?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
RobC

22 Nov 2018

Sinewave sweep to check responding frequencies and balanced stereo image.

What about dynamics, distortion?

Any other?

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2018

Music?

RobC

22 Nov 2018

aeox wrote:
22 Nov 2018
Music?
If only it would be that simple.

My current headphones for example, have some dead frequencies in higher regions on either left or right side. Although it's most likely the result of usage, and perhaps an occasional damaging overdrive, in case of new ones, I want to make sure that nothing is faulty. Especially around this time.

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2018

RobC wrote:
22 Nov 2018
aeox wrote:
22 Nov 2018
Music?

My current headphones for example, have some dead frequencies in higher regions on either left or right side. Although it's most likely the result of usage, and perhaps an occasional damaging overdrive, in case of new ones, I want to make sure that nothing is faulty. Especially around this time.
Have you not received your new headphones yet?

RobC

22 Nov 2018

aeox wrote:
22 Nov 2018
RobC wrote:
22 Nov 2018

Have you not received your new headphones yet?
Not yet. I gotta be prepared though, cause I only have a few days to test that everything is alright. Usually we have a 3 day return policy here.

• Information