6 new REs from Noise Engineering!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
eusti

15 Nov 2018

NoiseEng wrote:
15 Nov 2018
@ Eusti -- thanks for posting this, whether or not you opt to grab the second bundle. I'm happy to know that the vouchers have gone out! (Please at least play with the second bundle because I really liked your submission in the Song Challenge!)
Thank you! I have to say, I enjoyed that song too! And that was a nice thing to say... That makes me want to support you guys more now...
Dang, I guess I'm not immune to flattery after all! ;)

D.

joeyluck

15 Nov 2018

I would love to see a Rack Extension from Noise Engineering in a similar style as Red Rock's Launchbox.

Would be cool to have something more Eurorack style, using Eurorack devices in the Reason rack ;)
Could be something using the devices that have been released, or incorporating a few of them with some other new devices...

Of course, it would be an all-in-one, since Reason lacks the ability for developers to have flexibility for such add-ons. But could be pretty cool and you could have each bundle available as a separate one. And probably the easiest way to handle CV would be to just have a slew of user assignable CVs on the back.

If Reason ever incorporates a Eurorack style loader/wrapper for the Reason Rack...where RE developers can create REs that will load as such...and could have them available for regular/Eurorack view (similar to creating a folded view), that would be cool.

KirkMarkarian

15 Nov 2018

ravisoni wrote:
15 Nov 2018
PS: Kirk, that's one hell of an album. Nicely done!
@ravisoni - Thank you very much! Once I got a mix I could live with, working with these modules within those constraints really led to a lot of rapid production. These are so much fun to make tracks with, and to reiterate, there is no other module that sounds like 'em. Yeah, one could make sounds similar to them, but they will still retain a character that's all their own. For me, the ease of use and individual character really brings these modules into a different light.

antic604

15 Nov 2018

ravisoni wrote:
15 Nov 2018
After having bought the synth rig and not having done a single thing with any of them, I called it chapter closed on buying more synths. If anyone looking at the bundle thinks it's $30 too expensive, please PM me. (Or you could wait for BF).
I'm not sure what you mean, but you can't sell REs...

eusti

15 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
15 Nov 2018
ravisoni wrote:
15 Nov 2018
After having bought the synth rig and not having done a single thing with any of them, I called it chapter closed on buying more synths. If anyone looking at the bundle thinks it's $30 too expensive, please PM me. (Or you could wait for BF).
He's offering his voucher, I think.

D.

antic604

15 Nov 2018

eusti wrote:
15 Nov 2018
antic604 wrote:
15 Nov 2018

He's offering his voucher, I think.

D.
Oh! So it's EUR139? I've not received mine yet... :(

eusti

15 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
15 Nov 2018
Oh! So it's EUR139? I've not received mine yet... :(
Yup. Sorry. Might want to wait a bit and then contact Prop support.

D.

antic604

15 Nov 2018

I hate this time of the year... This at EUR139 is tempting, but then I can also get V Collection 6 at EUR199 which gives me 20+ synths, 6k presets and much wider sound palette...

Choices, choices... :(

eusti

15 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
15 Nov 2018
I hate this time of the year... This at EUR139 is tempting, but then I can also get V Collection 6 at EUR199 which gives me 20+ synths, 6k presets and much wider sound palette...

Do you have any Arturia synths already? I only found the collection for 250...

D.

antic604

15 Nov 2018

eusti wrote:
15 Nov 2018
antic604 wrote:
15 Nov 2018

D.
Yeah, it's a cross-grade from Analog Lab 3 which I got with a MIDI controller.

eusti

15 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
15 Nov 2018
eusti wrote:
15 Nov 2018

D.
Yeah, it's a cross-grade from Analog Lab 3 which I got with a MIDI controller.
Ah, ok! Sounds like a good deal! :)

(Constantly asking myself if I really need more synths...) :P

D.

Auryn

15 Nov 2018

As much as I like the idea of these and the design, I really feel that if the developers are heading in a more polysynth-focused direction (which these new devices seem to indicate) they should consider including a small (or expandable?) mod matrix of some sort. All these quirky parameters are just begging to have some kind of velocity/keytracking or an auxiliary envelope applied to them when used polyphonically. You can do it via the back CV-ins but that only works for monophonic sounds, which sort of defeats the purpose of having these be polyphonic. In the previous bundle there was more of a focus on the synths being for percussive, special fx type sounds, so it didn't matter as much IMHO. But seeing all these polyphonic synths it seems a waste not to take more advantage of the possibilities of software! (vs the hardware units which I assume are monophonic)

I'll probably end up getting these anyway but I hope the developers are willing to consider it
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Faastwalker

15 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
15 Nov 2018

......... plus Black Friday is just around the corner. So it's almost time for emptying your bank account & fighting strangers for wide screen televisions again. Hooray!

Libraquaricorn

16 Nov 2018

Hmmmm, no voucher yet.... Is it just me or are others still waiting too?

emasters

16 Nov 2018

Libraquaricorn wrote:
16 Nov 2018
Got mine yesterday directly from Propellerhead.

NoiseEng
RE Developer

16 Nov 2018

Libraquaricorn wrote:
16 Nov 2018
I checked with PH and they told me that vouchers should have gone out. If you did not get one, or if you purchased all three but not as the bundle, please contact PH support directly and they will get you sorted out.
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

Libraquaricorn

16 Nov 2018

NoiseEng wrote:
16 Nov 2018
Libraquaricorn wrote:
16 Nov 2018
I checked with PH and they told me that vouchers should have gone out. If you did not get one, or if you purchased all three but not as the bundle, please contact PH support directly and they will get you sorted out.
I bought the bundle for 69€ on the 16th of May, so I guess I need to contact the Props. Thank you for your reply, NoiseEng, and for the awesome devices you guys have made for Reason.

kungubu

17 Nov 2018

Libraquaricorn wrote:
16 Nov 2018
NoiseEng wrote:
16 Nov 2018

I bought the bundle for 69€ on the 16th of May, so I guess I need to contact the Props. Thank you for your reply, NoiseEng, and for the awesome devices you guys have made for Reason.
Haven't got my voucher either.

Libraquaricorn

17 Nov 2018

kungubu wrote:
17 Nov 2018
Libraquaricorn wrote:
16 Nov 2018

Haven't got my voucher either.
Just contact their support via the Propellerheads site and I'm sure they will sort us out after the weekend.

Crumbfort

20 Nov 2018

So it looks like I bought the three parts of synth bundle one individually when it came out (having trouble remembering) and it shows synth bundle one as not purchased for me in the prop shop. Does this disqualify me from getting a voucher? No big deal either way as I will certainly be picking up synth bundle 2 regardless, just curious!
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

NoiseEng
RE Developer

20 Nov 2018

Crumbfort wrote:
20 Nov 2018
So it looks like I bought the three parts of synth bundle one individually when it came out (having trouble remembering) and it shows synth bundle one as not purchased for me in the prop shop. Does this disqualify me from getting a voucher? No big deal either way as I will certainly be picking up synth bundle 2 regardless, just curious!
Contact PH support. I asked them about this directly and you will not automatically be contacted because you don't show as having bought the bundle in their system. You're not the only one this applies to, so anyone else in this situation, please drop PH a note and they will get you sorted out.

Or buy during the Black Friday sale :)
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

Crumbfort

20 Nov 2018

NoiseEng wrote:
20 Nov 2018
Crumbfort wrote:
20 Nov 2018
Contact PH support. I asked them about this directly and you will not automatically be contacted because you don't show as having bought the bundle in their system. You're not the only one this applies to, so anyone else in this situation, please drop PH a note and they will get you sorted out.

Thanks for the quick reply! Hah, yeah I'm thinking the Black Friday sale will be plenty good, will certainly snatch it up then :puf_bigsmile:
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

Libraquaricorn

20 Nov 2018

Props-support came back to me today with an enclosed discount code for Bundle 2, so all is well. It did take two work days though...

I know for a fact that I did buy Synth Bundle 1 as a bundle, but the products did show up on my receipt individually, although the sum total is the discounted bundle price, so I think something must have gone wrong in the Prop shop during the transaction. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I trialed the products first, and maybe downloaded the trials individually.....I don't know, but it does not matter because the Props fixed it.

Me happy :D

emasters

21 Nov 2018

NoiseEng wrote:
20 Nov 2018

Question for Noise Engineering - to confirm, the individual products in Synth Bundle 2 have BF discounts and the bundle price remains at $169? Just want to make sure the bundle was not also supposed to be discounted for BF, before purchasing. From your message above, it sounded like one could use the PH $30 discount code or purchase at the BF price. For buying individual products, the BF prices looks great. With the bundle, still better to use the PH $30 discount code (which is appreciated).

antic604

21 Nov 2018

Guys, if you were to pick 2-3 of the new devices, which ones would those be?

I've not received my discount from SB1 yet, but I'm kinda glad I didn't because then I'd feel obliged to get all of them & I'm not really sure I need all of them...

• Information