6 new REs from Noise Engineering!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
antic604

13 Nov 2018

Their website still says:
Special pricing for owners of SB1!

...so I'm waiting for e-mail :)

moneykube

13 Nov 2018

not interested at all,,, v=bad sound, distortion , and everything sounds the same imo
Last edited by moneykube on 13 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

KirkMarkarian

13 Nov 2018

Libraquaricorn wrote:
13 Nov 2018

Nice album, good job!

And the 169 for the bundle is totally reasonable for the unique, high quality devices included in it. I think the special offer for synth bundle 1 owners will surface soon....
Thank you! It really is an affordable way to get into advanced modular synthesis with a unique sound. As much as I enjoy Parsec and Europa and a bunch of other synths, I simply cannot emulate the "sound" of these, nor the behavior. They're definitely one-of-a-kind.

KirkMarkarian

13 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
13 Nov 2018
KirkMarkarian wrote:
13 Nov 2018
Here's an album I made with all of the modules:

Well, ain't that something! :o :thumbs_up:
Thank you!

moneykube

13 Nov 2018

crackles?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

antic604

13 Nov 2018

KirkMarkarian wrote:
13 Nov 2018
Thank you!
Just please tell me you didn't do this today in last 4h since the devices were available in the shop :oops:

a0020 sticks out the most - really great!

However, $7 for roughly 15 minutes of music is a bit much :D

KirkMarkarian

13 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
13 Nov 2018
KirkMarkarian wrote:
13 Nov 2018
Thank you!
Just please tell me you didn't do this today in last 4h since the devices were available in the shop :oops:

a0020 sticks out the most - really great!

However, $7 for roughly 15 minutes of music is a bit much :D
I did most of it in the last week and a half - part of it comes from taking the time to make templates, and work within the confines. I was/am a page layout graphic designer for the past 17 years, so the methodology kinda stuck with me. Find a "sound", make that a template, build instruments to work within those parameters. Learn something new from it, rinse, adjust, repeat.

As for my pricing, $0.50 a track is pretty cheap for the amount of work I put into it. I don't believe anybody will ever buy what I make anyway, so what's the difference? I mean, here in the US, you can't much more than a gum ball for $0.50. A packet of ramen costs something like $0.39. If somebody can't afford $7.00, well, tough shit :D

two shoes

13 Nov 2018

not even going to bother demoing these at this price. three of the devices seem like they should have been updates to their existing REs and the other three seem like $10-15 oddball noisemaker things rather than "synths" in the usual sense.

even if i was way into eurorack hw and the glitchy noisey stuff that eurorack enthusiasts seem to mostly produce i'd still scoff at this price. to put it in perspective, i can buy three little noise machines and some "experimental" functionality for devices i already own.... for $169. or i could buy one of the most powerful and versatile softsynths on the market (expanse) at full price and save $20. lots of people seem excited about these so to each their own i guess, but personally when i see prices like this i am much less likely to purchase anything from that dev in the future regardless of price or quality.

here's to the developers who produce quality plugins for reasonable prices and resist the temptation to put asinine prices on their devices just because they see others doing it.

Faastwalker

13 Nov 2018

The Synth Bundle 1 was an insta-buy. I think I'll demo these first though. $234 (AUS) for all of these is a decent saving. But I'd like to take them for a spin first. Do I need / want them all? I'm not as convinced as with the first bundle. Maybe 6 devices at once, 5 of which appear to be very similar (at least on initial impressions), is a big ask for many. I'm sure with deeper investigation the qualities of each device would become clear. I'm certainly going to investigate further. But it looks like, from people's initial reactions, that Synth Bundle 2 has not set people's world on fire in quite the same way Synth Bundle 1 did. That's a shame because having Noise engineering on board making Rack Extensions is amazing. Just playing devil's advocate here but I think It would have been better to release another 3 devices (rather than 6) and price the new bundle the same as the first one. I think people would have been more receptive to the new bundle this way.

antic604

13 Nov 2018

two shoes wrote:
13 Nov 2018
to put it in perspective, i can buy three little noise machines and some "experimental" functionality for devices i already own.... for $169. or i could buy one of the most powerful and versatile softsynths on the market (expanse) at full price and save $20
That's a very valid point. On the other hands it's really difficult to quickly achieve similar effects in other synths, simply because they are wired and set up differently. Here even a tiny twist of the knob might change the sound dramatically, which can be both a pro and a con...

Still waiting for additional discount promised to SB1 owners and I'll make up my mind then.

BRIGGS

13 Nov 2018

No monophonic re-trigger?

It's only mono legato. :|
r11s

EnochLight

13 Nov 2018

KirkMarkarian wrote:
13 Nov 2018

I just wanted to chime in and say that this alone has put these on my buy radar. Really well done, man! This totally reminds me of old school late 90's/early 2000's era Warp Records stuff (a bit of Autechre, a bit of Seefeel, Boards of Canada even). It's also made me consider pairing these with something like Panda's PSQ-1684/Alien Seed's KRON or similar - devices I'd never even considered buying before.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Faastwalker

13 Nov 2018

EnochLight wrote:
13 Nov 2018
KirkMarkarian wrote:
13 Nov 2018

I just wanted to chime in and say that this alone has put these on my buy radar. Really well done, man! This totally reminds me of old school late 90's/early 2000's era Warp Records stuff (a bit of Autechre, a bit of Seefeel, Boards of Canada even).
I agree. I love this era of Electronica & this is certainly evocative of the period.

Really good stuff & a fantastic demo of these devices. Nice work ;)

KirkMarkarian

13 Nov 2018

EnochLight wrote:
13 Nov 2018
I just wanted to chime in and say that this alone has put these on my buy radar. Really well done, man! This totally reminds me of old school late 90's/early 2000's era Warp Records stuff (a bit of Autechre, a bit of Seefeel, Boards of Canada even). It's also made me consider pairing these with something like Panda's PSQ-1684/Alien Seed's KRON or similar - devices I'd never even considered buying before.
Well, thanks a ton for the nice compliment! Glad to be able to highlight some of the things these modules can do. For me, KRON and Kompulsion are really where most of the modulation power comes from. KRON is a beast, and when it starts to modulate itself, then it really throws some neat CV out there. Kompulsion went ahead and took Korde and Propulsion and put them in one device (for sequencing). One other thing I use, lightly, is the BuffRE Beat Repeater. I have all of the beat repeating devices, and that one works the best for me. I can get the results I want quicker using that one.

KirkMarkarian

13 Nov 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
13 Nov 2018
I agree. I love this era of Electronica & this is certainly evocative of the period.

Really good stuff & a fantastic demo of these devices. Nice work ;)
Thank you! I am happy to have modules now that provide me sounds that I'm always trying to recreate. Noise Engineering Modules work very well for my requirements.

NoiseEng
RE Developer

13 Nov 2018

Holy moly y'all. I had no idea there was this much discussion for so long about the new Synth Bundle! Forgive us for not chiming in sooner. I'm so happy lots of you are excited about these. We had so much fun making them. And hey, if you're not, it's cool. There are so many great REs in the PH Shop. Best wishes finding one that does make you happy! Or maybe one day, we can seduce you with one of our products :)

Couple of things:
- The tonality is really quite different in SB2 relative to SB1. Three of the synths are similar in core function to SB1 but the VCA/envelope section make these a completely different beast. The other three are totally new. If the videos don't convince you, take a tour yourself on the free trial! But since we knew there'd be a perceived overlap, we are working with PH to do that discount.
- And on that...there have been a couple of miscommunications in this release between us and PH. There's no blame here -- things just got missed. Unfortunately, we're in California, so that means that by the time I get to my computer, they've gone for the day so any issues have a roughly 24-hour turnaround time. Rest assured we hear you and we're working with the wonderful people at PH to solve issues!
- Two words: Black Friday. Ahem. Cough.
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

polysix

14 Nov 2018

Thanks a lot for this great plugins. There are worth every penny. The sb2 are verry nice and different from sb1. Both are great. On the first look verry small but behind them there have a Big sound creation for enaugh Experiments in a long future. hope there come more noise-es stuff in future!

geronimo

14 Nov 2018

Multiple [Run].cmb.zip
(33.14 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
A small example ...

kefkekeyser

14 Nov 2018

NoiseEng wrote:
13 Nov 2018
Holy moly y'all. I had no idea there was this much discussion for so long about the new Synth Bundle! Forgive us for not chiming in sooner. I'm so happy lots of you are excited about these. We had so much fun making them. And hey, if you're not, it's cool. There are so many great REs in the PH Shop. Best wishes finding one that does make you happy! Or maybe one day, we can seduce you with one of our products :)

Couple of things:
- The tonality is really quite different in SB2 relative to SB1. Three of the synths are similar in core function to SB1 but the VCA/envelope section make these a completely different beast. The other three are totally new. If the videos don't convince you, take a tour yourself on the free trial! But since we knew there'd be a perceived overlap, we are working with PH to do that discount.
- And on that...there have been a couple of miscommunications in this release between us and PH. There's no blame here -- things just got missed. Unfortunately, we're in California, so that means that by the time I get to my computer, they've gone for the day so any issues have a roughly 24-hour turnaround time. Rest assured we hear you and we're working with the wonderful people at PH to solve issues!
- Two words: Black Friday. Ahem. Cough.
What's that "Special pricing for owners of SB1! " that's on your website. I own SB1, will I get some kind of reduction code for the PH shop to gent SB2 at a lower price?

antic604

14 Nov 2018

kefkekeyser wrote:
14 Nov 2018
What's that "Special pricing for owners of SB1! " that's on your website. I own SB1, will I get some kind of reduction code for the PH shop to gent SB2 at a lower price?
Yes. I was told (via Messenger) they're working on it.

aeox
Competition Winner

14 Nov 2018

I'm really enjoying each of the devices.

eusti

15 Nov 2018

Just got an email from the props with a voucher. I'm still not sure if I need the second bundle...

D.

geronimo

15 Nov 2018

eusti wrote:
15 Nov 2018
Just got an email from the props with a voucher. I'm still not sure if I need the second bundle...
Me too: I did well to edit the trial versions: oddly, it is the improved versions that I find the most interesting (Basimilus Iteritas Vereor, Loquelic Iteritas Vereor, Manis Iteritas Vereor) .

NoiseEng
RE Developer

15 Nov 2018

@ Eusti -- thanks for posting this, whether or not you opt to grab the second bundle. I'm happy to know that the vouchers have gone out! (Please at least play with the second bundle because I really liked your submission in the Song Challenge!)

And thanks to everyone with SB1 for your patience while we sorted this all out. PH worked hard to resolve the issue once it was identified, and I'm happy it appears to be resolved. If you're still waiting on your voucher, please give it a little bit of time, and if you don't get yours, please contact PH (I have no ability to issue these, they are entirely generated but the PH system).

Enjoy SB2. If you're unsure about it, just try it out. I think it's got a pretty different feel than SB1, and that they work pretty well together. If it suits your workflow, grab it!

Also: re: the question of different-colored LEDs: we are looking into it!
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

ravisoni

15 Nov 2018

After having bought the synth rig and not having done a single thing with any of them, I called it chapter closed on buying more synths. If anyone looking at the bundle thinks it's $30 too expensive, please PM me. (Or you could wait for BF).

PS: Kirk, that's one hell of an album. Nicely done!
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

• Information