6 new REs from Noise Engineering!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

13 Nov 2018

Hui...the price tag is quite heavy...makes 300 in total. Lets see what the bundle offers and if it is worth the prices...
Reason12, Win10

antic604

13 Nov 2018

eusti wrote:
13 Nov 2018
antic604 wrote:
13 Nov 2018
Well, check the videos I've posted few posts up - they're not that different to be honest. At least I can't hear it yet.
Yes, thanks for those!

I just think - to the casual observer - the design similarities and not distinguishing the sound examples for each RE make it hard to tell them apart. And at the projected price point (I'd guess double the price of bundle 1) it doesn't seem to be quite pressing enough to convince me at this point... I guess we'll see...

D.
I'm in a similar boat. I thought I'd get the whole Bundle 2 if it's max EUR129 but seeing the prices of individual devices (EUR265 in total) I can't see this happening... Unless there's some special offer for owners of Bundle 1.

Otherwise I'll just demo them and pick 1-2 that stand out the most.

Loque

13 Nov 2018

The Low Pass Gate in https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... as-vereor/ looks interesting. I am curious how this could behave if it would be possible to route external audio through it? The others have a VCA/LPG too. Do they all sound the same?
Reason12, Win10

antic604

13 Nov 2018

I just noticed - none of them has shadows from pitch & mod wheels. Not buying ;) :P

joeyluck

13 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
13 Nov 2018
I just noticed - none of them has shadows from pitch & mod wheels. Not buying ;) :P
:lol:

The different spacing and random placement of the wheels across the devices does kind of bug me.

antic604

13 Nov 2018

joeyluck wrote:
13 Nov 2018
antic604 wrote:
13 Nov 2018
:lol:

The different spacing and random placement of the wheels across the devices does kind of bug me.
That's how one tells them apart :P

Breach The Sky

13 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
13 Nov 2018

I'm in a similar boat. I thought I'd get the whole Bundle 2 if it's max EUR129 but seeing the prices of individual devices (EUR265 in total) I can't see this happening... Unless there's some special offer for owners of Bundle 1.

There is going to be some sort of special price for owners off bundle 1, apparently.

Faastwalker

13 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
13 Nov 2018
Unless there's some special offer for owners of Bundle 1.

I'm sure I read something about a special price for Bundle 1 owners. Anyone else seen this? Or am I dreaming things up again?!

Will have to see what the Bundle 2 price is & if there is any discount. But 5 of these 6 seem quite similar - ironically 1 initially stands out for being smaller & cheaper!

Synth Bundle 3 for some more wildly different stuff? I've not familiarized myself with the NE modules. I'm not sure what else they have out there they could make into an RE.

Breach The Sky

13 Nov 2018

You are not dreaming. ;)

Faastwalker

13 Nov 2018

Breach The Sky wrote:
13 Nov 2018
You are not dreaming. ;)
Looks like you posted your reply exactly the same time as mine! :D

Good to know I wasn't imagining things (again!! :?)

antic604

13 Nov 2018

"Funny" how Umpf bundle is at the 1st place in New Arrivals tab of the shop despite NE's synths being only added in last hour or so...

But I've beat this particular horse elsewhere, so I won't go there ;) :D

buddard
RE Developer

13 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
13 Nov 2018
"Funny" how Umpf bundle is at the 1st place in New Arrivals tab of the shop despite NE's synths being only added in last hour or so...
Yeah, I've also noticed that the first arrival slot is reserved for "VIP products" from time to time. I find this a bit annoying to be perfectly honest -- I thought that was what the "PH recommends" category was for...

Libraquaricorn

13 Nov 2018

I adore these new devices and I need them ALL! Let's hope the bundle-offer is generous.... Forget time, load the bundle in to your rack and lose yourself in the tweaking!

Here's a little recording I did after I'd tried every single one of the new devices for the very first time

angorapostfrosch

13 Nov 2018

Not listed on the PropShop front page? I can find them under Plugins and sounds and by searching for Noise Engineering, but under new arrivals they are gone... strange behavior of the shops frontpage

antic604

13 Nov 2018

Libraquaricorn wrote:
13 Nov 2018
Here's a little recording I did after I'd tried every single one of the new devices for the very first time
Very nice! Thanks for sharing :)

antic604

13 Nov 2018

angorapostfrosch wrote:
13 Nov 2018
Not listed on the PropShop front page? I can find them under Plugins and sounds and by searching for Noise Engineering, but under new arrivals they are gone... strange behavior of the shops frontpage
Hopefully they're preparing the Bundle :)

antic604

13 Nov 2018

EUR169

https://shop.propellerheads.com/product ... -bundle-2/

...and - so far, at least - the price is the same logged in or not, which means no discount for Synth Bundle 1 owners :(

KirkMarkarian

13 Nov 2018

Gotta say, I'm really digging these modules a TON! Each one is unique, if more time is spent with them. Start going wacky with the PSQ, KRON, and various other sequencers. Spent a ton of time beta-testing these REs. One major thing that all of them have is the ADSR and an adjustable curve for the ADSR. Another thing that I really ended up using a lot was the VCA/LPG and the resonance controls. Sounds nothing at all like a Moog or Korg filter (THANK YOU!!!), they provide some softer tones that move graciously with a small amount of modulation. If you need more filtering, the Prop Shop will provide.

The oscillators are based on various forms of synthesis, and are highly digital. I had to definitely spend time coaxing generalized sounds from them. With a little bit of patience, I got not only easy-going generalized sounds, but wacky off-the-wall sounds. For me, they provide some ridiculously modern sounds that simply shred. And when I took the time to get them from gentle to bizarro, I was rewarded at every turn. I feel like I've got an amazing amount of abstract sounds with meticulous control at my fingertips.

And finally, these pull incredibly low DSP. I can get something like 10 - 13 instances on my 2012 Mac Mini and pull 2 bars of DSP. That's with all the other REs I have going to process the sound further - effects and mix-down. And some of the modules are pulling polyphony. All with a very rough and ready, but beautiful sound. They don't sound anything like any other module.

For those of you that have been reading my posts, I mention Max/MSP a lot. These give me the buzzing FM and the clicks and pops. Paired with Lectric Panda and Alien Seed Tech, I have a fully modular studio that I can operate at light speed. As jealous as I am of those with the giant panels of modular synths, I'm a happy boy! I can work entirely in my dream DAW, and make music that puts a smile on my face. And I don't have to follow the herd to Ableton or Bitwig. Hot damn!

Here's an album I made with all of the modules:

Breach The Sky

13 Nov 2018

The discount for bundle 1 owners might be mailed out later, perhaps.

bik44

13 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:EUR169

...and - so far, at least - the price is the same logged in or not, which means no discount for Synth Bundle 1 owners :(
My enthusiasm has been cooled down - a bit expensive

Wysłane z mojego SM-N960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Breach The Sky

13 Nov 2018

bik44 wrote:
13 Nov 2018
antic604 wrote:EUR169

My enthusiasm has been cooled down - a bit expensive
Not for what you get with this bundle. Imo, of course.

Libraquaricorn

13 Nov 2018

KirkMarkarian wrote:
13 Nov 2018
Gotta say, I'm really digging these modules a TON! Each one is unique, if more time is spent with them. Start going wacky with the PSQ, KRON, and various other sequencers. Spent a ton of time beta-testing these REs. One major thing that all of them have is the ADSR and an adjustable curve for the ADSR. Another thing that I really ended up using a lot was the VCA/LPG and the resonance controls. Sounds nothing at all like a Moog or Korg filter (THANK YOU!!!), they provide some softer tones that move graciously with a small amount of modulation. If you need more filtering, the Prop Shop will provide.

The oscillators are based on various forms of synthesis, and are highly digital. I had to definitely spend time coaxing generalized sounds from them. With a little bit of patience, I got not only easy-going generalized sounds, but wacky off-the-wall sounds. For me, they provide some ridiculously modern sounds that simply shred. And when I took the time to get them from gentle to bizarro, I was rewarded at every turn. I feel like I've got an amazing amount of abstract sounds with meticulous control at my fingertips.

And finally, these pull incredibly low DSP. I can get something like 10 - 13 instances on my 2012 Mac Mini and pull 2 bars of DSP. That's with all the other REs I have going to process the sound further - effects and mix-down. And some of the modules are pulling polyphony. All with a very rough and ready, but beautiful sound. They don't sound anything like any other module.

For those of you that have been reading my posts, I mention Max/MSP a lot. These give me the buzzing FM and the clicks and pops. Paired with Lectric Panda and Alien Seed Tech, I have a fully modular studio that I can operate at light speed. As jealous as I am of those with the giant panels of modular synths, I'm a happy boy! I can work entirely in my dream DAW, and make music that puts a smile on my face. And I don't have to follow the herd to Ableton or Bitwig. Hot damn!

Nice album, good job!

And the 169 for the bundle is totally reasonable for the unique, high quality devices included in it. I think the special offer for synth bundle 1 owners will surface soon....

antic604

13 Nov 2018

Breach The Sky wrote:
13 Nov 2018
Is it? I've not dove deep into them yet, but - on the surface - they all do really sound similar (well, all synths do to be fair :D)

antic604

13 Nov 2018

KirkMarkarian wrote:
13 Nov 2018

Well, ain't that something! :o :thumbs_up:

Breach The Sky

13 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
13 Nov 2018
Breach The Sky wrote:
13 Nov 2018
Is it? I've not dove deep into them yet, but - on the surface - they all do really sound similar (well, all synths do to be fair :D)
Well.. to be fair I haven't either. If there is a lot off "overlap" then one might consider it expensive, tough you can say that about almost everything in the plugin world. ;) I think they sounds similar in some ways but all of them have their own character (and I do love the character).

• Information