ReFills

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Swangoddess

02 Nov 2018

It's been a while since I used Reason, used it more-so when I had the Reason 8 version, but now have the latest version, and things have changed quite a bit. If I remember correctly, there used to be a 'ReFills' folder on the left hand side, along with instruments etc, but now there is none. I could be totally wrong, so bear with me. I've owned and used the Nordic Red ReFill, and where it used to show up as a synth on the rack when I used it in the past, it now transfers over, but does not show as an instrument and does not seem to work. I've downloaded it a number of times, and have done exactly what I always did before, to no avail.
There are a number of things that do not seem to work as they used to, and I'm totally frustrated, to be honest.

Can any of you help me with any helpful info, as it would be greatly appreciated! x

Namyo85

03 Nov 2018

I still have the Reason 10.2 demo and all the usual stuff is there, instruments etc, refills, my computer etc, then the folders I created. The only folder I have called 'Refills' is one I've made along with other folders underneath the showcase shortcut. About refills: the only ones that show by default are the ones included in Reason, any 3rd party refills have to be manually dragged into the browser as a favourite as far as I'm aware.
Do you see any icons on the left of the screen? Can you do a screenshot of the browser area.

DrGOA®

03 Nov 2018

Refills are NOT instruments. They may content patches for an instruments, but they are not instruments by themselfs.
If you want to add a refill - copy the refill to the Reason folder and drag&drop it to the Showcase list.

Mr. Watts

03 Nov 2018

Hey, was it a Refill folder that you created? I don’t recall there ever being a Refill folder on the left panel that wasn’t user created. However, I have a drum folder that contains all my Kong kits in the left panel that removes itself anytime I shut down Reason and I have to replace it upon startup every time since upgrading to 10.2. Very odd since I have many folders and refills pinned in the left tab and that seems to be the only folder that gets removed upon shut down. Is this at all similar to what you are experiencing? I would suggest adding the refill folder to your left tab once more and see if it stays there among reboot of Reason. If it doesn’t then contact Props support and hopefully they can sort out this weird bug. Other than that I have not come across any feature in Reason 10 that doesn’t work as it should. If you want to explain the rest of your grievances about the upgrade, I’m sure we’d all be happy to help you figure it out. I personally think Reason 10 is awesome when compared to 8. When you count the new added devices and vst capabilities, not to mention the workflow improvements in 10.2 (other than that help window that is now permanently attached to sequencer section) I think you will find Reason 10 to be a great improvement to Reason 8.

DrGOA®

04 Nov 2018

"other than that help window that is now permanently attached to sequencer section" - You can easy switch it off. Go to "Window" menu and choose "Hide Tutorial".

Mr. Watts

07 Nov 2018

DrGOA® wrote:
04 Nov 2018
"other than that help window that is now permanently attached to sequencer section" - You can easy switch it off. Go to "Window" menu and choose "Hide Tutorial".
You must not have noticed that it still exists even when switched off. When in full screen and in the sequencer section, if you point your mouse at the very right of the browser and drag it to the left you will see that it pulls out the tutorial section. Sometimes I accidentally pull it out when trying to adjust the zoom bar in the sequencer section which is kind of annoying. Just wish that there was a way to completely deactivate it instead of just hiding it.

DrGOA®

08 Nov 2018

Go to "Options" menu and uncheck "Always Show Tutorial Area".
Hope, this will solve your problem.
Remeber - two options must be unchecked.
I am using Windows 7. Can't tell if this works with Windows 10.
Attachments
Без име.png
Без име.png (34.52 KiB) Viewed 874 times

Mr. Watts

08 Nov 2018

Maybe it’s a bug then. I’ve had both options unchecked and while it does get rid of the Tutorial “tab”, I’m still able to pull out the tutorial by clicking on the very right of the browser and pulling it to the left when in full screen.

DrGOA®

09 Nov 2018

Definitely it's a bug.

avasopht
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2018

Maybe record this behaviour with OBS Studio so that Propellerhead can see it in action

• Information