Goodbye Hydlide?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
OverneathTheSkyBridg

30 Oct 2018

Dont worry, I'm sure a big apology video is on the way for us to cringe to.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

sonicbyte

30 Oct 2018

Btw, I can't find latest video of Hydlide... it's me or he just remove it :)

I'm glad Mattias bring some light about this anyway...

EnochLight

30 Oct 2018

sonicbyte wrote:
30 Oct 2018
Btw, I can't find latest video of Hydlide... it's me or he just remove it :)

I'm glad Mattias bring some light about this anyway...
He deleted it.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ast3rix

30 Oct 2018

Cultor wrote:
30 Oct 2018
Even the CEO of PH has posted in the Reddit thread (his second post ever :lol:) , well if Hydlide purpose was to get attention he got it.
Maybe slander wasn't the best way to do so, if you want to get sued that's a great way to start tho.

In all seriousness I think Hydlide has some mental issues he needs help with. The way he spoke in his last video, like he is some sort of martyr.
A grown ass man isn't supposed to care this much about a computer program and cross a line like this.
Come on guys yes, I agree that he is a bit odd, but look at the devotion. Wouldn’t you be upset if the one thing that you have placed laser focus on for 15 years stops working the way you need It? I don’t think I would go to these lengths to get some attention placed on a problem, but we are living in a highly connected world now I suppose that was his purpose. I am still going to continue learning Ableton. I won’t completely stop using reason, but I need to stop depending on it as my primary DAW.

chimp_spanner

30 Oct 2018

ast3rix wrote:
30 Oct 2018
Cultor wrote:
30 Oct 2018
Even the CEO of PH has posted in the Reddit thread (his second post ever :lol:) , well if Hydlide purpose was to get attention he got it.
Maybe slander wasn't the best way to do so, if you want to get sued that's a great way to start tho.

In all seriousness I think Hydlide has some mental issues he needs help with. The way he spoke in his last video, like he is some sort of martyr.
A grown ass man isn't supposed to care this much about a computer program and cross a line like this.
Come on guys yes, I agree that he is a bit odd, but look at the devotion. Wouldn’t you be upset if the one thing that you have placed laser focus on for 15 years stops working the way you need It? I don’t think I would go to these lengths to get some attention placed on a problem, but we are living in a highly connected world now I suppose that was his purpose. I am still going to continue learning Ableton. I won’t completely stop using reason, but I need to stop depending on it as my primary DAW.
I downloaded the Ableton demo but just couldn’t get anywhere with it. I mean that’s on me. Not the program. Obviously a lot of people do great things with it. It just feels very alien to me.

ast3rix

30 Oct 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
30 Oct 2018
ast3rix wrote:
30 Oct 2018

I downloaded the Ableton demo but just couldn’t get anywhere with it. I mean that’s on me. Not the program. Obviously a lot of people do great things with it. It just feels very alien to me.
God yes me too I thought it was me. It’s because we have been using reason for sooooo long that we can’t see past the workflow. The session view is like block mode in reason except they made it more expandable. In reason you have a choice to use block mode in Ableton it feels like a force push to use it. So far I created my first song in it and it’s not as bad as I thought, but I have to be honest. It’s really making me feel old because I’m looking for that rack and there is no rack.

Adabler
Competition Winner

30 Oct 2018

I think the latest Bill Wurtz video sums up this whole situation nicely:

:reason: 12, Win10

Faastwalker

30 Oct 2018

Cultor wrote:
30 Oct 2018
Mattias has commented on Reddit that Hydlide has in fact NOT lost his license, nothing was revoked.
Like I suspected Propellerhead will not just revoke a license on a whim without any real legal ground.
This doesn't put Hydlide in a great position does it ?

Post can be read here:
It did all sound a bit strange. There didn't seem grounds, as far as I could tell, for revoking his license. The recent videos he posted have also been removed from YouTube, presumably because now that Propellerhead have chimed in it's made him look a little silly. It's not the first time he has done something like this.

This latest episode would appear to have been triggered by him purchasing an i9 & then realising that he did not get a significant performance boost in Reason over whatever he had previously. Anyway, hope he's okay. Just wish he'd stick to tutorial videos. He's by far the most prolific Reason tutorial video maker ever.

EnochLight

30 Oct 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
30 Oct 2018
This latest episode would appear to have been triggered by him purchasing an i9 & then realising that he did not get a significant performance boost in Reason over whatever he had previously.
The sad part is that he should have known better. He picked an i9 with a shitty single-thread performance, and then whined.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

scratchnsnifff

30 Oct 2018

EnochLight wrote:
30 Oct 2018
scratchnsnifff wrote:
30 Oct 2018
Clearly Matthias even responding means that they are willing to hear him out. And in the best case scenario the rest of us will end up getting a nice performance boost
Make no mistake - any performance boost that we get from a Reason update has absolutely ZERO to do with the drama that Hydlide has subjected everyone to. Far more learned people than him have been working on Reason for far longer.
Namyo85 wrote:
30 Oct 2018
I'm not conviced he was lying, that would seem too ridiculous. Who knows what was really going on behind the scenes? Private messages, emails. Perhaps in all the confusion he thought his license was revoked but got confused... I simply hope he keeps his channels and website and keeps making great videos... about Reason.
I'm inclined to think someone somewhere triggered an improbability drive. Normality should be resumed soon. :cool:
Well, he made a video titled "My License Was Revoked", and repeatedly stated as such during the video. Then he reaffirmed this in the video's comment section. So if he wasn't lying, he was either being 1. disingenuous (which is just as bad), 2. a drama queen, or 3. both 1 and 2.
Make no mistake about my mistake, I do understand that any performance boost is probably/is already in the works.

But it is possible that maybe he does know of something/saw something that needs point out

In which case his situation would yield an update patch that addresses said issue.
But that’s if all of this is spot on
I just hope it works out for all parties involved
Lets not mistake anyone mistaking a mistake about your mistaking my mistake
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

EnochLight

30 Oct 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
30 Oct 2018
Make no mistake about my mistake, I do understand that any performance boost is probably/is already in the works.

But it is possible that maybe he does know of something/saw something that needs point out

In which case his situation would yield an update patch that addresses said issue.
But that’s if all of this is spot on
I just hope it works out for all parties involved
Lets not mistake anyone mistaking a mistake about your mistaking my mistake
:lol: :lol: :lol:

jayhosking

31 Oct 2018

This guy is a clown and putting any time into his melodrama is a waste.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

31 Oct 2018

What a mess.

In my opinion his videos are a mixed bag. There's some useful stuff for sure and I think it's interesting to hear his opinions, but some videos are pretty weird, like when he repeatedly says "I don't care" yet still feels the need to let everyone know he doesn't care over and over again.

In the past I've seen some people be surprised that Propellerhead hasn't decided to work with him since he has offered value to the platform and its users. But I'm not surprised at all. It would be very hard for a company to work with someone that regularly lashes out against that company every time they make a mistake. That would be a PR nightmare. I remember him complaining and saying "Fuck you Propellerhead" in an old video when he didn't like the direction PH was going. Would any sane company hire a guy like that? I don't think so.

Oh well, I hope this mess sorts itself out.

rgdaniel

31 Oct 2018

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:
30 Oct 2018
Yup:

moneykube

31 Oct 2018

:thumbs_up: we all have jumped to conclusions at one time or another... but now we may never now the issue he found in coding... if there is one. I suspect there is but what do I know :question: :lol: :? :roll: say hello
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Loque

31 Oct 2018

rgdaniel wrote:
31 Oct 2018
OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:
30 Oct 2018
Yup:

:? Well, at least some kind of excuse...

Hydlide lost reputation, PH won reputation. I look forward to a long weekend (yes, my weekend starts today) and make music...
Reason12, Win10

antic604

31 Oct 2018

rgdaniel wrote:
31 Oct 2018
Kudos to Hydlide for publicly admitting to a mistake! :thumbs_up:

But help me here - "jumping to conclusions" was in reference to him expecting his license being revoked or to his findings about problems with Reason's code?

Arrant
Competition Winner

31 Oct 2018

I don't watch Hydlide's videos and don't really care what all the fuss is about.
However I did some testing of my own, as mentioned in another CPU thread that died off, and there is no doubt that CPU efficiency in Reason MUST improve. Here are my results again (on a PC):

Using the default patch in the Europa VST («FACT lead») I just put down some notes in a track and then duplicated the track until the CPU melted down. In Reason I managed 70 instances before the computer too slow message showed up.
In Reaper I got a whooping 172 (!).

That means (judging by this limited test) that Reason is 40% as efficient at running VST instuments as Reaper. Or, putting it differently, Reaper is almost 2.5 times more efficient than Reason. Incredible!

Try it yourself if you don't believe me.
Now I don't want to switch from Reason to Reaper, but it's obvious that this situation makes it very hard for Reason to compete in the DAW market.

Undistraction

31 Oct 2018

Arrant wrote:
31 Oct 2018
I don't watch Hydlide's videos and don't really care what all the fuss is about.
However I did some testing of my own, as mentioned in another CPU thread that died off, and there is no doubt that CPU efficiency in Reason MUST improve. Here are my results again (on a PC):

Using the default patch in the Europa VST («FACT lead») I just put down some notes in a track and then duplicated the track until the CPU melted down. In Reason I managed 70 instances before the computer too slow message showed up.

That means (judging by this limited test) that Reason is 40% as efficient at running VST instuments as Reaper. Or, putting it differently, Reaper is almost 2.5 times more efficient than Reason. Incredible!

Now I don't want to switch from Reason to Reaper, but it's obvious that this situation makes it very hard for Reason to compete in the DAW market.
Careful. You might get your licence revoked.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Oct 2018

If you get your license revoked do you get a refund on all the stuff you bought?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

31 Oct 2018

Arrant wrote:
31 Oct 2018

No one, including us at PH, is denying there's work to be done on VST performance in Reason. We've said numerous times that we're currently working on this and will release a free update to Reason 10 that will address VST performance. I don't know what more we can say at this point to make that clearer. :geek:

stephensmattlee

31 Oct 2018

Appreciate the reply Mattias. Looking forward to the update. Hopefully things are now resolved with Hydlide and things can move forward in a more positive direction :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antic604

31 Oct 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
31 Oct 2018
No one, including us at PH, is denying there's work to be done on VST performance in Reason. We've said numerous times that we're currently working on this and will release a free update to Reason 10 that will address VST performance. I don't know what more we can say at this point to make that clearer. :geek:
Have you omitted "later this year" intentionally? ;)

I'm asking with reference to the original statement: https://www.propellerheads.com/blog/rea ... -whats-new

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

31 Oct 2018

antic604 wrote:
31 Oct 2018
MattiasHG wrote:
31 Oct 2018
Have you omitted "later this year" intentionally? ;)

I'm asking with reference to the original statement: https://www.propellerheads.com/blog/rea ... -whats-new
The plan is later this year. As with everything, of course things can be delayed, but that's what we're aiming for. If anything changes we'll officially communicate that of course.

Undistraction

31 Oct 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
31 Oct 2018
Arrant wrote:
31 Oct 2018

So to be clear, the forthcoming update will have no impact on general performance. Just on the performance of VSTs?

• Information