DNALabs REs. Any tips? Please.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2018

I've been posting a lot of questions today so this'll be the last (probably). Aquios and Hydronexius. I bought them both ages ago and I've tried and tried with them. Every time though I end up getting frustrated and switching them off. I don't know what it is but like ALL the patches sound pretty much the same to me. Maybe that's the nature of both those Romplers. Genre specific or something. The GUI of Hydronexius just makes my eyesight worse and I can't find the controls I'm looking for. I know I shouldn't care as they're "just REs" but I'm starting to get a bit sad that they're not going to any use. I mean they must be good for something. Anybody got any ideas to share? I know it all comes down to just getting the sound that "I want" but again whatever I do everything I get out of it sounds really samey.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

tanni

28 Oct 2018

yes I have also a lot of the DNA refills and think the same. Mostly Europa and Parsec patches are not high quality made in my opinion. There are much better stuff to buy.
exode is a very good sounddesigner by the way....there are some refills in the propellerheads shop from him.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2018

tanni wrote:
28 Oct 2018
yes I have also a lot of the DNA refills and think the same. Mostly Europa and Parsec patches are not high quality made in my opinion. There are much better stuff to buy.
exode is a very good sounddesigner by the way....there are some refills in the propellerheads shop from him.
Same here. Got a lot of their refills as well as their REs and I agree...all pretty samey. eXode stuff, as you say, is really good. I was actually in today and downloaded the free Hydlide 2016 Refill. Sat for ages with it. Magic :). Still feeling sad about those REs though. Guess it’s just to accept it and move on with my life.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Michaellos

28 Oct 2018

I also have these two romplers, and, actually, I think they are not so bad. They really have some nice presets, some good sounding pads, as for others - they become better being layered, so, possibly try to experiment for a while. Would I buy them nowadays, having vst support in Reason and having Onmisphere ? Of course, not, but... never look back ;)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2018

I wrote one track for the Hydronexious Song Challenge that I was pretty happy with. I managed to end up in 3rd place and got it for free. But to be honest besides writing that one track I've hardly used it at all. I've tried returning to it a couple of times to try out some presets but everytime I've turned to some other synth instead that I've found more interesting. I suggest you do the same if you feel the same as me. Life's to short to use instruments you don't like.

Here's my only Hydronexious track.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Oct 2018
I've tried returning to it a couple of times to try out some presets but everytime I've turned to some other synth instead that I've found more interesting. I suggest you do the same if you feel the same as me.
1. Same here
2. My exact strategy

Am out but I’ll listen to your song later. Maybe some inspiration in there. That said, I really don’t like this REs.

Thanks for the video :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

FLVZ

07 Dec 2018

I find these great for layering, theres always something a bit different within the patches of AQuios I feel this adds interest to the music and its good to have an instrument in the rack that has that spice to add to a track...

• Information