Reason 10.2 bugs

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
S1GNL

12 Oct 2018

I have experienced different bugs since the update:

1. Moving multiple audio clips causes UI glitches (waveform outside the clip).

2. Exporting VST mixer channels causes occasionally an endless "Waiting for audio analysis" (Omnisphere). Before anyone blames Omnisphere: some exports are fine as usual, some just hang...

3. Pop-Up window "Unknown Error". That's old news for me, but since the update this is happening pretty often.

My setup hasn't changed a bit since the update.
The only difference is the Reason version -> 10.2

The projects/songs all have been created with Reason 10.1.

Anyone else having bugs/errors since the update?

What the f@!? Props???

Loque

12 Oct 2018

I speculate you at on Mac? I had a few errors while replacing VST devices. Nothing fancy, just the usual vst crap...
Reason12, Win10

S1GNL

12 Oct 2018

Windows 10...

So, I've completely uninstalled/installed R10 and now Omnisphere exports work fine.

But... my UJAM VG exports crash Reason!

OMG... this can't be for real. What the heck is going on??

Loque

12 Oct 2018

S1GNL wrote:
12 Oct 2018
Windows 10...

So, I've completely uninstalled/installed R10 and now Omnisphere exports work fine.

I don't have those VSTs and cannot say anything about them. How old is your hd? Problems with other applications reading or writing big files?
Reason12, Win10

RobC

13 Oct 2018

I have an issue since that Easy Midi. Usually, if I load a preset, for example for Korg NanoKontrol, next time I start, it says that:

"The number of MIDI output ports on this control surface has changed! Delete and re-add it."

It only doesn't happen if I load a generic setting.

If I click Edit on it, do nothing, just press OK, then it works again. I really don't want to do this each time I start Reason for every device.

S1GNL

13 Oct 2018

Loque wrote:
12 Oct 2018
S1GNL wrote:
12 Oct 2018
Windows 10...

I don't have those VSTs and cannot say anything about them. How old is your hd? Problems with other applications reading or writing big files?
Restarting Windows helped...

The same project, the same task... no crash or hang after restarting.

It's a bug. This can't be a problem related to hardware or OS.

So.. is Reason going to get more buggy with each update or what :D

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

15 Oct 2018

RobC wrote:
13 Oct 2018
I have an issue since that Easy Midi. Usually, if I load a preset, for example for Korg NanoKontrol, next time I start, it says that:

"The number of MIDI output ports on this control surface has changed! Delete and re-add it."

If I click Edit on it, do nothing, just press OK, then it works again. I really don't want to do this each time I start Reason for every device.
This particular bug is known and we're working on a bugfix for it and the fact that Reason no longer remembers MIDI port assignments between sessions. There's one or two other bugs related to silence detection of VSTs that can cause issues with reverb tails and panning that we're also working on.

We've not seen any new reports with any bugs pertaining to exporting audio so make sure you send that to support if you haven't. We can then look at it and see if the plug-in's misbheaving, if this is new to 10.2 or something else.

scratchnsnifff

15 Oct 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
15 Oct 2018
RobC wrote:
13 Oct 2018

This particular bug is known and we're working on a bugfix for it and the fact that Reason no longer remembers MIDI port assignments between sessions. There's one or two other bugs related to silence detection of VSTs that can cause issues with reverb tails and panning that we're also working on.

We've not seen any new reports with any bugs pertaining to exporting audio so make sure you send that to support if you haven't. We can then look at it and see if the plug-in's misbheaving, if this is new to 10.2 or something else.
Idk if this is a bug or a feature request, but drag and drop sample into vst window?
Ableton lite is able to do this with my sample ready vst
I’d almost lean towards the concept of feature request but I feel like it’s worth bringing up as it’s an important workflow thing when working with serum or any other synth

Also the multi lane edit..
It would be cool to see the other track lanes have an outline with the coresponding track color :) just some thoughts
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

RobC

15 Oct 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
15 Oct 2018

This particular bug is known and we're working on a bugfix for it and the fact that Reason no longer remembers MIDI port assignments between sessions.
Ah, sorry then ~ and thank you for the information, I'll be patiently waiting. : )

kraftf

15 Oct 2018

RobC wrote:
15 Oct 2018
MattiasHG wrote:
15 Oct 2018

This particular bug is known and we're working on a bugfix for it and the fact that Reason no longer remembers MIDI port assignments between sessions.
Ah, sorry then ~ and thank you for the information, I'll be patiently waiting. : )
Yeah it happens to me too along with other midi port issues.
With regard to this, make sure to select midi out in the control surface. Although in my control surface script the midi out port is optional actually you have to select a midi out in order that you don't get the same error all the time. At least this worked for me.
I also have problems with my virtual maschine midi ports my iPad lemur daemons and maxmsp midi ports that maschineR is using.
Already reported all the above and waiting for a fix from the PH team.

RobC

15 Oct 2018

kraftf wrote:
15 Oct 2018
RobC wrote:
15 Oct 2018

With regard to this, make sure to select midi out in the control surface. Although in my control surface script the midi out port is optional actually you have to select a midi out in order that you don't get the same error all the time. At least this worked for me.
I also have problems with my virtual maschine midi ports my iPad lemur daemons and maxmsp midi ports that maschineR is using.
:thumbs_up: This really works for the time being, thank you!

kraftf

17 Oct 2018

RobC wrote:
15 Oct 2018
kraftf wrote:
15 Oct 2018

:thumbs_up: This really works for the time being, thank you!
No worries glad I helped!

• Information