Arturia Synclavier Update 2 with resynthesis

Discuss VST stuff here!
Loque

13 Oct 2018

Wow...how could i miss that updated. I just noted it through an email from Arturia and directly checked it out. Amazing! Resynthesis on the next level.

You can just "import" a sample as a carrier, modulator or both. Than just say how many steps you want to create through the sample and bam! Now you can edit each step and change the modulator or carrier. Incredible possbilities to new soundscapes. Very easy editor, very good sound. I am impressed. And the most shocking thing to me is, that this is a recreation of a f***cking old synth. That editor i whished for Spectra, Parsec or eXpanse to edit the partials. Really good. Check it out, test it out!

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... esynthesis

Reason12, Win10

AzureEyes

14 Oct 2018

It's very nice. I must say! You can get new sounds doing this and it's fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marco Raaphorst

14 Oct 2018

Reminds me that I should explore Grain a lot more :D

hurricane
Competition Winner

14 Oct 2018

Grain is Grain, but this is a freaking Synclavier done in collaboration with the guy who created it. For those of us into synth history, this is a dream. And to make it a little more authentic, V2 now includes

"...classic sounds from the New England Digital sample libraries. Originally sold on 1GB 12” optical WORM drives for $15,000 each, their inclusion in Arturia’s recreation keeps the instrument true to its roots, giving a new generation of musicians the most authentic Synclavier experience ever.

And the GUI is soooo sweeeeeet. :thumbs_up:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

fieldframe
RE Developer

14 Oct 2018

I did not expect this to be a free upgrade, especially given that I'm still on V Collection 5. First the free upgrade to Analog Lab 3, and now this! I guess it's not technically a 2.0 update (it still shows up as Synclavier V, not V2), so that's why it's not paid.

Actually, I'm looking in Arturia Software Center now, and it looks like it is indeed version 2.0.1.xxx. Which is weird, because all the other V Collection instruments have matching names and versions; Farfisa V is 1.3.1, Solina V2 is 2.3.1, Mini V3 is 3.3.1, and so on. Synclavier V should be Synclavier V2, but they kept the original name.

Loque

14 Oct 2018

fieldframe wrote:
14 Oct 2018
I did not expect this to be a free upgrade, especially given that I'm still on V Collection 5. First the free upgrade to Analog Lab 3, and now this! I guess it's not technically a 2.0 update (it still shows up as Synclavier V, not V2), so that's why it's not paid.

Actually, I'm looking in Arturia Software Center now, and it looks like it is indeed version 2.0.1.xxx. Which is weird, because all the other V Collection instruments have matching names and versions; Farfisa V is 1.3.1, Solina V2 is 2.3.1, Mini V3 is 3.3.1, and so on. Synclavier V should be Synclavier V2, but they kept the original name.
Maybe its because just now the synth is complete!? Well, i dont ask why, i am just happy. Great update, its big fun to pull in 2 differnt samples and see what comes out. There is only one addition that would make it uber awsome sweet and that is steps for the carrier and the modulator (maybe it is working, but could not figure out how). And i just need to find a way, to balance a bit more the moulation with a few easy steps or even modulate the modulation :-D
Reason12, Win10

Loque

14 Oct 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
14 Oct 2018
Reminds me that I should explore Grain a lot more :D
Grain plays in a different area. But those carrier/modulation and aprtial editing would realy be a great a ddition to a lot of device. Just imagine you can load a sample into Grain/Europa/Parsec7Expanse/Proton/... and you can modulate them the same way and have such a editor like in Synclavier! That would be awsome with the synths unique features combined....
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

14 Oct 2018

I gotta say, after working with the original this version is actually a HUGE improvement IMO.

Back in the mid 1980s I took a 6 week class on the Synclave, and even during that class period there were two software updates - and each update changed the way the front panel worked. It was very confusing IMO, some functions were indicated with a "flashing ON" LED, some with a "flashing OFF" LED (yes, there was a difference). Some buttons changed function: the chorus button didn't actually do the main "chorus" effect at the point I learned the instrument. You used a different (unlabeled) button for "chorus"!

Coming from the Fairlight CMI world where the screen showed you so much graphical information (not to mention the interaction with the light pen), the Synclavier was a bit of a step backwards, UI wise.

So having this synth in software actually makes it look appealing to me for the first time! Will definitely check this out.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

AzureEyes

14 Oct 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:Reminds me that I should explore Grain a lot more :D
I don't see how this is relevant to the topic. Synclavier is a legendary digital Synthesizer that's been around for years. It's nothing like Grain.

Marco Raaphorst

15 Oct 2018

AzureEyes wrote:
14 Oct 2018
Marco Raaphorst wrote:Reminds me that I should explore Grain a lot more :D
I don't see how this is relevant to the topic. Synclavier is a legendary digital Synthesizer that's been around for years. It's nothing like Grain.

Both are samplers. Made me think I should explore Grain more. Relevant to me, if not for you, simply ignore it.

AzureEyes

15 Oct 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
AzureEyes wrote:
14 Oct 2018

Both are samplers. Made me think I should explore Grain more. Relevant to me, if not for you, simply ignore it.
Neither are samplers. They are both hybrid synths that use samples as sound sources in different ways and have no similarities.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2018

Putting it on my Black Friday list, maybe we see 50% of as in previous years [emoji41]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information