Adam Fielding's Livestream Thread (next stream-date in first post)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Aosta

10 Oct 2018

Would be interesting if someone submitted some vocals or instrument loop using Take and you opened it via Allihoopa and made a track from it.
Welcome back :puf_smile:
Tend the flame

DinoJ

10 Oct 2018

adfielding wrote:
10 Oct 2018
Apologies for the necro-bump, but I've got some good news (if you're into this kind of thing!)...

The livestreams are coming back! :D

I haven't solidified a time or date yet, but it'll be sometime in the next few weeks, and I'll be kicking things off again with a music-making session. Once I pick a regular day/time-slot I'll post it here.

Right now I've got a few ideas to work around but, generally speaking... I haven't got a clue as to what to cover! So, with that in mind - are there any topics outside of the start-to-finish music creation sessions that you'd like me to cover? Bearing in mind that this will be mainly Reason-focussed, I'd love to hear any ideas or suggestions for future streams.

I can't wait to get back into this as it's been way, WAY too long - and I hope to see some of you there once things get back up and running! Cheers :)
This is great to hear, look forward to watching your streams again. I don't have any suggestions though, sorry not very helpful I know! :lol:

adfielding

10 Oct 2018

Zac wrote:
10 Oct 2018
I'd be interested in how you use the new multilane editing to work from bass lines to melodies etc . If that's something youve found useful? Or whatever way it's useful? Beats?
That's an interesting topic - I'm using it a lot now, but it's not something I missed because I've been so used to working with individual lanes all of the time. I had a chat with someone recently about how I've developed a lot of weird (but totally practical) habits because I've been using Reason for so long, and how those feed into how I approach music now. I love hearing about how people work with DAWs. That said - I tend to use multi-lanes primarily with drums, so I can sum the lanes while working on one particular percussive element :)
Aosta wrote:
10 Oct 2018
Would be interesting if someone submitted some vocals or instrument loop using Take and you opened it via Allihoopa and made a track from it.
Welcome back :puf_smile:
Ooh, that's a neat idea! One of the things I liked about the old livestream vids was the collaborative aspect of getting the viewers involved with suggestions and the like. This would definitely feed nicely into that!
DinoJ wrote:
10 Oct 2018
This is great to hear, look forward to watching your streams again. I don't have any suggestions though, sorry not very helpful I know! :lol:
Thanks for the support! I'm looking forward to getting back into it :D

4filegate

11 Oct 2018

the broadcast format of Fact-magazine "Against the Clock" + You take all factors into account.

So we will provide users with valuable input and Adam Fielding will get another more successful outcome.

Breach The Sky

11 Oct 2018

I'm always looking for new advises on how to "explode" a 8-bar loop idéa into a full track. Several videos I watched on the matter doesn't seem to actually have a concrete approach to do this, they just fumble about. Maybe it's more off a mental block then anything, but I like to hear your thoughts!

adfielding

11 Oct 2018

4filegate wrote:
11 Oct 2018
the broadcast format of Fact-magazine "Against the Clock" + You take all factors into account.

So we will provide users with valuable input and Adam Fielding will get another more successful outcome.
Ooh, I've never seen the Against The Clock videos - that's a super interesting concept, maybe something I'd do outside of a live-stream but that sounds like it'd be a lot of fun! Thanks for the idea :D
Breach The Sky wrote:
11 Oct 2018
I'm always looking for new advises on how to "explode" a 8-bar loop idéa into a full track. Several videos I watched on the matter doesn't seem to actually have a concrete approach to do this, they just fumble about. Maybe it's more off a mental block then anything, but I like to hear your thoughts!
That's a great suggestion, and something I touched upon in some of my previous music making vids - if I remember correctly the first two revolved around creating an 8-bar block and then working backwards from there, while the third progressed in a more linear fashion. Definitely something I'd be interested in getting into, thanks!

Creativemind

11 Oct 2018

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but what's the next live stream gonna be covering?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

adfielding

11 Oct 2018

Creativemind wrote:
11 Oct 2018
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but what's the next live stream gonna be covering?
The next live stream will be a music-making session, so I'll be writing a tune from scratch and explaining the process as I go while responding to comments and suggestions as I go. It might turn out to be a semi-decent tune (hopefully!), or it might... not. Who knows! That's the fun of live-streaming :)

Creativemind

11 Oct 2018

adfielding wrote:
11 Oct 2018
Creativemind wrote:
11 Oct 2018
The next live stream will be a music-making session, so I'll be writing a tune from scratch and explaining the process as I go while responding to comments and suggestions as I go. It might turn out to be a semi-decent tune (hopefully!), or it might... not. Who knows! That's the fun of live-streaming :)
:thumbs_up:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Breach The Sky

11 Oct 2018

adfielding wrote:
11 Oct 2018
Breach The Sky wrote:
11 Oct 2018
That's a great suggestion, and something I touched upon in some of my previous music making vids - if I remember correctly the first two revolved around creating an 8-bar block and then working backwards from there, while the third progressed in a more linear fashion. Definitely something I'd be interested in getting into, thanks!
Ok! Do you have these videos archived somewhere perhaps? Anyway, yes that would be interesting indeed. :puf_smile:

scratchnsnifff

11 Oct 2018

I’d like to see what can be done with Europa.

The FM tables and modifiers are cool, but they aren’t inter oscillator FM. It would be cool to see what 80s sounds can be created using the basic sine FM modifier

Also explain the harmonic modifier

Or make a wavetable using grain.

Use grain and or Europa to be the modulator of a Thor audio fm patch (that’s always fun)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

adfielding

11 Oct 2018

Breach The Sky wrote:
11 Oct 2018
adfielding wrote:
11 Oct 2018

Ok! Do you have these videos archived somewhere perhaps? Anyway, yes that would be interesting indeed. :puf_smile:
I certainly do! You can find the archived streams here, though this only includes the music-making streams as YouTube were being kinda dickish about everything else I tried to upload. Twitch has the streams available for a month after each stream, if memory serves.

scratchnsnifff wrote:
11 Oct 2018

The FM tables and modifiers are cool, but they aren’t inter oscillator FM. It would be cool to see what 80s sounds can be created using the basic sine FM modifier

Use grain and or Europa to be the modulator of a Thor audio fm patch (that’s always fun)
All good suggestions - I'd love to do some diving into Europa, as it's become my absolute go-to synth for a lot of my work since it came out :)

Wook

11 Oct 2018

Oh man, I rewatched your streams this past week and thought it's a shame you don't do them anymore. I'm very happy to see this thread. I agree with other users and their suggestions. It's gonna be interesting to see how you incorporate Vst's into your workflow because we didn't have Vst support when you made the last video.

Also, it would be cool to see how you make drones or rather putting them into a more musical or rather rythmical context. Hope that makes sense.

adfielding

12 Oct 2018

Wook wrote:
11 Oct 2018
Oh man, I rewatched your streams this past week and thought it's a shame you don't do them anymore. I'm very happy to see this thread. I agree with other users and their suggestions. It's gonna be interesting to see how you incorporate Vst's into your workflow because we didn't have Vst support when you made the last video.

Also, it would be cool to see how you make drones or rather putting them into a more musical or rather rythmical context. Hope that makes sense.
Awesome, thanks! Not quite sure how heavily VSTs are going to factor into these music-making sessions - I imagine I'll stick primarily to Reason/RE instruments & devices, though it'll be nice to be able to sprinkle a couple of VSTs in here and there. That said, being able to play with VSTs will be a nice contrast to the earlier vids :)

Love the drones idea, thanks for the suggestion!

scratchnsnifff

12 Oct 2018

adfielding wrote:
11 Oct 2018
Breach The Sky wrote:
11 Oct 2018

I certainly do! You can find the archived streams here, though this only includes the music-making streams as YouTube were being kinda dickish about everything else I tried to upload. Twitch has the streams available for a month after each stream, if memory serves.

scratchnsnifff wrote:
11 Oct 2018

All good suggestions - I'd love to do some diving into Europa, as it's become my absolute go-to synth for a lot of my work since it came out :)
Same here man. I do still feel like it’s unfinished in a few ways. Like it’d be nice to have the easy features of right click or control click and copy paste engines harmonic sections or filters
Global button for spectral filter
Fm between oscillators and user waveforms on all three oscillators
But I digress, I also feel like you could use malström, and show off it’s capabilites as a sampler by using a saw waveform and a string graintable. I love using those two to make pads or saw stabs!
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

adfielding

12 Oct 2018

So... good news! I've got a time & date for the next live-stream.

The next live-stream will be on Friday 19th October, starting at 19:30 BST (18:30 GMT).

This will be a music-making session, where I create a little tune from scratch over the course of a couple of hours or so. The stream will be taking place over on Twitch, and I'll be archiving the streams (or at least attempting to) on YouTube.

Would love to see some of you there! As always, I'll be fielding (heh) questions and suggestions during the stream.

Wook

12 Oct 2018

Excellent. See you there.

adfielding

17 Oct 2018

Just wanted to give this a cheeky bump as it's just a couple of days away now - Friday 19th October, starting at 19:30 BST (18:30 GMT). The plan is to create a track from scratch from start to finish, and I'll be taking on ideas and suggestions from the chat during the stream. I'll be archiving (or at least attempting to archive!) the stream on YouTube afterwards, so you'll still be able to check it out if you can't make it.

artotaku

17 Oct 2018

adfielding wrote:
17 Oct 2018
Just wanted to give this a cheeky bump as it's just a couple of days away now - Friday 19th October, starting at 19:30 BST (18:30 GMT). The plan is to create a track from scratch from start to finish, and I'll be taking on ideas and suggestions from the chat during the stream. I'll be archiving (or at least attempting to archive!) the stream on YouTube afterwards, so you'll still be able to check it out if you can't make it.
Looking forward to the stream, hope, I can make it attending. Really enjoyed the last ones, very inspiring. Thanks for doing that for the Reason community!

adfielding

18 Oct 2018

artotaku wrote:
17 Oct 2018
adfielding wrote:
17 Oct 2018
Looking forward to the stream, hope, I can make it attending. Really enjoyed the last ones, very inspiring. Thanks for doing that for the Reason community!
You're welcome, I'm looking forward to getting back into it :)

angorapostfrosch

18 Oct 2018

Adam & mods, the date in the first post is wrong.

adfielding

18 Oct 2018

angorapostfrosch wrote:
18 Oct 2018
Adam & mods, the date in the first post is wrong.
Oh wow, I am a dumbass. That's fixed now, thanks!

Wook

18 Oct 2018

Looking forward to it.

adfielding

19 Oct 2018

Wook wrote:
18 Oct 2018
Looking forward to it.
Ditto! Just did a quick test to make sure everything's working as it should, but I guess the real test will come when I'm actually streaming. Fingers crossed for no glitching/freezing/whatever-ing this time around :)

Adabler
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2018

Wook wrote:
18 Oct 2018
Looking forward to it.
Same here. My plan is to try to follow along in Reason and see how far off I'll be in the end. Seems like a fun exercise, like a Reason master class! :)
:reason: 12, Win10

• Information