Nektar P4 and T4

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
andrewgreatorex

07 Oct 2018

Hi Reason Talkers,

I've had Nektar Panorama P4 for about 1 year now and I'm really pleased with the deep integration with Reason. Did anyone get the new Panorama T4?

I wondered what/if there are any major advantages to switching to the T4 from the P4.

http://www.mixdownmag.com.au/reviewed-n ... r-keyboard
Thanks
Andrew Greatorex
http://www.andrewgreatorexmusic.com

QVprod

07 Oct 2018

the T series is considered a mid level product and not a replacement for the P keyboards according to Nektar...however

T4 advantages
- better keys
- better pads
- Chord trigger and note repeat on pads
- Nektarine integration (Though supposedly the P4 will have this soon as well). Still maps to plugins without Nektarine
- Mackie control capability for any unsupported DAWs you may use.

P4 advantages
- Motorized fader
- Looks better (subjective I know)
- better and seemingly easier to read screen
- more knobs and pads

I wouldn't suggest trading in a P4 in to get a T4 unless note repeat and chord trigger are that big a deal to you. but I see absolutely no reason for a choose a Panorama P at this point if you don't already have one.

gscroggin

19 Oct 2018

QVprod wrote:
07 Oct 2018
...but I see absolutely no reason for a choose a Panorama P at this point if you don't already have one.
Can you elaborate on why? I've been considering a P :-)

QVprod

20 Oct 2018

gscroggin wrote:
19 Oct 2018
QVprod wrote:
07 Oct 2018
...but I see absolutely no reason for a choose a Panorama P at this point if you don't already have one.
Can you elaborate on why? I've been considering a P :-)
The T series does most of what the P does. Difference is just 8 more knobs and a motor fader. To me that's not really worth an additional $240 for basically the same level of integration.

FrancoB

19 Nov 2018

Hi all. Complete newbie here looking to start out with Reason and music production on the whole.

I've been looking at both the P6 and the T6. Currently the cheapest price I can see for both is £330 for the P6 and £304 for the T6 so there's not a massive amount in it cost wise currently.

I am hoping to teach myself piano at the same time and so the reportedly better keybed on the T6 sounds more appealing. I'm just a bit unsure as I thought the P6 was meant to be a lot more expensive. Which would you say is the better keyboard to pick up at the prices listed above?

• Information