Output Arcade is my favorite plugin right now.

Discuss VST stuff here!
EnochLight

07 Oct 2018

That is all. Just had to share. :P
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

07 Oct 2018

I hadn't seen this yet, when you referred to it as a plugin, I had to have a look.

Cool to see they are making stuff that doesn't require Kontakt...
And hopefully their installation process is simpler with their own plugin?

Would be great if they could move all of their stuff to self-contained plugins!

EnochLight

07 Oct 2018

joeyluck wrote:
07 Oct 2018
I hadn't seen this yet, when you referred to it as a plugin, I had to have a look.

Cool to see they are making stuff that doesn't require Kontakt...
And hopefully their installation process is simpler with their own plugin?

Would be great if they could move all of their stuff to self-contained plugins!
Yeah, it was just as simple as running an executable and logging in to your Output account - done. Just some of the content is magical - I've spent hours just messing with stuff. It's essentially a sampler, but holy crap... I can't put it into words - most of the content is just top notch awesome. Love it!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tibah

07 Oct 2018

Seems to be a trend to move away from Kontakt for some companies. Spitfire Audio also delivers some stuff now in their own plug-in. I love Output for their sound, but it was a huge mess to deal with it in the past.

Arcade seems interesting. Not sure I want subscription, but 100 days seems to be enough to squeeze a lot of content out of this. :D

Ahornberg

07 Oct 2018

Isteresting plugin ... I could't find out if I could still use it with my own loops after cancelling subsription.

EnochLight

07 Oct 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
07 Oct 2018
Isteresting plugin ... I could't find out if I could still use it with my own loops after cancelling subsription.
Without a sub, it's not completely 100% functional. Any songs you make or projects saved, will play back just fine - but you're locked out of editing without an active sub. But with the sub, otherwise, you can use your own loops/samples just fine.

I realize the subscription model isn't for everyone. This is like buying a mid/top-tier VST plugin once a year ($120 USD/year for the sub), so if you're not willing to do that.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But the first 100 days are free, and that was enough to hook me. YMMV...

Ahornberg

07 Oct 2018

EnochLight wrote:
07 Oct 2018
Ahornberg wrote:
07 Oct 2018
Without a sub, it's not completely 100% functional. Any songs you make or projects saved, will play back just fine - but you're locked out of editing without an active sub. But with the sub, otherwise, you can use your own loops/samples just fine.

I realize the subscription model isn't for everyone. This is like buying a mid/top-tier VST plugin once a year ($120 USD/year for the sub), so if you're not willing to do that.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But the first 100 days are free, and that was enough to hook me. YMMV...
I give it a try.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2020

I haven't tried Arcade and I do not want to subscribe for eternity, so...

Has anyone canceled the subscription and found out what still works?
My guess from Output's info is they save the VST state in a project but render the GUI non-functional, but react to incoming midi.

If you made and saved patches with your own loops can you open the patch in a new project?
Same but with Output loops, is it possible to open up that patch in a new project?
What if you save a patch in a Combinator, can you open that in a new project?
Can the 4 macro sliders still take automation or CV?
What about sending CC/CV to other parameters, can you still manipulate any variable in the triggered 8black key) FX pages?

I think it can be a workable solution to jump in/out of a subscription, but the patches I make, at least with my own loops, should still be possible to use in new projects for it to be useful.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Kalm

29 Jan 2020

I've been using it since it came out, basically a whole unique sample library. I get vocal chops from their all the time.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2020

+1 from me for arcade too as the content is really good and I love editing the samples and black key functions for different varieties. One thing I didn't notice till later on was that the keys around c0 alters the key (i really should read manuals). Out of interest does automation work in reason with arcade now as i seem to recall it didn't before? I mostly use studio one and reason rack plugin now so haven't tried arcade in reason for quite a while.

reddust

29 Jan 2020

I own almost everything by Output just not Arcade because of it being a subscription service, which I always try to avoid.

Is it actually sample based or are there also instruments that generate their own sound?

By the way, I don't know if Output is really moving away from Kontakt, or at least not from Native Instruments. I used to upload my Output plugins through their own app "Output Hub", which is not working since weeks. I wrote an email to their support and they pointed me to Native Instruments' Native Access to upload my Output plugins.

My guess is that they're going to abandone their old plugins almost completely, leave users to set up these through Native Access and concentrate in apps that bring them more money with subscription plans like Arcade.

EnochLight

29 Jan 2020

Boombastix wrote:
28 Jan 2020

I did. Any projects you saved in your song will play back; you cannot edit any parameters or load any new sounds. That’s all.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2020

EnochLight wrote:
29 Jan 2020
Boombastix wrote:
28 Jan 2020

I did. Any projects you saved in your song will play back; you cannot edit any parameters or load any new sounds. That’s all.
Did you save Arcade inside a Combinator and successfully opened it another project after the sub expired? I'm interested to know if I can use my own samples and created patches in new projects that way.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

EnochLight

30 Jan 2020

Boombastix wrote:
30 Jan 2020
EnochLight wrote:
29 Jan 2020

Did you save Arcade inside a Combinator and successfully opened it another project after the sub expired? I'm interested to know if I can use my own samples and created patches in new projects that way.
Yes. It doesn't matter how it's saved - if there is no active sub, you are locked out from editing, loading, tweaking, or doing anything in Output. It just plays back the loaded Output preset (or sample) that it was saved as. You can play that with your MIDI controller or through the song it was saved in, but that's about it.

Popey
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2020

Got a discount code of £50 for being a arcade user today and just thought I would let others know the code works for expansions. I basically just got a portal expansion for free.

• Information