RPEQ Effect by Rob Papen updated!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Adabler
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2018

RobPapen_RP-EQ_RE2_png_10000x10000_q85.jpg
RobPapen_RP-EQ_RE2_png_10000x10000_q85.jpg (133.79 KiB) Viewed 745 times
RobPapen_RP-EQ_RE_backpanel2_png_10000x10000_q85.jpg
RobPapen_RP-EQ_RE_backpanel2_png_10000x10000_q85.jpg (120.24 KiB) Viewed 745 times
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ex ... eq-effect/

Price: €69.,-

Latest version 1.0.2 Changed Mono Filter to zero-delay filter

Still features: Mastering and channel EQ with built in Spectrogram for Propellerhead Reason 9.2 or higher

EQ - 8 Band EQ with Frequency, Gain and Bandwidth. - EQ dials and function controls. - EQ graphic screen. - Mid/Side mode with 4 Mid bands and 4 Side bands. - Lock mode for Frequency and Gain. - MIDI Note selecting for each band instead of using Frequency. - Each band can be made visual or hidden in the graphic field. - Each band can be played solo.

Saturation - Mild tube saturation with a selector for pre-eq.

Air - Open your mix or track by using the Air feature. - Frequency range between 30kHz to 40kHz. - Gain of 6db max.

Filter - HiPass Filter in 12dB or 24dB mode. - LowPass Filter in 12dB or 24dB mode. - Two Filter colour/sound types - Resonance (Q) control.

Mono / Stereo Filter
- Great tool for inside the mix bus or while mastering. - Instead of frequency you also can select a MIDI note as the split point for the filter. - Clicking on the Mono / Stereo button will turn On / Off the Mono / Stereo effect. - Controls are: Frequency. - Solo on/off. - Visual inside the graphic display On/off. - Several Modes. These determine how the sound is ‘mono-fied’, either using the left or right channels, the average of the left & right channels (L+R) or the difference between the left & right channels (L – R).

Back Panel Screen -The back screen of RP-EQ shows the Input / Output audio connections and also CV input to each band's frequency, bandwidth & gain, also the Low-pass / High-pass filter frequency and Q(resonance).

All the recent talk about EQ REs made me want to check out either the Selig Colour EQ or the Synapse one. Then all of a sudden I realized Rob Papen made one too, so I felt the need to share! :) (sorry)
Last edited by Adabler on 03 Oct 2018, edited 2 times in total.
:reason: 12, Win10

antic604

03 Oct 2018

It's been out for 2.5 years and v1.0.2 changed the mono filter to zero-delay. That's it...

joeyluck

03 Oct 2018

Yeah it's been out a while. One of my favorites. I really like the Air effect, it comes in handy and works really well. And the display looks great!

Loque

03 Oct 2018

I miss keyboard control and visual feedback of cv and GUI is clumsy. Maybe because that I did not used it much the last two years.
Reason12, Win10

Jagwah

03 Oct 2018

antic604 wrote:
03 Oct 2018
It's been out for 2.5 years and v1.0.2 changed the mono filter to zero-delay. That's it...
It would have the added benefit of bumping it to the top of the shop.

Hmmmmmmmm :think:

scratchnsnifff

03 Oct 2018

Cool tip unique to this eq

Solo one band
And press the solo button for the Q
This results in a customizable slope for a band pass filter :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

selig
RE Developer

03 Oct 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
03 Oct 2018

Solo one band
Not totally unique: just have to say, ColoringEQ can also do that too (and go both wider AND much more narrow), both with the soloed EQ band AND with it's band pass filters (so you can effectively have 7 BP filters at once, half of a Moog Filter Bank!).
Sorry for the interruption… ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Arrant
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2018

This is my fav EQ RE, just does it all and has a much better UI than the GQ7. (Selig I haven’t tried yours yet though)

To the OP: Kult å se flere fra Oslo her 👍🏻

Adabler
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2018

Sorry for the confusion, although I think I was the only one beeing confused :) I hope that this thread can turn into a wholesome EQ debate! If you, a user who own all three of these, were in my EQ-buying shoes: which one would you buy? Or does it still make sense to have all of them?
Arrant wrote:
03 Oct 2018
:puf_bigsmile: S L :puf_bigsmile: !
:reason: 12, Win10

MannequinRaces

03 Oct 2018

Adabler wrote:
03 Oct 2018
Sorry for the confusion, although I think I was the only one beeing confused :) I hope that this thread can turn into a wholesome EQ debate! If you, a user who own all three of these, were in my EQ-buying shoes: which one would you buy? Or does it still make sense to have all of them?
Arrant wrote:
03 Oct 2018
:puf_bigsmile: S L :puf_bigsmile: !
After using Selig's coloring EQ I have zero desire to own any other EQ, except maybe a dynamic one like Carve but better.

scratchnsnifff

03 Oct 2018

selig wrote:
03 Oct 2018
scratchnsnifff wrote:
03 Oct 2018

Solo one band
Not totally unique: just have to say, ColoringEQ can also do that too (and go both wider AND much more narrow), both with the soloed EQ band AND with it's band pass filters (so you can effectively have 7 BP filters at once, half of a Moog Filter Bank!).
Sorry for the interruption… ;)
All good. I didn’t know the color eq had that option.

Either way I still see it as unique as it’s one of two in the shop that does this as far as I know.

I always prefer graphic equalizers to the older style EQs like the mcdsp or the uhbik eq

I’m a visual learner/worker :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information