Dreadful face changing effects, never liked them.

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
Namyo85

27 Sep 2018

I wish Props would remove that awful picture above where it says 'Download Andrew Huang's FREE patches for Europa by Reason'. It's one of those crappy effects that are popular amongst facebook smartphone users. I never liked these effects. It's a bit like the ones where you put a dog nose and ears on faces, I think you'll be aware of what I mean. The worst ones are when they distort the face and head so they go out of shape, similar to the image in the link but often more extreme... terrible, soulless bland images. Often really difficult to look at as well, sometimes they turn my stomach, the more extreme ones. :puf_unhappy: ;)
https://www.propellerheads.se/blog/reas ... -whats-new

normen

27 Sep 2018

Careful, thats not a good view as an artist. It's the same as saying "Oh I recognize that chord pattern, it's so over-used and thats why it bores me". Not very practical attaching that to everything if you want to make music. The music doesn't care about your prejudices, it will just go back to the ether :)

(Edit: Yes, I had to have lengthy discussions about that in bars with artists of all kinds ;))

Namyo85

27 Sep 2018

One things for sure, there's no way those face modifiers are art. As for chord sequences, let's not go there. I'm sure we've all seen the key of awesome's video by now. 'Those 4 chords'. I have been guilty of using that 1 3 4 system myself but I'm gonna try not to from now on. :puf_smile:

Loque

27 Sep 2018

giphy (1).gif
giphy (1).gif (471.37 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
Reason12, Win10

rcbuse
RE Developer

27 Sep 2018

I understand what you are saying. I think they trigger something primal in our brains that says something isn't right. That image doesn't sit right with me either.

If you want to relate it to chords, I would say its like listening to a bunch of stacked tritones x 100.

normen

27 Sep 2018

Four guys are talking about this marketing image. I think it worked :)

Namyo85

27 Sep 2018

rcbuse wrote:
27 Sep 2018
I understand what you are saying. I think they trigger something primal in our brains that says something isn't right. That image doesn't sit right with me either.
Good point. There's something almost frightening yet definitely strange about that image.

Wobbleburger

04 Oct 2018

normen wrote:
27 Sep 2018
Four guys are talking about this marketing image. I think it worked :)
yup.
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

Namyo85

24 Oct 2018

Nope. Had to remind myself today what it was advertising by looking at the first post of this thread. :puf_smile:

• Information