Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
azido

18 May 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
18 May 2018

That is one of Nektars own mappings on the VIP, could you please load your device up in Reason, then from "File" select "export device remote info" and send me that file or upload it here and I will have a quick look. (do you know if they do a demo for it?)
Hey Carly,

of course i can (see attachment)

VIP has it's own midi learn function, which is working nicely in standalone mode (.exe), but can't be used in reason with the vst. Thing is: if it can be mapped, we could change parms of every loaded vst in VIP assigned to the available knobs, faders and buttons in VIP and therefore could also control omnisphere to our likings as long as it's loaded within VIP.

Yes, they have a free 7day-demo here: http://www.akaipro.com/products/new-products/vip
Ref: Omnisphere, there are so many parameters that can be mapped and it will be a 2 stage approach to it, I have Omnisphere however since I have brought it I have not had chance to use it, in fact I have 2.5 install. So the 2 stage approach I believe is to map the midi in Omnisphere, then to map to those via the Nektar but this is something that still needs to be tested.
Right now i don't even understand the midi learn mode of Omnisphere completely. I must admit i didn't really dig deep into it though.

cheers & thanks for your fast reply.
Attachments
VIP_x64 Remote Info.txt
(244.17 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
regards,
azido

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 May 2018

azido wrote:
18 May 2018
Hey Carly,

of course i can (see attachment)

VIP has it's own midi learn function, which is working nicely in standalone mode (.exe), but can't be used in reason with the vst. Thing is: if it can be mapped, we could change parms of every loaded vst in VIP assigned to the available knobs, faders and buttons in VIP and therefore could also control omnisphere to our likings as long as it's loaded within VIP.

Yes, they have a free 7day-demo here: http://www.akaipro.com/products/new-products/vip
I will have a look at the demo later in the week, looking at the remote file to the mappings they don't match and hence that is more than likely the issue.

Have a go at changing the first few lines of the controls to this

Code: Select all

Map	Ctrl 2		CH1 level
Map	Ctrl 3		CH1 pan
Map	Ctrl 4		CH1 mute
Map	Ctrl 5		CH1 solo
Map	Ctrl 6		CH2 level
Map	Ctrl 7		CH2 pan
Map	Ctrl 8		CH2 mute
Map	Ctrl 9		CH2 solo
Map	Ctrl 10		CH3 level
Map	Ctrl 11		CH3 pan
Map	Ctrl 12		CH3 mute
Map	Ctrl 13		CH3 solo
Map	Ctrl 14		CH4 level
Map	Ctrl 15		CH4 pan
Map	Ctrl 16		CH4 mute
Map	Ctrl 17		CH4 solo
Map	Ctrl 18		CH5 level
Map	Ctrl 19		CH5 pan
Map	Ctrl 20		CH5 mute
Map	Ctrl 21		CH5 solo
Map	Ctrl 22		CH6 level
Map	Ctrl 23		CH6 pan
Map	Ctrl 24		CH6 mute
Map	Ctrl 25		CH6 solo
Map	Ctrl 26		CH7 level
Map	Ctrl 27		CH7 pan
Map	Ctrl 28		CH7 mute
Map	Ctrl 29		CH7 solo
Map	Ctrl 30		CH8 level
Map	Ctrl 31		CH8 pan
Map	Ctrl 32		CH8 mute
Map	Ctrl 33		CH8 solo

I did a quick google and came across this comment, does not mean much to me..
"IMPORTANT: if you use a regular MIDI controller (sending MIDI CC messages with values 0..127) and you want to assign knobs/faders:

In the lower left corner of AKAI VIP, select Mode "Knob". "

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

azido

18 May 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
18 May 2018

I will have a look at the demo later in the week, looking at the remote file to the mappings they don't match and hence that is more than likely the issue.

Have a go at changing the first few lines of the controls to this

Map	Ctrl 2		CH1 level
Map	Ctrl 3		CH1 pan
Map	Ctrl 4		CH1 mute
Map	Ctrl 5		CH1 solo
You're in the right direction here. I can now control part of the "mixer section" of VIP.

Image (The mixer section in VIP)

and this is the display on my P1:

(Note the wrong coloured x-buttons down there, i selected "Faders")

- and it works so far.
I did a quick google and came across this comment, does not mean much to me..
"IMPORTANT: if you use a regular MIDI controller (sending MIDI CC messages with values 0..127) and you want to assign knobs/faders:

In the lower left corner of AKAI VIP, select Mode "Knob". "
I guess they mean this one:

I would really like to control the knobs and buttons on the 3rd picture, as they are already grouped into 8 and can be switched by a bank switch (BANK A TO D) which by default are mapped to standard setups in VIPs own patch mappings.

A side note: in my understanding, reason cannot accept different midi channels / multichannels from one plugin, so it would be kinda useless to map all 8 channels of VIP anyway. Of course that might not be true if one would use different patches from different plugins to generate sound at the same time, though.
regards,
azido

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2018

Just to let you know there have been updates to the maps, I just have not posted about it... Yes I think you are all mind readers....

ES01
Predator 2
Go2
Mars Peaks
Poltergeist
Space synth 102
Space synth 101
Space String
Space Strike

There have been some other updates that I can't remember about.

geronimo

29 Jun 2018

Many thanks .

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2018

Dropbox updated.. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0

New Mapping
ES01
Predator 2
Go2
Mars Peaks
Poltergeist
Space synth 102
Space synth 101
Space String
Space Strike

Mapping Updated
A number changes not documented

New Files Added
None (Individual mapping)

Files updated
Panorama.remotemap
None (Individual mapping)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0

NOTE: The file Panorama(P1).remotemap contains all the mappings talked about on this thread + any that Nektar have released them selves.

This file has to be replace\merged and can be found at:-

Windows: C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar
OSX: //Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/Maps/Nektar

When backing up the existing file, back it up to a totally new directory (there have been issues reported if backing up in place).

Up on the DropBox location there are 3 other directories

Comment Plates
This contains comments for the RE\VST in question (Not a complete list),
it used the free TMA-9 Commentator by Jiggery-Pokery https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... mmentator/

individual Mappings
This contains individual RE maps (Not a complete list)

individual VST Mappings
This contains individual VST Mappings (not a complete list)

PoohBear

T&T's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909

geronimo

03 Jul 2018

:thumbs_up: Many thanks _

LucaB

11 Jul 2018

OMG guys, thank you so much! I´m kind of new to the Panorama Realm and I´m so glad I found this, amazing work! I´m loving the Europa mapping, everything is there! Thanks a lot!
That said, I am having trouble with the "Addictive Keys" mapping (which is better than not having it at all, like in the default mapping). It seems to be a weird vst tho, the "initial patch" sign appears in the Panorama screen, but nothing works, I can't grab any parameter and when I move the Master Volume (9th fader) the control surface crashes, any clues? I only own one of the four available (Mark One) :?:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2018

LucaB wrote:
11 Jul 2018
OMG guys, thank you so much! I´m kind of new to the Panorama Realm and I´m so glad I found this, amazing work! I´m loving the Europa mapping, everything is there! Thanks a lot!
That said, I am having trouble with the "Addictive Keys" mapping (which is better than not having it at all, like in the default mapping). It seems to be a weird vst tho, the "initial patch" sign appears in the Panorama screen, but nothing works, I can't grab any parameter and when I move the Master Volume (9th fader) the control surface crashes, any clues? I only own one of the four available (Mark One) :?:
Can you please export the remote info file and attach it here so I can look at it.

To export the file info.
Add the instrument to Reason,
Then "File" -> "Export Device Remote Info"
Zip it up and attach it to the post.

PoohBear

LucaB

11 Jul 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 Jul 2018
LucaB wrote:
11 Jul 2018
Can you please export the remote info file and attach it here so I can look at it.

To export the file info.
Add the instrument to Reason,
Then "File" -> "Export Device Remote Info"
Zip it up and attach it to the post.

PoohBear

Yeah, for sure. Here it is! :geek:
Addictive Keys Remote Info.7z
(629 Bytes) Downloaded 473 times

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2018

LucaB wrote:
11 Jul 2018
I have made a change to the mapping and uploaded it, should have asked if you are using a P4/P6 or P1 as I have only update the P4/P6 map.

This update might fix the crash (TBH it should not have crashed with the setting that was there it should have just ignored it)..
The rest of the mapping looks good.
I can't test as I don't own the VST.

Regards
PoohBear

okaino

11 Jul 2018

this is awesome
Attachments
MJUC Remote Info.txt.zip
(645 Bytes) Downloaded 445 times
BRITPRESSOR Remote Info.txt.zip
(1018 Bytes) Downloaded 464 times
Last edited by okaino on 13 Jul 2018, edited 2 times in total.

LucaB

11 Jul 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 Jul 2018
LucaB wrote:
11 Jul 2018
I have made a change to the mapping and uploaded it, should have asked if you are using a P4/P6 or P1 as I have only update the P4/P6 map.

This update might fix the crash (TBH it should not have crashed with the setting that was there it should have just ignored it)..
The rest of the mapping looks good.
I can't test as I don't own the VST.

Regards
PoohBear
Great, I've tested it. It doesn't crash anymore when moving the fader, but moving it doesn't change the master volume. And I still can't grab any parameter. I'm using a P6 btw.
But don't worry, I do want to learn about mappings and how to custom one, so I'll start with it! haha

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2018

okaino wrote:
11 Jul 2018
this is awesome
I may have sent you mail as someone else requested these...

Grab maps for these have been added...

BRITPRESSOR
MJUC (This as a grab map should have worked anyway)
SSQ

iramrezso

16 Sep 2018

I downloaded that remote map file and copied it to the proper place. I have a P4. However Reason can't load the mapping as it breaks because of tons of unsopported mapping items.
I've installed lates drivers from Nektar tech site (2017). Could somebody help me?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2018

iramrezso wrote:
16 Sep 2018
I downloaded that remote map file and copied it to the proper place. I have a P4. However Reason can't load the mapping as it breaks because of tons of unsopported mapping items.
I've installed lates drivers from Nektar tech site (2017). Could somebody help me?
What is one of the errors?
check one of the error's is it this line ?
"Map Plugin View Proxy Open Plugin Window Instrument"
usually it's because you don't have the latest LUA codec from Nektar, they added support for the option but you said you have installed that.

iramrezso

16 Sep 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
16 Sep 2018
iramrezso wrote:
16 Sep 2018

What is one of the errors?
check one of the error's is it this line ?
"Map Plugin View Proxy Open Plugin Window Instrument"
usually it's because you don't have the latest LUA codec from Nektar, they added support for the option but you said you have installed that.
I get only thousands of such errors:
Line 55570: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 55572: Map entry with unknown control surface item.

iramrezso

16 Sep 2018

Ignore it. I've re-installed the driver, and now it works.

I can't understand the difference between the Panorama.remote and PanoramaP1.remote files on Dropbox. As far as I see he P1 file is for the P1 controller. But does it contain more mapping than the standard one?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2018

iramrezso wrote:
16 Sep 2018

I can't understand the difference between the Panorama.remote and PanoramaP1.remote files on Dropbox. As far as I see he P1 file is for the P1 controller. But does it contain more mapping than the standard one?
Depends what you are calling standard one.
Panorama.remote P4/P6
PanoramaP1.remote P1
The files nearly contain the same mappings there might be a difference of a couple of maps only.

These files have more than a couple hundred full maps and 2200 grab maps over the maps released by Nektar.

iramrezso

18 Sep 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
16 Sep 2018
iramrezso wrote:
16 Sep 2018

Depends what you are calling standard one.
Panorama.remote P4/P6
PanoramaP1.remote P1
The files nearly contain the same mappings there might be a difference of a couple of maps only.

These files have more than a couple hundred full maps and 2200 grab maps over the maps released by Nektar.
I see. Thanks.

polysix

06 Oct 2018

A warm Hello in the round,

Can someone help me with my Noise Engeneering BASILIMUS remote Map for my Nektar P4?
I have creathe one remote map and no error was displayed. I can connect my Nektar verry well. The default display with knobs are worka fine too. But i nee a page for the Pitch controllers. I can select my Page but there a the same knobs in the default display.

And my second wish ist, who can i create over the x2 button a separte Page to control knobs? I would find it better and faster solved than the menu :puf_smile:

Every help is welcome !

Scope 	Noise Engineering	us.noiseengineering.BI
Define Group	Mode	Instrument	Mixer	Transport	Channel
Define Group	X_Mode	Default	PITCH	
Define Group	ch_Mode	ch_Default	ch_PITCH	
//	Control Surface Item	Key	Remotable Item	Scale	Mode

Map	Mixer Mode		Mode=Mixer
Map	Instrument Mode		Mode=Instrument
Map	Transport Mode		Mode=Transport
Map	Channel Mode		Mode=Channel

Map	Display Default		0			Mixer
Map	Display Default		X_Mode=Default			Instrument		
Map	Instrument Mode		ch_Mode=ch_Default			Instrument	

Map	Menu_Label1		"PITCH"			Instrument

Map	Menu1		X_Mode=PITCH		INST	Instrument	
Map	Menu1_ch		ch_Mode=ch_PITCH			Instrument	

Map	X5_Labeli		"Menu"		MENU	Instrument
Map	X5		0			Instrument

Map	X4_Labeli		" "		MENU_ESC	Instrument
Map	X4		0			Instrument

//Device name that appears on Panorama's dispaly
Map	Device Name		"BASIMILUS"		INST
Map	Patch Name		Device Name			Instrument

//Display buttons
//Map	Fader 9		Volume			Instrument

Map	X1_Labeli		"Mono ON"			Instrument
Map	X1		Polyphony				Instrument	

Map	Page Name		"Default"			Instrument	Default

Map	Name Element 1		"Mode"			Instrument
Map	Name Element 2		"Attack"			Instrument
Map	Name Element 3		"Decay"			Instrument
Map	Name Element 4		"Volume"			Instrument
Map	Name Element 5		"Harmonics"			Instrument
Map	Name Element 6		"Spread"			Instrument
Map	Name Element 7		"Morph"			Instrument
Map	Name Element 8		"Fold"			Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 1		Mode		Name	Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 2		Attack		Name	Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 3		Decay		Name	Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 4		Volume		Name	Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 5		Harmonics		Name	Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 6		Spread		Name	Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 7		Morph		Name	Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 8		Fold		Name	Instrument

Map	Page Name		"PITCH"			Instrument	PITCH
Map	Name Element 1		"Pitch"			Instrument	ch_PITCH
Map	Name Element 2		"Semi"			Instrument	ch_PITCH
Map	Name Element 3		"Cent"			Instrument	ch_PITCH
Map	Ch Knob 1		PITCH: Pitch Octave		NAME	Instrument	ch_PITCH
Map	Ch Knob 2		PITCH: Pitch Semitone	NAME	Instrument	ch_PITCH
Map	Ch Knob 3		PITCH: Pitch Cent		NAME	Instrument	ch_PTICH

illlumen

23 Oct 2018

Hey guys,
I got my P1 today. I am still missing some of my favorite vst plugins to control with the P1.
Is there any chance that you can tell me how to create a remote map that is actually working?
The link in the sticky header seems to be broken so I found this:
http://support.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctyp ... ategory=11
This explains some steps but to me it seems to be incomplete.
Is there any step by step tutorial that I can use to learn programming/writing my own remote maps?
Thanks in advance.
illlumen

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 Oct 2018

illlumen wrote:
23 Oct 2018
Hey guys,
I got my P1 today. I am still missing some of my favorite vst plugins to control with the P1.
Is there any chance that you can tell me how to create a remote map that is actually working?
Is there any step by step tutorial that I can use to learn programming/writing my own remote maps?
Thanks in advance.
illlumen
there is not a tutorial :(
Which maps are you missing ?
and we are here to help.

PoohBear

Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A

illlumen

24 Oct 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
23 Oct 2018
illlumen wrote:
23 Oct 2018
Hey guys,
Thanks in advance.
illlumen
there is not a tutorial :(
Which maps are you missing ?
and we are here to help.

PoohBear

Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
Hey Carly,
at the moment I have 18 Instruments and 30 Effects that I want to prepare for work with my P1.
I've fiddled around with Arp Odyssey. I have copied some code from substractor to get the map working - but I still have problems with the faders not getting recognized.
Is there some kind of Template, where I "only" have to fill in the blank spaces? That would be so helpful.
Something where every single knob, button and fader is already there but as an empty slot - so I could just fill my desired destinations in.
I'd love to share my final results here.
My most used Instruments are u-he Repro-5 | TAL-U-No-LX-V2 | Korg Wavestation | Arturia DX-7 | Arturia CMI V[
The effects FabFilter Pro-Q2 | SoundToys Echoboy | Unfiltered Audio Sandman & SpecOps | Valhalla Vintage Verb

Iggster

24 Oct 2018

Hey Carly,

I'm also struggling with this...

I've updated the firmware via the Nektar website and used your latest mappings file from early July and some VSTs are not behaving as expected. The Nekta website does not make it easy to understand but I think the Nektar firmware is up to date as it includes Europa mappings.

The main one i'm having issues with is Synthmaster which only has a couple of controls mapped to my P4. The patch +/- button is also having no effect on any of the VSTs i'm using including Synthmaster (as well as Hybrid 3, Vacuum Pro) which makes using and auditioning presets on VSTs really tedious.

I've tried remotely mapping by hand but the patch buttons don't seem to be mappable and i've never had any luck using the patch browser buttons on the VST wrapper RE. Surely this is right....

Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

• Information