What is your experience with Propellerhead's support?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Regin

14 Sep 2018

Let there be no doubt. I love Propellerhead Reason, and I’ve been using it since version 2. In the beginning, as a rewire slave, but after Record and the ability to record audio, other DAWs have slowly played a lesser role.

However, last week something went wrong. I did a subscription order where the payment went through without a hitch, but none of the licenses were transferred to my account. This happened Saturday. I wrote to support with the expectation, that they would get back within a reasonable time to fix the issue.

However, now we have Friday, and tomorrow is Saturday again. So far I’ve heard nothing from Propellerhead’s support, and contacting them on Facebook has not changed anything other than the message that they will get back to me a.s.a.p. What that actually means is still not clear.

Needless to say, this does not impress me, and I am slowly beginning to doubt how much Propellerhead actually cares for their customers other than getting the money.

In my experience, it does not seem like they are prioritizing customer support, which I think is a bad move. Because, what is the worth of a product or service, if you can’t get help when something goes horribly wrong?

Just to get a broader perspective, I would like to know what your experience has been with Propellerhead's support?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2018

Always always had good experience with support no matter what the problem.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Regin

14 Sep 2018

MrFigg wrote:
14 Sep 2018
Always always had good experience with support no matter what the problem.
That is good news. I hope my case is an unfortunate event, which doesn't resemble the usual support effort at Propellerhead

Loque

14 Sep 2018

I have mixed experiences. Sometimes they are fast, sometimes incredible slow, sometimes nice, sometimes not so nice. I actually speculate, they have lots of communications because they are in a beta phase of Reason atm, so you are probably not the only one contacting them. But it is a bad experience, if you pay and dont get what you payed for.

I did not tried subscription yet. You already tried to "sync" your devices and they dont appear?
Reason12, Win10

Regin

14 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
14 Sep 2018
You already tried to "sync" your devices and they dont appear?
Yes did all that.

I can't count how many times I've been navigating to my products -> Rack Extensions and clicked the SYNC ALL button, but the licenses just aren't there.

Hopefully, the issue will be solved soon enough.

Made a screen recording that a sent to support as well showing the issue: Navigate to 0:42 to see an attempt to download one of the items.

Loque

14 Sep 2018

Regin wrote:
14 Sep 2018
Loque wrote:
14 Sep 2018
You already tried to "sync" your devices and they dont appear?
Yes did all that.

I can't count how many times I've been navigating to my products -> Rack Extensions and clicked the SYNC ALL button, but the licenses just aren't there.

Hopefully, the issue will be solved soon enough.

Made a screen recording that a sent to support as well showing the issue: Navigate to 0:42 to see an attempt to download one of the items.
You got an email for successfull transaction? Not sure you get this o nsubscription, but i would expect one. Maybe you did not finished the transaction?
Reason12, Win10

Jagwah

14 Sep 2018

Regin wrote:
14 Sep 2018
Let there be no doubt. I love Propellerhead Reason, and I’ve been using it since version 2. In the beginning, as a rewire slave, but after Record and the ability to record audio, other DAWs have slowly played a lesser role.

However, last week something went wrong. I did a subscription order where the payment went through without a hitch, but none of the licenses were transferred to my account. This happened Saturday. I wrote to support with the expectation, that they would get back within a reasonable time to fix the issue.

However, now we have Friday, and tomorrow is Saturday again. So far I’ve heard nothing from Propellerhead’s support, and contacting them on Facebook has not changed anything other than the message that they will get back to me a.s.a.p. What that actually means is still not clear.

Needless to say, this does not impress me, and I am slowly beginning to doubt how much Propellerhead actually cares for their customers other than getting the money.

In my experience, it does not seem like they are prioritizing customer support, which I think is a bad move. Because, what is the worth of a product or service, if you can’t get help when something goes horribly wrong?

Just to get a broader perspective, I would like to know what your experience has been with Propellerhead's support?
They would definitely be concerned with an issue like this where transactions involving your money has some problem. Once they are aware of it I'm sure they will get to it. I'm surprised they didn't get back in that week.

Something is wrong if you don't hear from them soon.

Regin

14 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
14 Sep 2018
You got an email for successfull transaction? Not sure you get this o nsubscription, but i would expect one. Maybe you did not finished the transaction?
Yes, I got an email confirming the payment and the money are no longer on my bank account. The video from the screen is after the confirmation, where you can download the items.

Anyway. I finally got a reply from support that they have received my message and that they will be looking into the matter. The next question is how long it will take them before they have solved the problem at hand. Hopefully not another week.

Oquasec

14 Sep 2018

Very good support for the last 8 years.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

aeox
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2018

Always good here

miscend

15 Sep 2018

Maybe they are overwhelmed with work? It’s about time they hired full time customer service and support staff.

Regin

15 Sep 2018

Happy ending. Friday afternoon my issue was resolved. However, I hope this doesn't happen again.

Data_Shrine

15 Sep 2018

I contacted them only twice. One was a good experience, the other, a bit dry. Maybe he was in a bad mood or not all of their staff are completely at ease with english. So I guess it depends.

GRIFTY

15 Sep 2018

I have had pretty unanimously poor support from them every time I've contacted them

Loque

16 Sep 2018

Regin wrote:
15 Sep 2018
Happy ending. Friday afternoon my issue was resolved. However, I hope this doesn't happen again.
Good news. Any details about the problem to help others?
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

16 Sep 2018

i think it really depends. Sometimes il have small conversations via FB with stefan. he's really cool. but other times, such as when i first installed reason (the RE folder was installed somewhere where it shouldn't) they were very vague with their help. but a lot of the stuff that i have run into is usually an easy fix, most of the time its user error on my part. but all in all, they are helpful. i do wish they had a team for making videos on their products. they like to make videos at the release of the product.. but even thor and malstrom have features that aren't really talked about. Europa has a nice easter egg in it that i found. at least the videos they make are very legit, i just hope to see them show off their products even more
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Regin

16 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
16 Sep 2018
No I don't know what happened, and Propellerhead isn't sure either. In short, they told me that they didn't know what had gone wrong, but would dig into it in order to make sure that it wont happen again.
Last edited by Regin on 17 Sep 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

16 Sep 2018

Regin wrote:
16 Sep 2018
Loque wrote:
16 Sep 2018
No I don't know what happened, and Propellerhead isn't sure either. You can see the answer below from support.
I've been looking at your case with the IT department and whilst we don't have an immediate answer as to why you weren't initially able to download your subscription upgrade we are very much trying to get to the bottom of it and make sure it doesn't happen again.

For today we've removed all restrictions on your large subscription package which means you should be able to download it now.

Please let me know if there are any problems with this
Thanks for sharing the answer. Next time, please read the disclaimer at the bottom, which i think contains the following:
...this communication is to be treated as confidential...
Reason12, Win10

napynap

17 Sep 2018

Great customer service should be the corner stone of any business. I hope Props makes this their highest priority.
visit http://www.napynap.com to learn more about me. Thank you.

Regin

17 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
16 Sep 2018

Thanks for sharing the answer. Next time, please read the disclaimer at the bottom, which i think contains the following:
...this communication is to be treated as confidential...
Thanks for pointing that out. I have removed my quote from support.

dvdrtldg

18 Sep 2018

Oquasec wrote:
14 Sep 2018
Very good support for the last 8 years.
Same here. 8 years, excellent customer support

Moderndaydavid

24 Sep 2018

No issues! I felt the same way until I realized they respond via your account in their site. They do not send email response to your private email address.

FutureSomeday

25 Sep 2018

I've personally had no problems with them, and I've contacted them a handful of times over the years both for technical support and support related to the web shop. I found they typically get back to you in about a day or so with an answer or a helpful link.
http://www.likenoorange.com/
Like No Orange - Premium Sound Sets and ReFills

Karim
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2018

Super kind and solves all my (rare) issues pretty fast. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: ;)
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

dezma

26 Sep 2018

Went from okay several years ago to simply terrible now. Last time I had to chat on facebook to get an update on a bug, logged 3 weeks earlier.

I also don't understand their roadmap any more. Basic functionality such as wav file drag and drop into VST eg for (drum)samplers is missing for over a year now. Why on earth focus on new synths and samples while we still need a full VST host to be able to do simple things. Isn't the whole point of VST support that you don't need another host any more? I guess functionality looks less appealing as opposed to new content marketing - wise. R10 is the first upgrade I skipped since R4.

Also the email spam is kind of annoying.

• Information