The Future Sound of London have made a synth

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Aosta

09 Sep 2018

Tend the flame

Faastwalker

09 Sep 2018

Aosta wrote:
09 Sep 2018
And it is weird and wonderful! :D

https://www.fsoldigital.com/product/fso ... r-deposit/
This has been in the pipeline for a while. I think it started off as a direct VCS-3 clone. Looks like they've scaled it back a little from that (Was it originally going to have the patch matrix?). Sounds great from the demos. Would love to check one out. 3,500 pounds though? Ouch!

Hauser+Quaid

12 Sep 2018

£3500?! Does it cook my breakfast as well? I don't mind paying for quality, but wow. There are so many capable analogue synths on the market these days, I couldn't imagine spending that kind of money on this. Sounds great, but I dunno.

Faastwalker

13 Sep 2018

Hauser+Quaid wrote:
12 Sep 2018
£3500?! Does it cook my breakfast as well? I don't mind paying for quality, but wow. There are so many capable analogue synths on the market these days, I couldn't imagine spending that kind of money on this. Sounds great, but I dunno.
Original VSC3's in good working order are probably not easy to come by these days. But last I checked they were around this price .......... so probably go 5,000+ now! But in this day & age it's a hard sell. 3,500 gets you a lot of synth these days. Or maybe a very nice Eurorack set-up. Be interesting to build a Eurorack set-up that has similar sections as the FSOL VCS3. I bet you could build it cheaper, sound fantastic & be more flexible in sound capability & patching options. The FSOL synth looks like a seriously boutique instrument. Then again, FSOL do tend to be a bit up their own assholes.

xylyx

14 Sep 2018

Hauser+Quaid wrote:
12 Sep 2018
That's £3500 + VAT, so you'll be paying £4200 unless you have a way of getting the VAT back :shock:

Hauser+Quaid

17 Sep 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
13 Sep 2018
But in this day & age it's a hard sell. 3,500 gets you a lot of synth these days. Or maybe a very nice Eurorack set-up. Be interesting to build a Eurorack set-up that has similar sections as the FSOL VCS3. I bet you could build it cheaper, sound fantastic & be more flexible in sound capability & patching options. The FSOL synth looks like a seriously boutique instrument. Then again, FSOL do tend to be a bit up their own assholes.
Yeah I guess that's kinda what I was getting at. I mean I understand how market prices work and I'm sure it's a great synth, it's just a really REALLY hard sell to me these days with everything else available now. There are some tremendous synths going around. But hey, I'll chalk this one up to "not for me".

Marco Raaphorst

18 Sep 2018

price is insane

• Information