Kuassa Amplifikation Caliburn is in The Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dimi

01 Sep 2018

Hi guys, Dimi here :)
I should have posted the thread here instead at VST section :mrgreen:

Our new Amp is in The Shop:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... uitar-amp/

Just finished a Reason project for you guys to test and play with the amp :)
It contains the drums track, bass track, and left - right rhythm guitars recorded with LP guitar.
Solo guitar track and additional middle section guitar.
Using only the new Caliburn amp and Reason stock FX

Please don't forget to lower the master compressor gain to -2,50 -3.00 dB
Before playing the project!

You can download it here:
http://nalbantov.com/files/Caliburn_800_900_Power.zip
:re:

Post your expirience here !
Cheers,
Dimi
Last edited by dimi on 02 Sep 2018, edited 1 time in total.

mbfrancis

01 Sep 2018

Woah. I'm glad I haven;t splurged on the sale yet because this is exactly what I've been looking for - I still go to Guitar Rig for Marshall stuff (w/ my SG). I'd love to hear what our resident guitarists think of this.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

michal22

02 Sep 2018

I really like your products and I have most of them, but I think that setting the microphone position with the knobs is inelegant today. :) This should be done using the display and newer SDK, axis and distance in one move, not separately. But next yours great product in good price and great sound in video at the top of the website. :)
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

Marco Raaphorst

03 Sep 2018

interesting!!!

dimi

03 Sep 2018

Thanks guys! Post your samples - tracks here :puf_smile:

Marco Raaphorst

03 Sep 2018

Amp 2 and 3 have huge volume difference when switching between channel 1 and 2.

Marco Raaphorst

03 Sep 2018

IS there a manual available for it? can't find at https://www.kuassa.com/products/amplifikation-caliburn/

and can we buy RE/VST in one package?

dimi

03 Sep 2018

Here you can find the manual https://www.kuassa.com/downloads/ its on the Additional Files column :)
For bundles please write to the support email
Dimi

dimi

03 Sep 2018

How I build my lead guitar tone from scratch.

In the meantime assembling the project in Reason 9
and going to upload it for download

I'm switching - changing microphones and the position over the speaker to achieve the best result without using any additional DAW EQ and filtering. The goal is to get the best tone from the cabinet and to avoid the maxima " We will fix it later in the mix". :oops:

Learn your amp!
Move the mics around, you will hear in the video how moving the mic closer makes the guitar focused and sharp with more low end, moving farther away will reduce the overall bass response and will change the overall 3D space of the tone. You can bring the solo up in the mix or push it back just using the microphones .

Best,
Dimi
:puf_smile:

dimi

04 Sep 2018

Guys, you can download the backing track and the tone from this demo video here.
Its a nice dirty blues dynamic tone and great place to start jamming with :)
Dimi

http://nalbantov.com/files/Jeff_Blues_From_Video.zip

jfrichards

04 Sep 2018

Thanks guys, the sound of 1969, the year millions were in the street to change the world, and did. Let's do it again.

dimi

05 Sep 2018

Guys, here is another tone with jtm45 and Strat Guitar.
Settings are on the screen :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2018

Jrrshop has VST for $31.50 (about €27) if anyone’s interested. Discount once added to cart.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mbfrancis

08 Sep 2018

jfrichards wrote:
04 Sep 2018
Thanks guys, the sound of 1969, the year millions were in the street to change the world, and did. Let's do it again.
So John, is this thumbs up from you? Hoping to hear your and Marco's take on this thing.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

dimi

08 Sep 2018

it was a lot of fun making this one! :)
Download the combinator here:
nalbantov.com/files/ac/AC_BACK.zip

Guitar Only

Cheers,
Dimi

“People ask me how I got [AC/DC guitarist] Angus Young's guitar sound, and I reply, ‘You need a Marshall amp, a Marshall cabinet, a Gibson SG Standard, and Angus!' That's where it comes from, it's generated from the player.

“I did learn that Marshall amplifiers do that sound best. No one else has come up with anything quite like them. You have to know what you are doing. If you don't get the right combination of guitar, player, head, and cabinet, you can spend hours not quite getting it.” Tony Platt
Last edited by dimi on 09 Sep 2018, edited 2 times in total.

Marco Raaphorst

09 Sep 2018

I feel that the slogan "Our Most Realistic Amp Simulator" is not so wisely chosen. If you're not a Marshall type you might not be interested Caliburn, but this makes you feel the other ones Creme and Vermillion are lacking in realism.

mbfrancis

09 Sep 2018

Hey Dimi, speaking for myself, I would really prefer if you made all your patched *before* you released the device and added them in the RE Caliburn folder. I hate downloading and filing individual patches...so do I have to follow this thread forever to get updated patches? Why not update the RE? Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way...

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
09 Sep 2018
I feel that the slogan "Our Most Realistic Amp Simulator" is not so wisely chosen. If you're not a Marshall type you might not be interested Caliburn, but this makes you feel the other ones Creme and Vermillion are lacking in realism.
Haha, well I already like Vernmillion and Creme, so that's OK, I don't mind the marketing. But .... you thought it was pretty good for a Marshall? Right now I'm using Guitar Rig free when I need a Marshall w my SG.

dimi

10 Sep 2018

mbfrancis wrote:
09 Sep 2018
Hey Dimi, speaking for myself, I would really prefer if you made all your patched *before* you released the device and added them in the RE Caliburn folder. I hate downloading and filing individual patches...so do I have to follow this thread forever to get updated patches? Why not update the RE? Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way...
I'm making this tone after the official release cause I'm waiting for the amp to be finished and released.
If you guys prefer, I will collect them over the time and will release it as a pack :)

Cheers,
Dimi

esselfortium

10 Sep 2018

I agree that it'd be best to have the new patches added to the REs' included sets in updates.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Marco Raaphorst

10 Sep 2018

mbfrancis wrote:
09 Sep 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
09 Sep 2018
Haha, well I already like Vernmillion and Creme, so that's OK, I don't mind the marketing. But .... you thought it was pretty good for a Marshall? Right now I'm using Guitar Rig free when I need a Marshall w my SG.
I still own a Studio 15, the best Marshall ever. Best for recording also, since it is so small. Recently I started to use the unfiltered outputs of my Palmer PDI-03 again with Celestion IRs.

I have too much stuff already but Caliburn seems to be great. Good attack and satisfying tones even when using my super critical Sennheiser HD600 headphones.

mbfrancis

10 Sep 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
10 Sep 2018
I still own a Studio 15, the best Marshall ever. Best for recording also, since it is so small. Recently I started to use the unfiltered outputs of my Palmer PDI-03 again with Celestion IRs.

I have too much stuff already but Caliburn seems to be great. Good attack and satisfying tones even when using my super critical Sennheiser HD600 headphones.
Thanks Marco...that helps a lot. I like the sound, too. No, it's not the real thing, but what is ha.

dimi

16 Sep 2018

• Information