Propellerhead's priorities

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Loque

06 Sep 2018

deepndark wrote:
06 Sep 2018
By the way, a tin foil hat doesn't help, because the tin-foil needs to cover your whole body, only then it works. LOL
You just need the right hat. I prefer this one:

ezgif.com-optimize.gif
ezgif.com-optimize.gif (931.08 KiB) Viewed 2319 times
Reason12, Win10

chimp_spanner

06 Sep 2018

That movie is amazing.

“Suck...suck...SUCK...S U C K”

EnochLight

06 Sep 2018

LUDICROUS SPEED - GO!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

jlgrimes

06 Sep 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
06 Sep 2018
That movie is amazing.

“Suck...suck...SUCK...S U C K”
I remember liking that movie when I was a kid. Its been a long time since I saw it.

ast3rix

07 Sep 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
06 Sep 2018
antic604 wrote:
06 Sep 2018
Having said that, you ignored the part about "milking the current Reason software in more or less unchanged form to finance the development of mobile platform" so that's intriguing... j/k :lol:
Dang he dropped the mic and walked away slow...

Loque

07 Sep 2018

ast3rix wrote:
07 Sep 2018
MattiasHG wrote:
06 Sep 2018

Dang he dropped the mic and walked away slow...
:lol:
Bam!
Reason12, Win10

aeox
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2018

EnochLight wrote:
05 Sep 2018
QVprod wrote:
05 Sep 2018
I see where our philosophies differ. You buy software with the hope that it adds features you want in the future. I buy a product because I like it as is. I buy upgrades if they add more value to what’s already there. If not, the current version I own will continue to do what I bought it to do.
My philosophy tends to be that of QVprod as well. I think this may be why I come off the way I do to some of the more vocal critics.
This :thumbs_up:

INFEKT

07 Sep 2018

I will switch to Ableton for now. Maybe I will use ReWire, because I still like Malström and Grain too much.

At least it feels like a DAW that actually runs well on Mac

Troublemecca

07 Sep 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
INFEKT wrote:
30 Aug 2018
Then maybe they don't realize how big of an issue this is and they need to put more people on to it. When you sell expensive software for professional use, which people depend on for their work and income, the product not working as intended should be your top priority. I haven't been able to work with Reason properly for the last half year or more, which is definitely not a reasonable time to take to fix a major issue like this.
Just to give some background, "putting more people on it" doesn't always work. For example, our mobile team is completely separate from Reason R&D — mobile development is different from Reason development so there's very little overlap in people. Additionally, the way we need to adress performance issues require a small team with a specific skill set due to it all being connected under the hood and touching the same part of the codes. Adding extra people to that work actually wouldn't speed it up, it's inefficient and risky.

Because of this, we prefer to release the other things we've got brewing as free updates as we believe they're still useful and appreciated by Reason users.

Hope that gave you some background info!
Windows user here, thank you for these updates, I appreciate all of you! Please get this Mac guy his 4k compatibility ASAP so he can be as happy as I am!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Zac

07 Sep 2018

I hope it wasnt on this forum that i read this...

But expecting 9 pregnant women to produce a baby in 1 month isn't going to happen

EnochLight

08 Sep 2018

Zac wrote:
07 Sep 2018

But expecting 9 pregnant women to produce a baby in 1 month isn't going to happen
Do pregnant women make you uncomfortable? :lol: Anyway, the actual post was:
At some point they asked us to parallelize a bunch of tasks to what i said "Well, you can parallelize to a certain point but there's a limit! You can't have 9 pregnant woman and expect a baby in one month..."
This anecdotal story makes sense, IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Zac

08 Sep 2018

EnochLight wrote:
08 Sep 2018
Zac wrote:
07 Sep 2018

Do pregnant women make you uncomfortable? :lol: Anyway, the actual post was:
At some point they asked us to parallelize a bunch of tasks to what i said "Well, you can parallelize to a certain point but there's a limit! You can't have 9 pregnant woman and expect a baby in one month..."
This anecdotal story makes sense, IMHO.
Thanks Dylan. I do get confused and yes 9 pregnant women would make me feel rather surrounded. Especially if they were all expecting to produce their progeny in a month.

antic604

08 Sep 2018

Zac wrote:
07 Sep 2018

Well, the problem is they should've gotten pregnant long time ago :)

Zac

08 Sep 2018

antic604 wrote:
08 Sep 2018
Zac wrote:
07 Sep 2018

Dude I'm just a middle man here... MattiasHG and his seven wifes are the ones to bother. And their seven sons. And their sons. And maybe then their wifes. It's a long story.

two shoes

08 Sep 2018

you could all try what i've been doing - buying up the whole damn shop so Props will feel flush and successful and give me what I want. i'm personally funding the addition of midi output for VSTs all by myself! :redface:

two shoes

08 Sep 2018

antic604 wrote:
05 Sep 2018
kitekrazy wrote:
04 Sep 2018
Workflow improvements only attract the current user. To get new users you usually have to throw in some free stuff. Sometimes that lures the former user.
I was a "new user" a year ago and this is a double-edged sword: sure, I was lured in by Europa and Grain, but very dissapointed few weeks in with the lack of basic workflow features I've assumed to be there, because they're in every other DAW.

Get the basic right, then let's talk about new features.
This is pretty much me as well though I started in February so a little more recently. I was also shocked and disappointed by the lack of what I thought were very basic editing and workflow features once I got into Reason, but I also fell in love with the rack and the SSL mixer. My workaround at the moment is to find an interesting chord progression/lead/bassline using midi compositional aides in Reaper, move that midi into Reason to create sounds I like and add drums in the rack, import everything back to Reaper where I do most of the audio and midi editing, then finally back to Reason for automation and final mixdown in the SSL.

So for anything I'm actually "finishing" I have to move all my audio and midi back and forth between Reason and Reaper at least three times. For me Reason's strengths are the creative environment provided by the rack and the SSL mixer (from which I consistently get mixes I like better than Reaper or Live's mixers). For me its biggest weaknesses are the lack of midi ouput from VSTs and outdated automation and audio/midi editing features. As soon as they add midi out for VSTs I will probably try moving completely to Reason, but I'm really hoping for a major sequencer update in Reason 11 as well.

EnochLight

09 Sep 2018

Zac wrote:
08 Sep 2018
Thanks Dylan. I do get confused and yes 9 pregnant women would make me feel rather surrounded. Especially if they were all expecting to produce their progeny in a month.
No problem, Zac! Just wanted to make sure you're OK. I realize pregnant ladies can overwhelm the uninitiated. :lol:

Zac

10 Sep 2018

Double post
Last edited by Zac on 10 Sep 2018, edited 2 times in total.

Zac

10 Sep 2018

Zac wrote:
10 Sep 2018
EnochLight wrote:
09 Sep 2018

No problem, Zac! Just wanted to make sure you're OK. I realize pregnant ladies can overwhelm the uninitiated. :lol:
I'm pretty, pretty, pretty-good, I got gifted the R10 update! Roll on the 26th!

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

10 Sep 2018

Zac wrote:
08 Sep 2018
antic604 wrote:
08 Sep 2018

Dude I'm just a middle man here... MattiasHG and his seven wifes are the ones to bother. And their seven sons. And their sons. And maybe then their wifes. It's a long story.

EpiGenetik

10 Sep 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
10 Sep 2018
Zac wrote:
08 Sep 2018

TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

EnochLight

10 Sep 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
10 Sep 2018
True story: my wife just saw an all-girl tribute band called "The Iron Maidens" a couple of months ago. :lol:

https://www.theironmaidens.com/

• Information