Discuss VST stuff here!
sleep1979

02 Jun 2018

joeyluck wrote:
01 Jun 2018
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
01 Jun 2018

Mac 10.11.6

Crashed once. But it's behaving very badly on my system.
Ok. I have a support ticket going with them and they are already following up on what I am experiencing.

what do you think of them joe honest truth

sleep1979

02 Jun 2018

esselfortium wrote:
01 Jun 2018
sleep1979 wrote:
01 Jun 2018

are they better than euphonic strings ?
I don't care for Euphonic Strings at all, and after revisiting it since the Softphonics fiasco happened, I'm starting to have questions about its legitimacy as a product.

Spitfire's strings are all very good, and their larger (pricier) releases are probably some of the best on the market. This completely free set probably isn't a very deep collection but I'm sure what is in there will sound great. And it's hard to beat the price :thumbs_up:

did you try them yet ?

joeyluck

03 Jun 2018

sleep1979 wrote:
02 Jun 2018
joeyluck wrote:
01 Jun 2018

Ok. I have a support ticket going with them and they are already following up on what I am experiencing.

I think they're good. I really like the soft piano. It's definitely worth checking out, especially since they aim to release something new each month.

sleep1979

03 Jun 2018

joeyluck wrote:
03 Jun 2018
sleep1979 wrote:
02 Jun 2018

I think they're good. I really like the soft piano. It's definitely worth checking out, especially since they aim to release something new each month.

did you notice the piano notes are a bit short when holding down the sustain pedal ? its ok but it cant beat my xln audio upright which i can edit to be soft , strings are proper nice though

miscend

24 Aug 2018

They just anounced another new one. An epiano.

ltbrunt00

24 Aug 2018

I use a lot of spitfire products. If you like the labs you should look at some of their other products like MASSE, London Contemporary Orchestra, any of the swarms or Albion products. You may want to wait for the sales. Their biggest and best sale is usually be between Thanks giving and christmas.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Sprockhead

12 Sep 2018

Hi guys! I tried writing a new piano piece and decided to use the free Soft Piano. I really like the sound of the piano even though some samples had a few noises I had to edit to get rid off. But it's cool to see what you can get for free nowadays.
Feel free to check it out below!

joeyluck

20 Sep 2018

Sprockhead wrote:
12 Sep 2018
Hi guys! I tried writing a new piano piece and decided to use the free Soft Piano. I really like the sound of the piano even though some samples had a few noises I had to edit to get rid off. But it's cool to see what you can get for free nowadays.
Feel free to check it out below!

Sounds great!

Yeah I've also noticed a few notes at different velocities respond a bit differently; having a small amount of lag here or there. Was thinking about reporting some of it... I have a ticket going now for another issue where when you open the VST window in Reason, the volume of the plugin gets set to zero. Not sure if others have the same problem or if it is just macOS related...

joeyluck

20 Sep 2018

They just released another: Charango

Apparently based on a library that inspired its creators to start Spitfire Audio
This charango — an Andean guitar-like instrument — was recorded back in 2006 by Christian Henson on a KM184 mic in his Soho flat, played by his brother Joe. This was the instrument that inspired Christian and Paul to create Spitfire Audio.

Przemyslaw

22 Sep 2018

Great but not in 440Hz tune.

Przemyslaw

01 Nov 2018

This time absolutely great and free Choir from Spitfire LABS.
info:
In June 2017, we sampled the exceptional Eric Whitacre Singers at Air Studios, London, to create our first ever choir library, curated and conducted by Eric Whitacre. LABS Choir features ever-changing choral samples, created by combining three evolutions from this epic vocal encyclopaedia — the textures weave in and out of each other and evolve constantly as you play, offering you endless inspiration.

Worth to check

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/labs/

terra32h

01 Nov 2018

I really love this plugin. Unfortunately, I made the update ( the choir thing) and now when I open a project I was working on before the update ( which uses Spitfire instruments) and hit the 'play' button it says that the Spitfire VST has crashed.

joeyluck

01 Nov 2018

terra32h wrote:
01 Nov 2018
I really love this plugin. Unfortunately, I made the update ( the choir thing) and now when I open a project I was working on before the update ( which uses Spitfire instruments) and hit the 'play' button it says that the Spitfire VST has crashed.
I have a report going with them. For me on macOS, whenever I open the VST window, the volume gets set to 0. Also, the mod wheel doesn't always match the slider in which it is assigned. They said they are in touch with Propellerhead about these since they don't occur in other DAWs tested using the same version of the plugin.

I'm updating now and getting the Choir, so will check this when I do.

joeyluck

01 Nov 2018

joeyluck wrote:
01 Nov 2018
terra32h wrote:
01 Nov 2018
I have a report going with them. For me on macOS, whenever I open the VST window, the volume gets set to 0. Also, the mod wheel doesn't always match the slider in which it is assigned. They said they are in touch with Propellerhead about these since they don't occur in other DAWs tested using the same version of the plugin.

I'm updating now and getting the Choir, so will check this when I do.
Ok, so seems as if the bugs I reported have been fixed with this update. And I'm not experiencing any crashes yet.

Bumblebee

02 Nov 2018

OO nice. By the way, if there's no x64 dll's you can just use Jbdridger and bridge those x32 dll's into x64. Works flawlessly.

joeyluck

02 Nov 2018

Bumblebee wrote:
02 Nov 2018
OO nice. By the way, if there's no x64 dll's you can just use Jbdridger and bridge those x32 dll's into x64. Works flawlessly.
They are available as VST 2.4, 64-bit

tibah

22 Dec 2018

Frozen Strings is simply great!

joeyluck

05 Mar 2019

Two more since I last checked:

The modular piano is great for fans of Rad Piano.
The Peel Guitar is great for playing Stairway to Heaven :puf_smile: and indie rock vibes.
Great sounds :thumbs_up:

Modular Piano:

Peep Guitar:

challism

18 Mar 2019

I downloaded all 11 of them last night. Haven't had time to play much yet, but what I have played with has sounded really good. I particularly like the Amp Cello and Frozen Strings. Haven't noticed any bugs yet. Using Windows 7 Reason 10.2
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

joeyluck

18 Mar 2019

challism wrote:
18 Mar 2019
I downloaded all 11 of them last night. Haven't had time to play much yet, but what I have played with has sounded really good. I particularly like the Amp Cello and Frozen Strings. Haven't noticed any bugs yet. Using Windows 7 Reason 10.2
Yeah all of the bugs I had reported have been squashed :puf_smile:

challism

19 Mar 2019

joeyluck wrote:
18 Mar 2019
challism wrote:
18 Mar 2019
Yeah all of the bugs I had reported have been squashed :puf_smile:
That's great they are so responsive and quick to fix bugs. Even on free devices!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information