Rewards!!!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
QVprod

22 Jul 2018

sinnerfire wrote:
22 Jul 2018
Catblack wrote:I think they should have put a few things into their rewards shop that were in the $40-60 range. Something that people could have reached for when the program started in order to generate some positive buzz about it.
Exactly my thoughts, I’m a loyal customer since Reason 1 so I was over the moon about getting 50 points but when I realised that I would have to invest £40 to redeem them, suddenly my reward felt like a poke in the eye.

All this talk about people moaning is starting to annoy me as well, this is a public discussion about a product that we all dearly love and I don’t appreciate people telling us to be quiet because we have a different opinion to them.
I think there's a difference between suggesting how something can be better or even expressing displeasure and moaning. Catblack's post for example. Even yours.

That said, I do agree the rewards system could use refinement as far as products available. There should also be higher point vouchers. Like any other company's rewards, it obviously benefits frequent buyers the most.

Undistraction

23 Jul 2018

All this talk about people moaning is starting to annoy me as well, this is a public discussion about a product that we all dearly love and I don’t appreciate people telling us to be quiet because we have a different opinion to them.
It's true. There seems to be a group of users who shout down people that complain. Of which there seem to be more and more. It sometime feels like this is a fan forum rather than a user forum.

It's a shame as it prevents constructive conversation about Reason and Propellerhead's genuine failings, of which there are many. The fact that so many threads deteriorate into complaints is at least partly a reflections of users' current dissatisfaction with the state of play. Sure there are some over-entitled moaners out there, but welcome to the modern world.

As long as people keep it civil, a complaint is just as valid as a complement.

sinnerfire

23 Jul 2018

Undistraction wrote:
It's true. There seems to be a group of users who shout down people that complain. Of which there seem to be more and more. It sometime feels like this is a fan forum rather than a user forum.

It's a shame as it prevents constructive conversation about Reason and Propellerhead's genuine failings, of which there are many. The fact that so many threads deteriorate into complaints is at least partly a reflections of users' current dissatisfaction with the state of play. Sure there are some over-entitled moaners out there, but welcome to the modern world.

As long as people keep it civil, a complaint is just as valid as a complement.
Exactly my thoughts, thank you [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://drumandbassasylum.com/ Free Samples + Presets for Reason.

Zac

27 Jul 2018

Here's (pointlessly) hoping that next week there will be a reward designated Re i would like and can buy fully with my generous 50 points.

Zac

01 Aug 2018

Ok. I don't care what anyone says. This feels like a slap in the face to me.

Loque

01 Aug 2018

Zac wrote:
01 Aug 2018
The rewards on PH made me check my rewards on other platforms and you know what? I can grab some stuff for free and my invest for that was so freaking low...
Reason12, Win10

Zac

01 Aug 2018

Loque wrote:
01 Aug 2018
Zac wrote:
01 Aug 2018
The rewards on PH made me check my rewards on other platforms and you know what? I can grab some stuff for free and my invest for that was so freaking low...
Like i said. I don't care. Having £50 to redeem and a minimum price of £89 to redeem it against feels like a slap in the face to me. It's not a reward it's a buy more for less. A long term sale on a very limited line of products.

If my 50 points can buy me something completely then that will be a reward in my eyes. I don't care what anyone else feels. This is how i feel. Entitled? I don't care what you think.

Resonator

01 Aug 2018

Zac

01 Aug 2018

Resonator wrote:
01 Aug 2018
I still don't care what you think.

My 50 points cf what's available = slap in face for me

Mr. Watts

01 Aug 2018

Although I will probably use the Rewards to buy Umpf at some point, "Rewards" does feel more like a money grab than a reward. I think this could be a great opportunity to get customers interested in other products and developers they wouldn't normally be interested in. I feel that a better idea would be to also feature (lower priced) items that are part of a bigger bundle such as the Kuassa Efektor bundle, and offer upgrades to the whole bundle. This way the customer feels like he is actually getting a reward rather than still having to pay to get his "reward" and the Props and developers still potentially get something out of it.

joeyluck

01 Aug 2018

I don't know how the rewards program works behind the scenes and how they can choose what products are featured in the rewards store. There isn't much in the rewards store that I don't already have. I don't have Tube-Tech, but I don't have a need or want for that. We'll see what they add in the future...

Perhaps those here that are sour about it are simply those who are looking to spend what points they were gifted now on what is available today? Instead of entertaining the idea that something cheaper might be featured in the future, or that something new in general might be added at some point that you really want, or just thinking about revisiting after the accruement of more points...

For me, I'll just be patient and revisit the rewards store every now and then to see what is added later. I'll see what I might consider picking up as I accrue more points. In other words, I don't feel a need to burn a hole in my rewards pocket today. I don't see the point in expressing my displeasure beyond saying that there isn't anything in the shop currently that I want or that my points can afford.

The program seems great to me! We didn't have it before and now we have it. You get points for buying things and you can use those points to get more things. And I have been given points already in which I can add more points. Seems pretty simple and well implemented.

Now for me, it's just about exercising some patience and maybe a little excitement over the idea of what might be added at any point. Much the same as my hopefulness for something to go on sale... and in those cases of course, you can also cue all the people that declare the end of days when something I want is heavily discounted. Some people can have some pretty creative responses to sales, coupons, rewards programs, etc. All I know is I didn't get an email requesting a monthly fee to be a part of an exclusive rewards program, so I'm good. I was just given some points and a rewards store was introduced. Looking forward to seeing what is added in the future!

PGR

02 Aug 2018

Zac wrote:
01 Aug 2018
Loque wrote:
01 Aug 2018
I don't care what anyone else feels. This is how i feel. Entitled? I don't care what you think.
If I had to choose a quote that summarizes the western world and its world of ideas, I would choose this.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2018

joeyluck wrote:
01 Aug 2018

Now for me, it's just about exercising some patience and maybe a little excitement over the idea of what might be added at any point. Much the same as my hopefulness for something to go on sale...
I just hope that if things go on sale that are in the reward store and still available in the reward store...

Rewards could work well if PH have their head screwed on about it, i.e. with the Reason 10 upgrade they could have offered people a few more reward points if they already had Radical Piano etc.

As for people being sour that is for 2 main reasons, here is a reward program with up to 50 points now

1) there is nothing in the reward store they want or already have.

2) Carrot on a stick time, you have to stick your hand into your pocket if you want to use your reward.

So far not rewarding.... But like Joey playing the waiting game..

Purely speculation, there is a shop with only a few items in it, most rewards programs are open to the whole shop, so I wonder if being in this reward shop has a knock on effect to dev's in the shop?

Faastwalker

02 Aug 2018

......... is their likely to be more than 13 items on the Rewards page any time soon?

Currently I feel like I've got currency in a place that doesn't have anything for sale.

joeyluck

02 Aug 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
02 Aug 2018
......... is their likely to be more than 13 items on the Rewards page any time soon?

Currently I feel like I've got currency in a place that doesn't have anything for sale.
Yeah...9 more...22 now :D
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rewards/

jam-s

02 Aug 2018

My view on the rewards programme will be determined by the way sales are handled:

If a product that is on sale in the regular store does not go on sale (with the same discount) in the rewards store as well, I'll not be particulary satisfied.

Also as Carly said: People who already had radical pianos before upgrading to Reason 10 should have gotten some extra credits (20 to 50 would have been fair, I suppose)

joeyluck

02 Aug 2018

jam-s wrote:
02 Aug 2018
My view on the rewards programme will be determined by the way sales are handled:

If a product that is on sale in the regular store does not go on sale (with the same discount) in the rewards store as well, I'll not be particulary satisfied.

Also as Carly said: People who already had radical pianos before upgrading to Reason 10 should have gotten some extra credits (20 to 50 would have been fair, I suppose)
I would think that would leave much less incentive for third party developers to include their products in the rewards shop. I don't know how the arrangement now is made... But if you're a developer, you might place a certain one of your products in the rewards shop knowing you might earn something from it. I don't know if they earn anything from purchases made with points alone... I would guess not. But ultimately, having something in the rewards shop (which someone could eventually get for "free" by accruing enough points, is also incentivizing customers to buy other stuff in the regular shop to get to that level). So there are chances those point-earning sales make it into those developers' pockets. And from what I understand, you still get some points for buying items that are on sale in the regular shop.

And when you place something on sale, you're also doing so in hopes to earn something from it vs. effectively making it 'free' for many users. I know if I was a third party developer, I wouldn't be placing something in the rewards shop on day one that I know most people could grab for free with the points they were so recently given, unless of course I was planning and able to give something away for free.

Zac

02 Aug 2018

PGR wrote:
02 Aug 2018
Zac wrote:
01 Aug 2018

I don't care what anyone else feels. This is how i feel. Entitled? I don't care what you think.
If I had to choose a quote that summarizes the western world and its world of ideas, I would choose this.
I hear you and it is shameful. The only excuse i can offer is that I'm the product of the western world. But, i guess so are you. So not much of an excuse.

Glad to see the additions to the rewards shop.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2018

joeyluck wrote:
02 Aug 2018
jam-s wrote:
02 Aug 2018

I would think that would leave much less incentive for third party developers to include their products in the rewards shop. I don't know how the arrangement now is made... But if you're a developer, you might place a certain one of your products in the rewards shop knowing you might earn something from it. I don't know if they earn anything from purchases made with points alone... I would guess not. But ultimately, having something in the rewards shop (which someone could eventually get for "free" by accruing enough points, is also incentivizing customers to buy other stuff in the regular shop to get to that level). So there are chances those point-earning sales make it into those developers' pockets. And from what I understand, you still get some points for buying items that are on sale in the regular shop.

And when you place something on sale, you're also doing so in hopes to earn something from it vs. effectively making it 'free' for many users. I know if I was a third party developer, I wouldn't be placing something in the rewards shop on day one that I know most people could grab for free with the points they were so recently given, unless of course I was planning and able to give something away for free.
First off nothing is free, the points have been earned, so even using statements like "effectivley making it 'free' " is wrong, you are exchanging your rewards for it. Also if any product in the store is being penalised that is so wrong as you have earned the points from another product, so I can't understand why this is not shop wide...

joeyluck

02 Aug 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
02 Aug 2018
joeyluck wrote:
02 Aug 2018

First off nothing is free, the points have been earned, so even using statements like "effectivley making it 'free' " is wrong, you are exchanging your rewards for it. Also if any product in the store is being penalised that is so wrong as you have earned the points from another product, so I can't understand why this is not shop wide...
That's not exactly what I'm saying. I like others appreciate the points I have retroactively been given. I have not earned points yet based on purchases made after the program began. The system with points and products
in the rewards store began on the same day. Again, I have no knowledge of agreements made with third parties and how it works. I don't think it would be fair to make it site wide. I think developers should agree to feature products in the rewards shop or opt in.

There are other rewards programs I participate in which a selection of products is made available to me. Perhaps it would make more sense if the points could be attributed to particular developers...for instance, if I bought Blamsoft REs I could use particular sets of points towards Blamsoft brand. I don't think it fair if all my points come from Softube and I use my points to get Blamsoft...unless of course, like in this case, they participate by featuring their products in the rewards shop.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2018

Interesting that the Reason Electric Bass is in the reward shop, if you enter the rebate code you get a discount however you then can not apply your rewards voucher to it... These Rewards are very restricted....

Loque

02 Aug 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
02 Aug 2018
Interesting that the Reason Electric Bass is in the reward shop, if you enter the rebate code you get a discount however you then can not apply your rewards voucher to it... These Rewards are very restricted....
Thought that... It's rare that you can add more than 1 voucher
Reason12, Win10

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2018

joeyluck wrote:
02 Aug 2018
I don't think it would be fair to make it site wide.
Why not?

This is something that props is doing so it should not effect the dev's bottom line and come off the profits that PH make.

I mean you only have to spend a 1000 (dollars\euros\£) to get your 50 points.......
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 02 Aug 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2018

Loque wrote:
02 Aug 2018
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
02 Aug 2018
Thought that... It's rare that you can add more than 1 voucher
It's the Props way or the highway LOL

I have not exchanged my points into vouchers, if I remember you did, was not sure if at checkout you just add them in the normal voucher code place or if anything new popped up?

jam-s

02 Aug 2018

joeyluck wrote:
02 Aug 2018
It could still work out for a dev if the Props would waive their usual share of the sale price in the rewards shop.

• Information