Blamsoft Movement Waveform Generator

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dioxide

26 Jul 2018

Posting here as I couldn't find a thread dedicated to this RE. I'm trying to get the Audio outputs to work, but they don't seem to work. I've connected them to a Mix Channel and Lectric Panda Skope and both show nothing.

Can anyone else confirm this is a bug? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

dioxide

26 Jul 2018

Found the solution in the manual. The audio outputs only work in HF mode.
Audio Outputs
The audio outputs are used when Movement is in high-frequency mode. Each of the numbered outputs is for an individual voice, controlled by PolyCV. The Mono output is controlled by monophonic gate and note inputs.

scratchnsnifff

26 Jul 2018

I see you figured it out, the envelope generator is similar to an LFO, and can also work as an oscillator. Because LFO’s and standard oscillators are the same thing but run at different speeds :)

Also, I forget which knob it is but you can mimic the bend - or + mode using one of the knobs in the envelope stage settings
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2018

I agree, try to set the curve/bend, to avoid straight line saws. With a bit of bend you get that nice deeper Juno type base sound.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

scratchnsnifff

01 Aug 2018

Boombastix wrote:
31 Jul 2018
I agree, try to set the curve/bend, to avoid straight line saws. With a bit of bend you get that nice deeper Juno type base sound.
I will always wonder why the Reason world doesn’t have synths with bend modes. I love the sound. I suppose it’s some form of PWM or some sort of phase manipulation

I love how the blamsoft movement envelope can achieve this exact feature

It would be nice if it could get an update so we could have more points and a freehand drawing mode like in Europa
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
01 Aug 2018
I will always wonder why the Reason world doesn’t have synths with bend modes. I love the sound. I suppose it’s some form of PWM or some sort of phase manipulation

I love how the blamsoft movement envelope can achieve this exact feature

It would be nice if it could get an update so we could have more points and a freehand drawing mode like in Europa
Europa has nice envelopes and flexible oscillators for this. But another thing you can try is to use Movement as the EG for the Subtractor filter. The original EG is a crappy digital linear type EG, but the Movement as an EG --> CV input for the filter makes a HUGE difference. Movement is quite analog in that respect.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MarkTarlton

02 Aug 2018

great tips! I just used movement for the first time in a year :)

Loque

02 Aug 2018

MarkTarlton wrote:
02 Aug 2018
Really? You know you can automate the waveform changes while in oscilator mode?
Reason12, Win10

MarkTarlton

02 Aug 2018

Loque wrote:
02 Aug 2018
MarkTarlton wrote:
02 Aug 2018
Really? You know you can automate the waveform changes while in oscilator mode?
haven't done that with movement yet, but do that with other synths since the subtractor. good stuff!

• Information