Any way to avoid the log in window w/subscriptions?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
C//AZM

30 Jul 2018

When using subscription based REs, is there a way to avoid the log-in gizmo?

I hope so, beecause I'm getting log-in fatigue. I can understand logging in once, but upon every launch is tedious.
One would think that it could be automatic.; Launch Reason and Reason checks to see if subscriptions are up to date and oks them all in the background....or says "there's a problem" but twice a day everyday clicking the login window is a bit much. It could perhaps tell itself "ok don't worry about it again until (future-date) when this sub renews".

Thoughts?

JoeMusik

30 Jul 2018

did you check the remember password box?

C//AZM

30 Jul 2018

JoeMusik wrote:
30 Jul 2018
yeah, that helps me from having to put the password in every time, but I'm asking for not having to even SEE the window at all. I own Reason, and I don't have to log-in everytime to prove my license is valid, why do I have to do it for the RE subscriptions?
I'm hoping someone has a remedy.

tc13

30 Jul 2018

C//AZM wrote:
30 Jul 2018
JoeMusik wrote:
30 Jul 2018
yeah, that helps me from having to put the password in every time, but I'm asking for not having to even SEE the window at all. I own Reason, and I don't have to log-in everytime to prove my license is valid, why do I have to do it for the RE subscriptions?
Don't log out?

challism

30 Jul 2018

tc13 wrote:
30 Jul 2018
C//AZM wrote:
30 Jul 2018

Don't log out?
Same problem when you are trialing or beta testing an RE. Understandably, you have to login to the servers so Props can check/update your licenses for products that may expire (ie, you don't own). I don't think there is any way around this. If you don't want to see the login window, I would suggest not logging out/not closing Reason. Hibernate your computer, instead of shutting it down.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

C//AZM

03 Aug 2018

challism wrote:
30 Jul 2018
tc13 wrote:
30 Jul 2018

Don't log out?
Same problem when you are trialing or beta testing an RE. Understandably, you have to login to the servers so Props can check/update your licenses for products that may expire (ie, you don't own). I don't think there is any way around this. If you don't want to see the login window, I would suggest not logging out/not closing Reason. Hibernate your computer, instead of shutting it down.
I need the DSP for when I switch over to Pro Tools and Studio One 4. Happens a few times over the course of a day. Especially when I'm mixing and discover that the Kick is too Moofy or splatty, or the synth patch doesn't sit well in the mix I'm crafting. and it's better to just switch back and roll another track with the better sound.

dusan.cani

21 Feb 2019

Yes, the login screen is very annoying. Login should work as the background process if you put password and want to remember it. In the Reason preferences you would then have option where your login credentials are stored. Clicking manually on "Login" button everytime has no sense, it is bothering...

ScuzzyEye

21 Feb 2019

dusan.cani wrote:
21 Feb 2019
Yes, the login screen is very annoying. Login should work as the background process if you put password and want to remember it. In the Reason preferences you would then have option where your login credentials are stored. Clicking manually on "Login" button everytime has no sense, it is bothering...
I definitely agree with that. I use other software that requires periodic license verifications, and they all have the option to automatically check when required. They only prompt when something goes wrong (can't connect, or license has expired).

boingy

21 Feb 2019

I agree 100%. It sucks and it would be a doddle to add an "auto login" check box. It remembers my name and password and I'm happy for it to check online for whatever it needs so just do it and get on with loading the software. More than once have I double clicked to start Reason, gone to make a coffee and then found it has barely started loading because of that dumb dialog.

I don't have any subscriptions but I have just terminated a trial early just to get rid of that box.

It seems weird to punish those who are either thinking of making a purchase or those who are actively spending money. It's like the opposite of a loyalty bonus.

Sorped

21 Feb 2019

If you have a completely blank reason open in the background (as in open when OS starts) every new Reason file you open will not require you to login. I can't imagine it would take many ressources having a passive blank file open in the background? :)
Alio Modo: SoundCloud
-----------
Born to lose, live to win.
Don't forget to back up your projects! :thumbs_up:

C//AZM

11 Mar 2019

Sorped wrote:
21 Feb 2019
If you have a completely blank reason open in the background (as in open when OS starts) every new Reason file you open will not require you to login. I can't imagine it would take many ressources having a passive blank file open in the background? :)
That's worth checking into. Good idea.

Sorped

11 Mar 2019

C//AZM wrote:
11 Mar 2019
Sorped wrote:
21 Feb 2019
That's worth checking into. Good idea.
Hope it works as required. You obviously have to login when you start the blank, but should be fine after that, as long as you keep it open naturally! :)
Alio Modo: SoundCloud
-----------
Born to lose, live to win.
Don't forget to back up your projects! :thumbs_up:

buddard
RE Developer

11 Mar 2019

C//AZM wrote: but twice a day everyday clicking the login window is a bit much.
Hit the enter key on your keyboard when the login window shows up, it’s a lot faster than clicking it!

eusti

11 Mar 2019

buddard wrote:
11 Mar 2019
C//AZM wrote: but twice a day everyday clicking the login window is a bit much.
Hit the enter key on your keyboard when the login window shows up, it’s a lot faster than clicking it!
Not sure that works on my Mac. Will try again.

D.

buddard
RE Developer

12 Mar 2019

eusti wrote:
11 Mar 2019
buddard wrote:
11 Mar 2019

D.
It works for me on both Mac and Windows!

eusti

12 Mar 2019

buddard wrote:
12 Mar 2019
eusti wrote:
11 Mar 2019

D.
It works for me on both Mac and Windows!
Oh, wow! I just tried it! I don't think it worked before! But now it does!!! THANK YOU! :)

D.

BRIGGS

12 Mar 2019

Reason 5 :puf_smile:
r11s

• Information