(Retrowave) SIDEWINDER - Using Only The Subtractor

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
hurricane
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
17 Jul 2018

I started the 80’s kick about 2-3 months ago, but I’m doing something more modern with it. Using the tools and sounds of the 1980’s to make modern electronic music (not EDM) that people can enjoy.
Cool! Once I get the more traditional 80s sound down I'm going to start getting "modern". Although I'm really not a fan of the Synthwave that sounds more like trance/edm. Most of that stuff doesn't really feel 80s! I'd also really like to start using more hardware, so I think my next 80s track will be all hardware. Thanks for the inspiration!
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

jimmyklane

17 Jul 2018

hurricane wrote:
17 Jul 2018
jimmyklane wrote:
17 Jul 2018

I started the 80’s kick about 2-3 months ago, but I’m doing something more modern with it. Using the tools and sounds of the 1980’s to make modern electronic music (not EDM) that people can enjoy.
Cool! Once I get the more traditional 80s sound down I'm going to start getting "modern". Although I'm really not a fan of the Synthwave that sounds more like trance/edm. Most of that stuff doesn't really feel 80s! I'd also really like to start using more hardware, so I think my next 80s track will be all hardware. Thanks for the inspiration!
Have you checked out any of the tracks I’ve posted on this forum? They describe my “modern 80’s” approach fairly well...
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

splangie

18 Jul 2018

:thumbs_up: . That took me back 3 decades or so. Nice one.

hurricane
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
17 Jul 2018

Have you checked out any of the tracks I’ve posted on this forum? They describe my “modern 80’s” approach fairly well...

Yes Sir - I am familiar with your stuff. : )
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

• Information