Automation Help....

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jimmyklane

17 Jul 2018

Hey everybody!

After studying the manual, I’m unable to find a way to add a particular MIDI CC without first recording that CC into the track.

For example, if I want to automate CC22 by drawing in automation, I first need to send Reason CC22 from a controller and then edit that lane.

Is there a way to add controller lanes for specified CCs? If so, can someone walk me through it? This is a question I’ve been working around for so long that I just now thought to ask about it here.

Any help to confirm or deny would be greatly appreciated!

-Jim
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

chimp_spanner

17 Jul 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
17 Jul 2018
Hey everybody!

After studying the manual, I’m unable to find a way to add a particular MIDI CC without first recording that CC into the track.

For example, if I want to automate CC22 by drawing in automation, I first need to send Reason CC22 from a controller and then edit that lane.

Is there a way to add controller lanes for specified CCs? If so, can someone walk me through it? This is a question I’ve been working around for so long that I just now thought to ask about it here.

-Jim
I take it you mean for the External MIDI Instrument? Because if so all the MIDI CC's are available to create as automation lanes at the top of the track list! But I might be on the wrong track here...

jimmyklane

17 Jul 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
17 Jul 2018
jimmyklane wrote:
17 Jul 2018
Hey everybody!

-Jim
I take it you mean for the External MIDI Instrument? Because if so all the MIDI CC's are available to create as automation lanes at the top of the track list! But I might be on the wrong track here...
Yeah, I’ve been using multiple EMIs (15-29) per track per voice to automate stuff via CV, but to know there’s a drop-down warms my heart! I’ll have to look for it.

For a power user I’ve got odd gaps in my knowledge
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

chimp_spanner

18 Jul 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
17 Jul 2018
chimp_spanner wrote:
17 Jul 2018

Yeah, I’ve been using multiple EMIs (15-29) per track per voice to automate stuff via CV, but to know there’s a drop-down warms my heart! I’ll have to look for it.

For a power user I’ve got odd gaps in my knowledge
Hey happens to all of us! I was gonna take my car into the garage the other day to get the headlights lowered because passing drivers kept flashing me. Turns out there was a control for it about 3 inches from my left hand.

I've owned the car for many, many, MANY years.

• Information