AEON Bundle for $29

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
househoppin09

23 May 2018

QVprod wrote:
22 May 2018
TritoneAddiction wrote:
22 May 2018

I wouldn't mind reviews in the Prop Shop either, but isn't the Rack Extension threads enough? Seems like every new "***** in the shop" thread is pretty much about peoples opinions of a new device anyway. Of course the information/opinions aren't sorted in a nice way, so there's one flaw I guess.

But like I said I wouldn't be against reviews in the Shop. I mean why not add reviews?
Despite my response above, I agree a review section (in the shop) would be excellent. While the "RE in the shop!" threads have "reviews" in them, they can be slightly hard to find if you don't know how to work the search function well. Especially if the RE has been out for a while. If we did something here I suppose a reviews section similar to how Gearslutz does theirs could possibly be done but it wouldn't be nearly as convenient to navigate as actual reviews on the the product pages themselves.
What QVprod said. And also, let's not forget that only a relatively small percentage of Reason users even know about this site! I'm not so much worried about myself or those of us who spend lots of time in the "Reason community" such as it is; we'll manage either way (though QVprod makes great points about the shortcomings of relying solely on ReasonTalk for this). For everyone else (the unwashed masses who will sadly never know the joy of hanging out with all of us in here ;)), I simply don't see any realistic alternative to a proper review system.

Loque

23 May 2018

househoppin09 wrote:
23 May 2018
...I'm not so much worried about myself or those of us who spend lots of time in the "Reason community" ... For everyone else (the unwashed masses who will sadly never know the joy of hanging out with all of us in here ;))...
Exactly. I think there are more pretty p!553d customers out there that bought this crap.
Reason12, Win10

O1B

23 May 2018

Eeeeeeeeasy, Big Fella!

Loque wrote:
23 May 2018
househoppin09 wrote:
23 May 2018
...I'm not so much worried about myself or those of us who spend lots of time in the "Reason community" ... For everyone else (the unwashed masses who will sadly never know the joy of hanging out with all of us in here ;))...
Exactly. I think there are more pretty p!553d customers out there that bought this crap.

Michaellos

23 May 2018

Aeon bundle dissapeared from the shop, but both aeons separately are still available

Catblack

24 May 2018

hurricane wrote:
19 May 2018
Aeon Sound Design - Lesson 01
by Your Friendly Neighborhood Hurricane

Let's try creating a sound from scratch.

1. Right Click on Aeon Synth and select "reset device".

2. Let's isolate the saw wave by muting Layers 1 & 2. Boom, there's a saw wave.

3. Play the D note above C5. Wait - what? You can't hear anything? Try the E. Nothing??? Keep going up the keyboard. STFU, you mean the sample stops at C5?

4. Fine, let's extend the range of the sample by not being able to do that all.

5. Ok, well let's modula - never mind.

6. How about we hit tab and let's see what we have going on back there ok hit tab again forget I mentioned that.

7. Fuck it - just jack the punish knob all the way to the right and turn on the distortion and lo-fi while you're at it.

8. Do this to every preset.

You're welcome.
This is the most savagely funny comment on this entire board!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Michaellos

15 Jul 2018

Just noticed that both instruments dissapeared from the shop

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2018

Michaellos wrote:
15 Jul 2018
About time
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

15 Jul 2018

MrFigg wrote:
15 Jul 2018
Michaellos wrote:
15 Jul 2018
About time
tg...
Reason12, Win10

moneykube

15 Jul 2018

confirmrred
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

sleep1979

07 Mar 2019

esselfortium wrote:
20 May 2018
I have to confess I'm feeling a bit better about the Organic set after sitting on it for a while and coming back to try the Combinator folder, which has the same patches with some delay and reverb pre-applied. It's a minor difference but somehow it put most of them in a more usable light. Still not worth the normal asking price, and Synth is still largely a waste of space (and frankly I don't understand why these are two separate REs to begin with), but I'm no longer regretting the $29 I spent on these at least.
I think i spent £34 on the organic one , i never got the chance to get the bundle and never tried out the synth one which sounds awlful but i like the organic one , not the strings so much but the harp and stuff , by the way i had one of there kontakt libaries natural forces and it was great and a lot of movie producers use there kontakt stuff like vocalise and gravity so there not a shit company , but yeah they should have taken more care on these re and it could have been a great little product , as it is though the aeon organic i think of it as a little mini libary like a little mini cheap thing u would get for kontakt and i think its decent not bad at all but saying that i dont like the strings patches much so it is very limiting like a mini mini libary , 100 patches my arse 😂 but yeah good job i didnt get the synth one the organic one is staying in my arsenal 🙂

sleep1979

07 Mar 2019

esselfortium wrote:
19 May 2018

The patches have programming issues, at least some of which are impossible to fix in the terribly limited GUI. There's at least one pad-like patch in here that seems to have a polyphony of 3 notes, making it virtually useless.

cello bowed
cowbell piano fx is that the one you mean that ones fooked lol
you can solo certain instruments , like the strings in , string piano swells though ,
i like to solo the harp the piano cowbell and guitar things and like i say ots a little usuable libary not horrible , but not great and a rip off for the money $15 a libary though would be about right for the 25 useable patches you get ( piano dreams is crap ) but i dont think its horrible by any means just mediocre for what it was oh well

sleep1979

09 May 2019

esselfortium wrote:
19 May 2018
I trialed these ages ago and didn't remember being super impressed, but I saw this price and figured why not. So, anyway, these are pretty bad. Only a very small handful of the included patches are anything I could ever see myself using, and there's basically zero capacity for building on them to create your own combinations. Can't mix and match instruments between different patches, you just get the pre-picked samples for each patch and then you can adjust the mixing or crank up the enormous PUNISH knob for distortion. That's basically it. There's not even any labeling of what the samples are on each layer, so you just have to guess and check.

The patches have programming issues, at least some of which are impossible to fix in the terribly limited GUI. There's at least one pad-like patch in here that seems to have a polyphony of 3 notes, making it virtually useless. Some pads have short samples that don't loop. There's no volume-matching between different patches, so while browsing you can enjoy turning your speaker volume up and down a lot, and the inclusion of built-in EQs and filters just left me wondering why so many of the instruments were left with harsh mids or muddy low thuds that weren't filtered out.

There are no keyswitches or true legato functionality or anything else being used that would prevent these from being packaged as NN-XTs in combinators, and the GUI here is so unfriendly and outright restrictive that they are substantially less usable and versatile than NN-XT combis would have been. Considering how half-baked their contents are, the high prices that these normally go for is frankly insulting to customers and to other instrument developers. It's unfortunate that whoever was put in charge of Heavyocity's venture into Reason-land handled it this terribly.

Well, anyway, now they're in my instrument list forever I guess.

If you're looking for these types of sounds in a more usable form, I highly recommend Impact Soundworks' Resonance: Emotional Mallets, Highland Harps, ReForged, and other libraries. They're great. There are more full-featured Kontakt versions too, but the ReFill versions can be found in bundles so you can get a bunch of them for cheap, and they're extremely usable and much better than these!

Update: I played with these some more late last night before bed. The combinator folders are just the same patches with some added delay and reverb, but somehow I'm feeling a bit warmer on many of these sounds based on those, especially the Organic set. Synth is still pretty weak and these still aren't something I'd particularly recommend when there are other options out there, but I'm no longer wanting my $29 back, at least.
you know its such a shame they didn't give this a little update to sort the looping points out ( organic ) but like you said adding the delay from the combinators kind of sorts , because this is a lovely little library and something ive really been playing with lately they shouldn't have pulled it but updated it the little shits lol , its still decent

• Information