Noise Engineering's 3x RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
antic604

22 Jun 2018

buddard wrote:
21 Jun 2018
antic604 wrote:
02 Jun 2018
In the meantime, is there any chance your REs will get released as VSTs? :)

EDIT: come to think of it, it's actually quite likely - Props just proved with Europa that all they need to do is flip the proverbial switch to convert an RE into VST/AU; hope I'm right about it :)
Sorry, but how do you know that they just had to "flip a switch”? They might as well have spent months on the conversion for all we know. Or has there been some official confirmation?
Just my guess :)

I think this whole Europa as VST and Web app thing was mostly directed to developers, not to Reason users really - "Look, we have the technology to convert our REs into VSTs and soon into web apps. Come join us!" Now I don't know how automated this process is, but it's not impossible that this can be done with minimal involvement from the developer. Imagine, if developer could do an RE, which would be then "converted" by Props to VST, Web, maybe AU and other formats too. What if Props are working on a system, where all your VSTs - bought from their store - are always kept up to date and licensed from single place, like we now have with REs? That's a really tempting prospect for developers. And not an impossible one. If I was Props and/or their investor, I'd find such a vision very appealing.

So my thinking is that it's not about releasing more REs and Reason devices as VSTs. It's about getting more developers on board the RE train, but still giving them a way to release VSTs and a platform the sell the through and maintain licenses & updates for the user. If that works, that's a win-win for both sides and - business-wise - it could be huge for Props.

Considering it's you - as a RE developer yourself - who's asking the question, I realise I might be dead wrong ...or that they're in early stages of the project and just wanted to test the waters, see the feedback from development community, etc.

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2018

What is next? Cursus?

NoiseEng
RE Developer

25 Jun 2018

aeox wrote:
24 Jun 2018
What is next? Cursus?
Cursus is on the agenda for sure! We don't yet have a date for the next release, but look for something that hasn't yet come out in Eurorack, Cursus, and perhaps another favorite from our collection....
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

Loque

25 Jun 2018

NoiseEng wrote:
25 Jun 2018
aeox wrote:
24 Jun 2018
What is next? Cursus?
Cursus is on the agenda for sure! We don't yet have a date for the next release, but look for something that hasn't yet come out in Eurorack, Cursus, and perhaps another favorite from our collection....
;) :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

antic604

25 Jun 2018

NoiseEng wrote:
25 Jun 2018
aeox wrote:
24 Jun 2018
What is next? Cursus?
Starting saving money now... :)

kungubu

25 Jun 2018

If I may suggest a RE it would be a monophonic Loquelic Iteritas (I mean a RE version of the 10hp module).

NoiseEng
RE Developer

25 Jun 2018

kungubu wrote:
25 Jun 2018
If I may suggest a RE it would be a monophonic Loquelic Iteritas (I mean a RE version of the 10hp module).
Thanks ! We are always open to requests/suggestions! I'll put it on the proverbial board.
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

Crumbfort

28 Jun 2018

Blergh. I want all of your eurorack modules now, these are brilliant. Thanks again for doing these!
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

NoiseEng
RE Developer

28 Jun 2018

Crumbfort wrote:
28 Jun 2018
Blergh. I want all of your eurorack modules now, these are brilliant. Thanks again for doing these!
MUAHAHAHAHAHA Our evil plan has succeeded :lol:

Seriously, thanks! We're looking forward to doing more in RE and we have plenty in the works for Eurorack.
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

polysix

01 Jul 2018

I have build a diy basimilus iteritas Rack Extension Controler. More infos and pictures are here

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7507664

Greats and a nice sunny Day :puf_smile:

geronimo

12 Aug 2018

Evoked in this monthly issue, well known :

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... ck-express

geronimo

09 Sep 2018

One free Refill from Lectric Panda: http://lectricpanda.com/Lectric%20Panda ... eering.rfl

antic604

29 Oct 2018

I'll just leave this here...

https://shop.propellerheads.com/product ... -bundle-1/

At EUR55 this is a no-brainer. Go get it people!

Loque

29 Oct 2018

I would buy them again if i did not already own them.
Reason12, Win10

antic604

29 Oct 2018

Loque wrote:
29 Oct 2018
I hope them naming it "Synth Bundle 1" means you'll soon be able to throw more money their way :)

joeyluck

29 Oct 2018

antic604 wrote:
29 Oct 2018
I'll just leave this here...

https://shop.propellerheads.com/product ... -bundle-1/

At EUR55 this is a no-brainer. Go get it people!
But what about for the GUI snobs? :P

I kid. They do sound great though.

chimp_spanner

29 Oct 2018

I'd added this to my subscription last month and forgot. Just stumbled upon them and they sound so nasty. I love it!

Breach The Sky

29 Oct 2018

I just love these devices! I seriously hope they made enough profit to continue with RE development.

NoiseEng
RE Developer

29 Oct 2018

Soon, friends... :D

Also, it makes us so happy that you guys are liking SB1 so much!
antic604 wrote:
29 Oct 2018
Loque wrote:
29 Oct 2018
I hope them naming it "Synth Bundle 1" means you'll soon be able to throw more money their way :)
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

hurricane
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2018

Have any of you actually used these in your tracks in a more musical/melodic context? I'd like to hear these in action - not really looking for the blurby noisy farty demos though.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

aeox
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2018

hurricane wrote:
29 Oct 2018
Have any of you actually used these in your tracks in a more musical/melodic context? I'd like to hear these in action - not really looking for the blurby noisy farty demos though.
I've used Basimilus Iteritas in every track I've made since I bought it. There was also a "Challenge" thread with cool entries

antic604

29 Oct 2018

joeyluck wrote:
29 Oct 2018
But what about for the GUI snobs? :P
If you saw my post elsewhere, I have issue with unprofessional looking devices.

Those look professionally ugly & I love them :) :D

antic604

29 Oct 2018

NoiseEng wrote:
29 Oct 2018
Happy to hear that!!! :D

BTW, have you shared your RE experience with other Eurorack developers? Is there any interest from them to join in as well?

NoiseEng
RE Developer

29 Oct 2018

Great question!

We haven't talked directly to very many about it but it would be great to see more join. But don't think others aren't watching. If it looks like there is an interest/market for Eurorack in RE, I imagine others will indeed follow!
antic604 wrote:
29 Oct 2018
NoiseEng wrote:
29 Oct 2018

BTW, have you shared your RE experience with other Eurorack developers? Is there any interest from them to join in as well?
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

Re8et
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2018

NoiseEng wrote:
29 Oct 2018
Great question!

We haven't talked directly to very many about it but it would be great to see more join. But don't think others aren't watching. If it looks like there is an interest/market for Eurorack in RE, I imagine others will indeed follow!
antic604 wrote:
29 Oct 2018

Very good question... :)
bullish.gif
bullish.gif (81.24 KiB) Viewed 2123 times

• Information