gate/cv signal mixer with mute/solo

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tallrobphilp

23 Jun 2018

Afternoon.

I picked up a whole load of new toys during May Madness (probably too many), a lot of which are tools for generating CV signals like PSQ-1684, Euclid, Elementary Logic gates, Korde, Propulsion etc. I'm really interested in making generative music and plugging all these toys together to make machines that are semi-randomly making music.

One issue I'm having is that these devices can generate gate and note signals but in many cases I can't mute or solo each "channel" of signals that are being generated. For example, if I'm using Korde then I can generate up to 8 channel of gate/note signal pairs but I can't mute or solo them. Also, unless I'm mistaken, I can't multi-channel record the note data into the sequencer. i.e. record-enable multiple tracks so I can record this data into multiple note tracks.

Are there any RE that can help with this? I don't really need to manipulate in any sophisticated way, but being able to mute gates or even scale them (essentially so I can fade velocity of notes up and down) would be great. I'm sure other people must have needed this before me! You can generate loads of channels of data just from PSQ-1684, but I can't see any easy way to manage all these streams of CV.

Many thanks!

MannequinRaces

23 Jun 2018

What version of Reason are you running? If you are running 10 you can use Lectric Panda's CV Player Tap to convert CV to MIDI and then use the 'send to track' feature to get your note data into the sequencer. Regardless if you are on Reason 10 or not you can use Selig's Gain to mute CV sources (a single one only). There is also Robotic Bean's Select CV Switch (up to eight in and you can select which one(s) go out). Hope that helps and have fun!

Loque

23 Jun 2018

Lolth is my goto for mixing.
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

23 Jun 2018

Some of the (now) free Hamu REs can be used exactly for this.

tallrobphilp

24 Jun 2018

Thanks for all the suggestions. This RE looks like it probably fits the bill: -

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... lit-merge/

electrofux

24 Jun 2018

You can build yourself a CV Mixer with Hamus REs.

jam-s

24 Jun 2018

tallrobphilp wrote:
24 Jun 2018
Thanks for all the suggestions. This RE looks like it probably fits the bill: -

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... lit-merge/
Imho the Mesher REs from Hamu are better suited for this task. You could use https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... mix-panel/ to enable and scale up to 8 CV signals.

• Information