UMPF Club Drums RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Electric-Metal

13 Jun 2018

madmacman wrote:
13 Jun 2018

No, it's not a bargain, but you would be willing to pay 199 bucks for Battery?
Maybe right before hell freezes over, but I'm not a pro, so that's just me sayin' :)
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Reasonable man

13 Jun 2018

Im guessing that you need two of these bad boys stacked on top of each other if you want more than 8 drums in the same way you need two drum sequencers stacked in a similar manner . Thats gonna be a pain scrolling up and down 4 longish devices in the rack

eusti

13 Jun 2018

Electric-Metal wrote:
13 Jun 2018
madmacman wrote:
13 Jun 2018

Maybe right before hell freezes over, but I'm not a pro, so that's just me sayin' :)
I always felt those 200 bucks were only letting you know how good a deal the Komplete bundle is... :P

D.

manisnotabird

13 Jun 2018

A few cool things, but really wish they rolled them into an Kong 2, and not a new rack extension.

manisnotabird

13 Jun 2018

eusti wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Electric-Metal wrote:
13 Jun 2018

I always felt those 200 bucks were only letting you know how good a deal the Komplete bundle is... :P

D.
I paid $300 total for Komplete!

makke

13 Jun 2018

Tested it. It's nice, but way too expensive. Half the price and you are good to go.

chrischrischris

13 Jun 2018

Hi,

Should "UNDO" be happening every time You touch "A Pad"? This seems unnesessary.

ie Change Volume Of Pad, Click Pad To Listen to changes, Then You have to press Undo twice to revert back.
Once to "UNDO" The Pressing Of The Pad And Once to UNDO The Volume Change.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Ahornberg

13 Jun 2018

Kong is dead! Long live Kong!

Electric-Metal

13 Jun 2018

eusti wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Electric-Metal wrote:
13 Jun 2018

D.
Interesting point of view, but after thinking about it for a second... makes sense :D
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Fantomas

13 Jun 2018

I’m really picky and critical when it comes to bang for the buck and all... been really unhappy with the direction Props seem to be heading, didn’t update to v10.x because I’ll wait and see what comes next (whether some live performance oriented and/or other straighforward workflow improvements will be implemented or not).

Sometimes I just wanna sell my license and use the money to upgrade my Komplete 11 Select and end this love/hate thing with Reason but again, I get mugged over because new customers get v10 much cheaper than I could sell 9.5 for... but now I have to admit, if more of this comes along, i.e.: a sexy looking device w hi-res graphics I might as well stay on board and pack RE’s I like in a subscription.

Give these guys a chance, loads of tools and sample libraries are out there on the market and there were way more advanced daws out there when Reason came along and we are here since, so hang on and just enjoy making music, expectations kill the fun.
Last edited by Fantomas on 13 Jun 2018, edited 2 times in total.

Undistraction

13 Jun 2018

Looks like fun but feels overpriced. That's what happens when everything is on sale all the time. Not that I'm complaining about sales. Just feels expensive.

-008'

13 Jun 2018

I like it.

I was saying on IG today I think that the probability of the fx section along with DrumSeq's own probability is really perfect for making non-boring patterns.
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

Exowildebeest

13 Jun 2018

Undistraction wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Looks like fun but feels overpriced. That's what happens when everything is on sale all the time. Not that I'm complaining about sales. Just feels expensive.
I also suspect they're setting prices high to entice people to try the subscription service...

Bonkhead

13 Jun 2018

I'll just wait for reason 11 upgrade which will possibly include this for a limited time.
99 euro's, come on ...... It needs to be 4x better than kong to get me on board, while this is maybe 1.5x better than kong.

miscend

13 Jun 2018

Electric-Metal wrote:
13 Jun 2018
madmacman wrote:
13 Jun 2018

It’s overpriced and probably wont sell too much. But I can see UMPF being offered as a free gift for early adopters of future releases.

fieldframe
RE Developer

13 Jun 2018

chrischrischris wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Hi,

Should "UNDO" be happening every time You touch "A Pad"? This seems unnesessary.

ie Change Volume Of Pad, Click Pad To Listen to changes, Then You have to press Undo twice to revert back.
Once to "UNDO" The Pressing Of The Pad And Once to UNDO The Volume Change.

Thanks in advance

Chris
This is a gap in the SDK that really should have been addressed when 2.5 added changeable panels. The problem is that Reason doesn't differentiate between controls that change something in the current patch (like a filter cutoff) and controls that change the current view (like clicking a pad). Expanse has the same problem; changing which oscillator you're editing counts as an undoable action, when it probably shouldn't.

geronimo

13 Jun 2018

In the meantime, you can read the manual : it's quite rewarding ,

https://shop.propellerheads.se/media/pr ... Manual.pdf

jimmyklane

13 Jun 2018

My opinion is this:

This is what you should buy if you don’t own Maschine.

Looks super cool, shame that the library is small, but I’m sure all of us have thousands and thousands of single hits. I know I’ve collected tons over the years, so my guess is the library doesn’t matter much.

The processing looks similar to Maschine’s built-in per-voice processing. I won’t be paying $99 though. I already own one software drum machine and that’s enough
Last edited by jimmyklane on 13 Jun 2018, edited 1 time in total.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

Mystile

13 Jun 2018

I've bought alot of music related things lately..especially for someone that hasn't really made anything in a while..so i figure i'm done for a while..but i'll want this eventually

jayhosking

13 Jun 2018

This seems such a necessary update that I'm bummed it's not included in whatever version of Reason is upcoming.

Steedus
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2018

Gotta be honest when I saw this pop up on my youtube feed this morning I thought it was going to be a 3rd party RE judging by the look.

But looking at it as an upgrade to Redrum is reasonable, I just wish it was a blank device (with a different look perhaps), rather than including "club" sounds that don't interest me and having the price reflect those samples.

And I think it's clearly designed to be a VST as well, but they gotta do what they gotta do I guess.

EnochLight

13 Jun 2018

I've spent some time with it, and coupled with Drum Sequencer Player, I'm finding it a blast to use. The library included is pretty damn good, and each preset comes with a Drum Sequencer counterpart. If I had any complaint, it's that I have to advance both presets - one at a time - while browsing through. This is something that Sonic Charge's Microtonic does much better (as the drum sequencer, being "built in", advances the patterns when you change presets). Still, this thing sounds fantastic, looks great IMHO, and might just find a spot in my rack.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

exxx

13 Jun 2018

Studio One's impact is included in the 4.0 update, and each drum sound is automatically routed to an individual mixer track.

However, PH puts out Kong2 like this 99

Please separate the effector from the instrument.

It's funny to connect the entire device to use Kong's effects.

Aosta

14 Jun 2018

Considering a usual upgrade to the latest version of Reason is 129 monetary units the cost of this is not far off that...for one device that really just reinvents the wheel. As I've said Reason is fine as is for drums and percussion options and this doesn't really bring anything ground breaking apart from convenience.
The 'free' player was just a carrot to lead to this RE which seems a little divisive now (no pun intended).
Props were doing so damn well and I still absolutely love Reason and the direction props are heading but I just can't get my head around the thinking behind this one.
Tend the flame

• Information