UMPF Club Drums RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
craven

13 Jun 2018

Looks and sounds great, would buy it for half the price. Free Drum Sequencer? No wonder it was included in the update for a limited time only. Clever marketing. Still happy to see this new device!
:ugeek:

antic604

13 Jun 2018

craven wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Free Drum Sequencer? No wonder it was included in the update for a limited time only. Clever marketing.
Clever indeed!

"You got free Drum Sequencer? Now pair it up with this 'awesome' drum machine for just EUR99!"

"You were late to upgrade to 10 to get free Drum Sequencer? Fret not! Get it now and for the price of Drum Sequencer alone (EUR99) you'll receive it + this awesome drum machine for free!"

:D

Are Props in financial trouble?! :o ;) :P

sdst
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2018

this would be kong 2, in another universe

it looks good but....that price...

EdGrip

13 Jun 2018

antic604 wrote:
13 Jun 2018

Are Props in financial trouble?! :o ;) :P
Ahh fuck, missed my cue! :D

wishMachine

13 Jun 2018

I like the break out idea on the back to separate out-puts for each sample.

One thing I can not stomach about Kong is it's in-line, inclusiveness. I still use ReDrum (a lot, no, seriously! A heck of a lot!) with Kong as the driver.

My set up is generally one Kong lane which may include some internal samples that can be EQ'd together. Primarily cymbals, hats and the like. I take the C.V. trigger out of the pads; and put that in the back of combinators that house ReDrums with stacked samples to get the sounds absolutely dead right (it can involve an obscene amount of EQ-ing and wiring, but I always feel it's worth it). This way there's one note lane for the drum tracks which are triggered by one device, but are as thick/thin/nasty/distorted/clean as they should be down to being separated instruments, with their own applied effects. This is eventually merged in a bus channel.

I have no idea where this device would fit in my work-flow :/
:reason: 10 :record: :refill: :ignition: :re:

tt_lab

13 Jun 2018

It looks really good, but the get drumsequencer for free sets me appart, along with the price that it is too much for my wallet right now.
So I wonder and reflect, if I already have drum sequencer I don't get nothing in return but I pay full price as the people that get drum sequencer for free.
I am not complaining, and if I had the money I'd probably buy this device but it's simply it doesn't seem fair.
Anyway, I guess how many people is going to buy drum sequencer by its own when you got it included with this RE.

Arrant
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2018

wishMachine wrote:
13 Jun 2018

One thing I can not stomach about Kong is it's in-line, inclusiveness. I still use ReDrum (a lot, no, seriously! A heck of a lot!) with Kong as the driver.
Yeah, it's great to be able to layer samples up on each pad in Kong, until you realize you can't set parameters for them individually :(

artotaku

13 Jun 2018

I think this RE showcases a new feature of the RE SDK, dropable sample zones/areas. In the past you could only drop to the RE device as a whole.
Also, could someone check if the sample reverse is remotable? If so, it would be the first device in Reason that allows that. Kong (Nano-NNXT) does not, NN-XT neither.

antic604

13 Jun 2018

Looking more at it, I've four observations - why (in practical terms) there is an internal compressor with sidechain in? and it seems that 'sidechain out' is for whole signal and not per-sound (eg. kick only)? and if you wanted to use the kick as sidechain source for something else, you can use break outs but then the signal is gone from main bus? and why is there no audio in, to use it as an effect unit?

electrofux

13 Jun 2018

artotaku wrote:
13 Jun 2018
I think this RE showcases a new feature of the RE SDK, dropable sample zones/areas. In the past you could only drop to the RE device as a whole.
Also, could someone check if the sample reverse is remotable? If so, it would be the first device in Reason that allows that. Kong (Nano-NNXT) does not, NN-XT neither.
Would have loved a different new feature: remotable sample browsing. turn a knob and go through all your samples. I had a small hope that this would be the first device to make it happen but only the record sample button is remotable as in Redrum.

Miguel da Wu

13 Jun 2018

for me It’s also too expensive, because i dont need the included samples and the effects.

miscend

13 Jun 2018

The spelling is peculiar. UMPF is normally OOMPH.

antic604

13 Jun 2018

miscend wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Nordic vs. English/American? :D

Just like dogs in Poland go "hau" (pronounced like English "how"), whereas in whole English-speaking world they go "woof" :)

miscend

13 Jun 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Trying it now. Yeah I'd say it's a very worthy successor to ReDrum, and maybe even in some regards Kong. "Club Drums" does it a disservice though. It's a mean, nasty glitch machine. Very cool!
The neon styling and the bright waveform display kinda reminds me of NI Battery. They’re very similar as Battery is also a pure drum sampler without a sequencer. But includes effects and layering capabilities.

miscend

13 Jun 2018

antic604 wrote:
13 Jun 2018
miscend wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Nordic vs. English/American? :D

Just like dogs in Poland go "hau" (pronounced like English "how"), whereas in whole English-speaking world they go "woof" :)
Yeah It could be that. Or it could be a trademark issue.

stratatonic

13 Jun 2018

The U needs an umlaut. Ü
Umft here in North America would be a short u like ..uh, wtf...trumpf
Last edited by stratatonic on 13 Jun 2018, edited 1 time in total.

WillyOD

13 Jun 2018

Looks nice but _definitely_ overpriced. Props should have gone with 69, and then put it on sale in July for 49 bucks.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

tibah

13 Jun 2018

stratatonic wrote:
13 Jun 2018
The U needs an umlaut. Ü
Umft here in North America would be a short u like ..uh, wtf...trumpf
For Germans it still makes perfect sense. ;)
For you probably "Oomph" would be a better name.

It looks gorgeous and the visual compression is a nice touch, but still nothing really new. Make it 49€ and have double the users insta-buy it I say. ;)
We all have probably enough samples, we can parallel process already easily and we can throw the drum sequencer at Kong and Redrum already. Then again, I guess it's a good deal if you missed the free drum sequencer deal and jump at this bundle straight away.

fotizimo

13 Jun 2018

Yeah I would have bought it on the weight of the intro video alone at $49 - $59. But at $99 for an intro price, that is ridiculous. I have the drum sequencer, and many GBs worth of very nice samples already.

Sorry, but Kong/Redrum for me.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

ravisoni

13 Jun 2018

Probably the only RE by Props that looks less like an RE and more like a VST. Interesting design choice.
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

Electric-Metal

13 Jun 2018

After tweaking knobs n sliders for two hours straight now, I find it's fun to use it. But as others already stated, it's too pricey. For 49 or even 59€ I think I would have jumped right on it, but 99€ - nah. My patience will pay off though :)
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Iapetus 9

13 Jun 2018

I imagine if this had all the features and sequencer of the drum player included, then it'd be an instant hit. Also, since everyone has a bloody hard drive full of drum samples, it would be cool to have a DL option without the soundbank. I digress. Pretty cool looking device.
38L > 51D every time.

Jmax

13 Jun 2018

125 bucks? comon Props. Highway robbery here. To rich for my blood, perhaps in a super sale.

madmacman

13 Jun 2018

As said before: this looks like NI Battery in Propellerhead RE flavor.

No, it's not a bargain, but you would be willing to pay 199 bucks for Battery?

Reasonable man

13 Jun 2018

wishMachine wrote:
13 Jun 2018
I like the break out idea on the back to separate out-puts for each sample.

My set up is generally one Kong lane which may include some internal samples that can be EQ'd together. Primarily cymbals, hats and the like. I take the C.V. trigger out of the pads; and put that in the back of combinators that house ReDrums with stacked samples to get the sounds absolutely dead right (it can involve an obscene amount of EQ-ing and wiring, but I always feel it's worth it). This way there's one note lane for the drum tracks which are triggered by one device, but are as thick/thin/nasty/distorted/clean as they should be down to being separated instruments, with their own applied effects. This is eventually merged in a bus channel.

I have no idea where this device would fit in my work-flow :/
I like this concept. I have the opposite (i think) with 8 drum mix channels from the back of kong (rims/snares grouped together on one channel ...rides/crashes cymabals percussion grouped together in another , then kick, hihats etc ) ..anyway i have seperate combies with redrums in em (4 in total) for seperate drum instruments like snare then Kick etc that have extensive scope for eqing and compression . The outputs of these go into the same respective mix channels as the kong outputs (via a 14.2 mixer in each insert fx slot) then all mix channels grouped to the main drum mix channel.
Im not gonna lie to ya . Its a real DSP hog and i'm looking at this new drum machine with its inbuilt eq and compression and im thinking that this little machine can potentialy save me from alot of this wiring madness!
Its reading 89 Euro right now in the props shop but thats still too much imo

• Information