UMPF Club Drums RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EnochLight

13 Jun 2018

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... lub-drums/

UPDATE:

OK gang - here's a folder full of the 100 presets, each inside a Combi with the corresponding Drum Sequencer patterns setup. The only knob I programmed was pattern change to the first knob, so be sure to turn that fully to audition all patterns included in each preset.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2o57wxjcjdydh ... t.zip?dl=0

** Thanks to Reasonistas for posting the Combi skin!
Last edited by EnochLight on 14 Jun 2018, edited 2 times in total.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

scratchnsnifff

13 Jun 2018

I wonder if there will be an intro price? I’m mad broke this specific week, definitely eager to get my hands on this :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

EnochLight

13 Jun 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
13 Jun 2018
I wonder if there will be an intro price? I’m mad broke this specific week, definitely eager to get my hands on this :)
Looks like the “intro” is $99 USD (regular price). This is bad ass but I think I’ll gamble and wait for Black Friday. Hopefully they’ll put it on sale.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

HeavyViper

13 Jun 2018

The onboard chopping and crushing sections are a very good idea. Real nice to look at, too.
Sound Designer and Composer :reason: FM+PSG Chip Sorcerer
https://heavyviper.bandcamp.com

w1pl0c

13 Jun 2018

yeah looks super dope! but i tend to shy away from rack extensions that cost more than 60 bucks. Its just where I draw the line.

fotizimo

13 Jun 2018

Honestly, this looks like Redrum, redone and with all the right tools. Add this with the drum sequencer, and this basically is Redrum on steroids. I would love to see what the DSP draw is on it, but suspect it will be incredibly low. It shows $125 CDN right now, so I won't be buying this anytime too soon. It just is too expensive right now, which is too bad, as I think this would make a great tool.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

BRIGGS

13 Jun 2018

EnochLight wrote:
13 Jun 2018
scratchnsnifff wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Looks like the “intro” is $99 USD (regular price). This is bad ass but I think I’ll gamble and wait for Black Friday. Hopefully they’ll put it on sale.
Yeah, thankfully, they usually throw us a bone. :mrgreen:
r11s

chimp_spanner

13 Jun 2018

Trying it now. Yeah I'd say it's a very worthy successor to ReDrum, and maybe even in some regards Kong. "Club Drums" does it a disservice though. It's a mean, nasty glitch machine. Very cool!

Loque

13 Jun 2018

Ahh...the Drum Sequencer is included for free....Otherwise it would be really heavy to pay 200 for a drum computer.

Hopefully PH is not only heading to sell separated content.
Reason12, Win10

antic604

13 Jun 2018

How is this superior to Kong? Is it only the effects section and automation/modulation options?

chimp_spanner

13 Jun 2018

antic604 wrote:
13 Jun 2018
How is this superior to Kong? Is it only the effects section and automation/modulation options?
Don't know about superior but definitely an interesting alternative. Dedicated drum outputs like ReDrum, but built in effects per channel like Kong. Cool glitch engine. A modulation section. Custom keymaps. Really nice quality built in reverb and delay. Those are the main features for me!

antic604

13 Jun 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
13 Jun 2018
antic604 wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Don't know about superior but definitely an interesting alternative. Dedicated drum outputs like ReDrum, but built in effects per channel like Kong. Cool glitch engine. A modulation section. Custom keymaps. Really nice quality built in reverb and delay. Those are the main features for me!
Thanks! I'll pass at that price, then.

stp2015

13 Jun 2018

Seems nice, but quite a bit overpriced. I would get it for 39 or 49 I think, but not more.

eusti

13 Jun 2018

stp2015 wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Seems nice, but quite a bit overpriced. I would get it for 39 or 49 I think, but not more.
Kind of agree. I guess that’s the issue with all those sales... Don’t really want to pay full price on anything anymore... ;)

D.

antic604

13 Jun 2018

BTW, have you all noticed how sharp the Umpf's GUI is when it's not shown in the Rack but full screen?
It wasn't the case in videos for other recent(ish) devices.
For reference, compare it with Europa's video:

Does that mean what I think it means?! :o

CephaloPod

13 Jun 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Trying it now. Yeah I'd say it's a very worthy successor to ReDrum, and maybe even in some regards Kong. "Club Drums" does it a disservice though. It's a mean, nasty glitch machine. Very cool!
Yeah, I really don't get the marketing here, it seems like this would be a good tool for making all kinds of beats.

It makes me think there might be similar devices coming that are geared toward different genres.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

Reminiscence

13 Jun 2018

And this is just when I bought TRK-01!!! Oh no you didn't Props. Oh no you didn't release it in time. :roll:

Loque

13 Jun 2018

antic604 wrote:
13 Jun 2018
BTW, have you all noticed how sharp the Umpf's GUI is when it's not shown in the Rack but full screen?
It wasn't the case in videos for other recent(ish) devices.
For reference, compare it with Europa's video:

Does that mean what I think it means?! :o
Yea, there is probably a VST version coming.
Reason12, Win10

antic604

13 Jun 2018

CephaloPod wrote:
13 Jun 2018
chimp_spanner wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Yeah, I really don't get the marketing here, it seems like this would be a good tool for making all kinds of beats.

It makes me think there might be similar devices coming that are geared toward different genres.
Depends how you define "club" though? In broader meaning it can cover everything played in clubs - from techno, trance and house, through hip-hop to ambient. It probably doesn't cover (broadly understood) rock or folk music, because those wouldn't rely anyway on most of those effects & modulation.

I think the name is fine.

I don't like the price, the angled corners and that it's not white - it really should fit more closely (visually) with Drum Machine :(

antic604

13 Jun 2018

Loque wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Yea, there is probably a VST version coming.
No, I didn't mean this. Even Europa doesn't look as pin-sharp on highest zoom level.

To me those look like early shots from in-development 4K version of Reason ;) :D

Aosta

13 Jun 2018

I'm meh about it, have all the drum tools I need with Kong, Redrum, Dr Rex and NNXT, huge percussion sample library, Klang, the new player, effects routing and parallel channels.
I'm passing.
Tend the flame

chimp_spanner

13 Jun 2018

Hm. I always just assumed they have vector mockups for doing promotional videos. Wasn't always the case though. Older PH videos you can see the the pixels. So I dunno, maybe this is a sign of things to come.

EdGrip

13 Jun 2018

Yeah, just looks-wise it's a bit of a departure from other Reason devices. It's darker, more glowy-fancy.
It helps that the Drum Sequencer is included, but I'd still consider it too expensive for what it is. In a half-price sale it'd probably be about right.

chimp_spanner

13 Jun 2018

One thing I would've liked to see is gate and note inputs per channel so you could do Maschine style beats with melodic elements, all within a single track. But I can see how it'd be fiddly to implement. Really what would be great is multi-channel MIDI. Then each of the 8 or 16 pads on a drum machine could receive a full set of note and CC. Then, I think we might see Kong MK II.

Arrant
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2018

99 bucks?!?! In your dreams props

• Information