Noise Engineering Rack Extension Challenge - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
ReasonTalk

01 Jun 2018

Did you miss the intro price offer on the Noise Engineering modules? No worries! Here is your chance to win them! ;)
Noise Engineering and ReasonTalk are happy to announce the details of the Synth Bundle 1 Song Challenge.

https://www.reasontalk.com/?p=3723

sleep1979

01 Jun 2018

whats the point

tiker01

01 Jun 2018

sleep1979 wrote:
01 Jun 2018
whats the point
Make music with them and win them if you are good!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Aosta

01 Jun 2018

not my cup of bananas but I'm sure the cablers and tweakheads will get lots of fun out of this :D
Tend the flame

Loque

01 Jun 2018

Post the songs here?
Reason12, Win10

tiker01

01 Jun 2018

Loque wrote:
01 Jun 2018
Post the songs here?
Yep as usual!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.

Loque

01 Jun 2018

Here is my entry, due it already have done it.

You do not need to add me to the contest, since i already bought the bundle. The contest comes pretty late. So here is mine just for fun and to get started.
Reason12, Win10

tiker01

01 Jun 2018

Loque wrote:
01 Jun 2018

You do not need to add me to the contest, since i already bought the bundle. The contest comes pretty late. So here is mine just for fun and to get started.
Nice! It was a conscious decision to held the contest now. I am sure those who already bought the products won’t regret jumping on them!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2018

It's great to see more song challenges. Too bad this one started late after the release. I still don't get the reason for that. Wouldn't we see more participation in these competitions and hype around a product if the challenge matches the release date?

I bought the bundle and certainly don't regret buying it. I love theses synths, but there's no reason to join the challenge now. This would otherwise have been one of the challenges I would be most excited about.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2018

Aosta wrote:
01 Jun 2018
not my cup of bananas but I'm sure the cablers and tweakheads will get lots of fun out of this :D
The great thing is, you don't need to be a tweakhead to enjoy these. I'm not and I really like these synths. They're fun, different and thery're pretty easy to get cool sounds from quickly. Lots of character too.

There are only a few synths that I actually enjoy making my own patches for and these are included in that short list.

jayhosking

01 Jun 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Jun 2018
I love theses synths, but there's no reason to join the challenge now. This would otherwise have been one of the challenges I would be most excited about.
How about a) the intrinsic reward of making cool music with them, and b) the extrinsic reward of us saying (as per usual) that your tracks are great? ;)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2018

jayhosking wrote:
01 Jun 2018
TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Jun 2018
I love theses synths, but there's no reason to join the challenge now. This would otherwise have been one of the challenges I would be most excited about.
How about a) the intrinsic reward of making cool music with them, and b) the extrinsic reward of us saying (as per usual) that your tracks are great? ;)
:) That's certainly motivating. But still it's always fun if there's a chance of winning new cool stuff, right?

joeyluck

01 Jun 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Jun 2018
It's great to see more song challenges. Too bad this one started late after the release. I still don't get the reason for that. Wouldn't we see more participation in these competitions and hype around a product if the challenge matches the release date?

I bought the bundle and certainly don't regret buying it. I love theses synths, but there's no reason to join the challenge now. This would otherwise have been one of the challenges I would be most excited about.
Yeah we had the Players Challenge that had just launched when these hit the shop. And it sounded like they hit the shop sooner than expected, in order to make it into the May Madness sale.

If you got the intro price, that's a great offer! :thumbs_up:
However, we have also timed this competition so that the deadline is still before any trial licenses expire (so even if you hit Try on the first day, you'll still have access). The intro offer was also ending with the May Madness sale, so we would have had to make the competition even shorter to allow judges a chance to listen and vote and then give users who didn't win a chance to get in on the intro price offer...it would've been cramped and all while another competition was going on and we want to be fair to competition sponsors.

So while it is a little bit after the release, it's not too late for anybody who are already trying the devices. So we wanted to make sure we at least met that deadline.

twitchy_one

01 Jun 2018

Loque wrote:
01 Jun 2018

This is awesome! For me, it was a no-brainer to buy the Noise Engineering synth1 bundle outright. I couldn't wait to get them on my screen. :)

Having said that though, it states that the winning track would be up on display for one or more websites, so that gives some recognition. I suppose the prize is really that & you can always give away the codes for the synth1 to another (I assume?).

Also, what looks exciting to me is working on the song within the confinements of the contest. For instance, it says you can use live instruments for part of it & FX from other native synths...sort of like loop-holes. :) Sadly, I don't have the live instrument I'd like to have to add to the fun...though I could probably use my guitar. It doesn't say in the rules about live instruments that I couldn't use Reason native effects from it to give distortion, echo, delay etc.

How many songs can we submit per person?

Best,
Twitchy

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2018

joeyluck wrote:
01 Jun 2018
TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Jun 2018

Yeah we had the Players Challenge that had just launched when these hit the shop. And it sounded like they hit the shop sooner than expected, in order to make it into the May Madness sale.

If you got the intro price, that's a great offer! :thumbs_up:
However, we have also timed this competition so that the deadline is still before any trial licenses expire (so even if you hit Try on the first day, you'll still have access). The intro offer was also ending with the May Madness sale, so we would have had to make the competition even shorter to allow judges a chance to listen and vote and then give users who didn't win a chance to get in on the intro price offer...it would've been cramped and all while another competition was going on and we want to be fair to competition sponsors.

So while it is a little bit after the release, it's not too late for anybody who are already trying the devices. So we wanted to make sure we at least met that deadline.
Fair enough :)

Having a song challenge is still better than not having one, even if it's a bit late. That's for sure.

Maybe my comment "but there's no reason to join the challenge now" was a bit exaggerated. The more I think about it, it's actually not that unlikely I'll write some music using only these 3 synths anyway.

It's gonna be interesting to see what people will come up with for this challenge.

joeyluck

02 Jun 2018

Also, there's this nice little hint given by Noise Engineering in the comment section of this Facebook post:
Watch the PH shop this weekend for a flash sale for those who were disappointed by the sale ending before May Madness. We want to make it up to you!
And looks like they are on sale:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product_ ... -bundle-1/

The_Arc

02 Jun 2018

Here's my entry, I hope you like it! I haven't purchased these REs yet so I'd be very happy to win!!!!!! :)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2018

The_Arc wrote:
02 Jun 2018
Here's my entry, I hope you like it! I haven't purchased these REs yet so I'd be very happy to win!!!!!! :)

Nice! :thumbs_up:

Loque

02 Jun 2018

The_Arc wrote:
02 Jun 2018

Pretty weird that it does not need 64 tracks, 300 fx, bunch of expansive hardware to create good tracks with the "Reason Sound". Well done. I smell a new genre coming with those devices.
Reason12, Win10

antic604

03 Jun 2018

Loque wrote:
01 Jun 2018

Awesome!!! <3

dandandaaan

03 Jun 2018

I threw this together "live" to just play with my new toys! No MIDI or recording, just an old-school 14:2 mixer, a few matrix pattern sequencers and some automation. I too already own the synths so no intention of winning really but I had a lot of fun!

singer/songwriter with electronic tendencies

http://pointsmusic.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/points_music

Logic / Ableton Live / Reason Rack / Nord Stage 2 / Moog Grandmother / Eurorack / Guitars, drums, toys

KirkMarkarian

03 Jun 2018

Here's my submission for the challenge - rough, distorted sounds, like sandpaper to the face!

KirkMarkarian

03 Jun 2018

Loque wrote:
01 Jun 2018

I dig this - gonna have to learn how to mix like this! Has a sound that I really love.

aeox
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2018

I have to say, Basimilus was love on first use for me. The other two took a little longer to grow on me.. but they did!

Basimilus is impressive simply as a kick drum synth :P Would love to see more specialized RE like this, with their own focused and unique identity/sound.

Loque

04 Jun 2018

KirkMarkarian wrote:
03 Jun 2018
Loque wrote:
01 Jun 2018

I dig this - gonna have to learn how to mix like this! Has a sound that I really love.
Ty. PSQ as sequencer, only stock fx, SSL compressor AFAIR, not sure about maximizer. Nothing else.
Reason12, Win10

• Information